PDA

View Full Version : 1971 engine mount

Conquistador_del_mar
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone know where I might find the vibration damper on my 1971 Donzi engine mount? The rubber inside the ring in the picture has given up. This was a Chris Craft marinized LT1 engine when first installed, and I would like to keep it original.
Also, is anyone having a problem with looking at the pictures in the posts when you want to see the enlarged version? Bill

superhatz
08-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey Bill.....love the resto thread!.....I have been trying to look at your pics......what kind of tape should I use to redo my boot stripe?

As far as the engine mount.....I'd think they could be rebuilt?.....maybe check Hemmings motor news?

Aaron

Conquistador_del_mar
08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey Bill.....love the resto thread!.....I have been trying to look at your pics......what kind of tape should I use to redo my boot stripe?

As far as the engine mount.....I'd think they could be rebuilt?.....maybe check Hemmings motor news?

Aaron

Aaron,
By far the best tape I have used for edge work is 3Ms fine line tape. It has a razor edge and is a sort of light green color. I prefer the 3/4" since it pulls very straight as you are setting the line without wavering or stretching. I always pull it from quite a few feet back to get the line as perfect as possible. If you don't like the set, you can pull it up and start over. Be sure to really press it on when you are done. You will see a color change as it sets tight against the surface. Bill

superhatz
08-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks Bill!!

:)