PDA

View Full Version : zx sun deck

bulletbrother
08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a 1999 28zx with bad vinyl on the sun deck. I want to replace it this winter and am trying to get all the parts bought now. I wan to keep the origanal look with zx logo sewn into the vinyl. All the local shops dont think the can sew the zx in the vinyl and make it look good. I contacted Donzi parts dept at the factory and they told me I had to go thru a dealer and they could order the vinyl. I contacted my local donzi dealer and they contacted the factory and there reply was thet they didnot replace parts on boats if they are older than 4 years. I told my local dealer that the cover looks just like the one they use on the new 28zx's. The dealer was friendly and tried to be helpful but in a round about way he basicaly told me the factory did not want to mess with selling me a cover. My question to the board is has anybody tried to duplicate the origanal zx and how it turned out or if anybody had anyother ideas so I dont just have a plain white sun deck.

The Hedgehog
08-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Mine goes faster now that the ZX is gone! And I don't get burned.

When I do it over I will probably add it back. A good competent shop whould be able to do it.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Mine goes faster now that the ZX is gone! And I don't get burned.

When I do it over I will probably add it back. A good competent shop whould be able to do it.

Speaking of getting burned - what did you do about that steering wheel that was causing a magnifying glass effect and burning your carpet? What wheel was it? Bill

bulletbrother
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
thanks for the reply Mr hedgehog I attached a few pictures per youre request the last time i posted.

SilverBack
08-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I have had the same guy do a couple of boats for me. He does a great job! I work offshore and I was not around when he laid out the ZX for my pad and he did not hit the mark. I am going to redo it this winter. The guy that I bought the boat from had the deck recovered with no logo and it looked kind of naked to me. I think someone good could do it. My guy just missed the X and made one line too long.

The Hedgehog
08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Speaking of getting burned - what did you do about that steering wheel that was causing a magnifying glass effect and burning your carpet? What wheel was it? Bill

The effect was caused by the sloping corners of the x. It is kind of crazy. I will try to get a pic. Twilight zone stuff

The Hedgehog
08-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks.

I absolutely love the 28ZX single! One of the unsung boats of the day. It crushes waves and loves power.

LKSD
08-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Bullet, we may be able to help you.. Feel free to give me a ring if you would like.. :) Jamie / Lakeside