PDA

View Full Version : Do the right thing CHALLENGE!!!

SilverBack
08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I was looking at the thread where Harbormaster (Scot) was looking for some 4" bolt on mufflers and I had a thought.

I started a thread about my 25 ZX. On the first page we were talking about what it would take to make the boat go over 80 MPH.

Buizilla (JIM) said that it would take a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

He is right. This website is the best boat site on the internet. It just feels more like family and home than the others. It is a great service that Scot provides for us. If you don't agree with that you can stop reading this is not for you.

If you do agree I have a challenge for you......

I am getting done with a little boat project that was mentioned above. I have spent money on that project. I have gotten advice at every turn from this website. I know all of you that have boats that go 90 MPH or 80 MPH or even 70 have spent a lot of money on them. I also know that you end up with a lot of parts left over. I have an idea and a challenge for you.....

I am donating the following to the Donzi registry(Scot)...

1) 502 MAG fuel injection system
1) 27 pitch 4 blade Hydromotive prop (Brand New)
1) HP 500 bulldog intake
1) Corsa Captain's Call complete system
1) set of Gaffrig 3 1/2 inch switchable tips
1) set of factory 4 " tips with rubber flappers in great shape
1) Mirage plus i think it is a 23 pitch prop
1) PFM EFI computer

I will be adding to this list as I find things that I have replaced or didn't use.

I will encourage Scot to do a thread or silent auction here for each item or sell them on ebay or himself or whatever he wants...this stuff is his. We will have to get together and maybe a trip is in the works. I think
I have a truckload of stuff here.

I also want to challenge eveyone that has a boat that will go over 80 MPH to put up $100 a piece as I am doing now to get Scot his mufflers.

Scot could sell this website to some internet company like OSO or have so many ads that you can't move around. He keeps it very nice for us. Lets give a little back.

SilverBack
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh yes...if you need any of the items that I mentioned please get with Scot and let's get him some cash rolling in.....He has a boat to get finished with and Donzi events to attend!!!!!!!!!:wink:

SilverBack
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Ok..one more thing..the only thing that does not work on this website is the support the registry link.

Go to pay-pal.

Click on send money

send money to Scot@donzi.net

Send as much as you can!!

harbormaster
08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I believe the link works now. Someone let me know if it does not.

I have been approached by a company BUT I have been doing this for 11 years and its not something you just sell. It is not for sale. Its kinda like a classic car that does not have a price.
I could have used all the time I have spent on this site working extra hours at the office and get paid for it But that is too much like work.

The Hedgehog
08-07-2008, 08:06 PM
You have money left over?:hangum:

Just kidding, I have been known to send over a C-note every once and a while.

I also have a bunch of parts to donate. I hope that folks ask before buying elsewhere. I hope that CJ Mike does not buy anymore baffled tips on E-Bay:smash: Without talking to me! I would have gladly let them go for a $50 to the site.

Now the Dana's on the other hand. Those are still for sale!

Donziweasel
08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Thinking about it, I have a few things I could part with. Maybe Scot should start a new area of the website for donated parts for PAYING members. Swap meet kinda thing or just parts people have no use for they would be more than willing to donate to other members who need them. For example, I have a set of Corsa tips with mufflers, 2 barrel intake, carb, Bennett trim tab pump, and a few other odds and ends I would be more than happy to give to another member. Probably nothing there Scot would want, but he can have any of it he wants. Just an idea.

This is the kinda thing that sets this site apart. Hence my "This site..." thread.

SilverBack
08-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I am coming in from offshore tomorrow!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I talked to Scott (Mad Poodle) and I am getting the stuff that is at the house and taking it to Baton Rouge Monday and putting it all on a pallet and it will either go to FL or Houston. If you need any of the stuff that I donated just contact one of them. It is not my stuff any more.

Hedge....I don't have much $$$$ but it doesn't take much if we all chip in. I did have a lot of parts that I can't use anymore and I love this website so why not give the parts to a good cause. Weasel just give the parts to the registry and let Scot and Scott figure out what to do with the stuff. Hedge I know that you like me have all kinds of parts that are in great shape but of no use to you.

If everyone will donate the parts that they don't need and donate $$$$$ when they can I am sure that it will be well used and help to pay the registry back for all that it does. Servers and bandwidth do not pay for themselves.

If you are on a tight budget that is understandable (we have all been there) but if you can afford to help or if you have parts. Please donate to the registry.

Last Real Texan
08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
OK..... I already have tried to get some cash in the hand of the Harbormaster, see thread under parts for sale...Just Make a donation. I have shipped out one set of parts to a guy in the keys...Fuel pump and drive shower, I also on Monday have to send out some cables and steering arm to his brother in Tallahassee. They said they would make a donation to the board for the free goods. I also have a lot of other stuff listed that will go to who ever needs it provided they make a contribution to the board. Scott has done a great deal for us and I appreciate this very much.....

Hey I need a pair of mufflers too...

Tex

mrfixxall
08-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Your gonna be rich$$$$$$$$$$$:biggrin:

harbormaster
08-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Oh yeah. I am planning my around the world cruise even as I type this...

:tongue:

SilverBack
08-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Ken (Donzi) I tried to answer your PM but your bow is full.

Jim (Buizilla) please help me out if I am not correct on any of this but as far as I know The HP 500 Bulldog is a carbed HP 500. This intake is for a carbed engine. I am pretty sure that it was a 9.8 deck and it was a 502 CI. I would think that it would work on any BBC but I am not 100 % sure. My engine is a Gen VI block engine.

I bought the intake from Buizilla and never even tried to put it on. I was going to keep it but thought that it would be better used by someone that needs it and to help out the registry.

If you are interested in this intake or any of the other items that were donated please contact Mad Poodle or Harbor Master. It is theirs and I don't have any idea how much they want for it. It is in mint condition!

You guys that are donating stuff that I have talked to in the last day or so....please just list the items here and Scot or Scott will get with you about shipping. I can tell you that people are looking at this thread and it may help the registry make a quicker sale if you list the items here.

Thanks for all of the intrest!!

The Hedgehog
08-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I like the new name.

SilverBack
08-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks!!! I think it fits me!!:eek!::eek!::eek!:

smokediver
08-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Add to that an edelbrock small block dual plane intake for vortec heads . and a used 24 turbo prop .... i might have a 27 laser2 as well ... and a for sure a small hub 24 laser 2 ...

DONZI
08-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the info S.B. !
I didn't want to sidetrack the thread cause i thought the Buldog was the 540 and unsure with what deck.
I fixed my P.M. box & P.M.'d Scott.

SilverBack
08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
All of the stuff is down at David Wade Marine. Poodle is going to get the pallet of stuff picked up and will have pictures posted soon.