PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking Scorpion 28...

roadtrip se
08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Check out the headers... sweeeeetttt. Trueser, you need some of that!

http://www.ablboats.com/details.php?id=83059

Trueser
08-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Check out the headers... sweeeeetttt. Trueser, you need some of that!
http://www.ablboats.com/details.php?id=83059

On my list, I wonder how the 27 Pitch props run?

Todd. Another Scorpion is waiting on You!!!!!!:smash:

I have a call into him already..

In Poodle's area?

kramsay1234
08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
I have always wanted one of these boats since they came out. Trying to get my partner at work to buy one and then I will run that boat in Toronto and run my 22ZX up north in Orillia. Best of both worlds...

da donz
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Nice looking boat!!

GG Donzi
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Come on Trueser, just think of it as College tuiton. New Headers! New Props!

Last Real Texan
08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Bling Bling

roadtrip se
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
On my list, I wonder how the 27 Pitch props run?
Todd. Another Scorpion is waiting on You!!!!!!:smash:
I have a call into him already..
In Poodle's area?

Nice boat in Jacksonville The one that I had RedDog take a thousand pictures of is up for sale again over in Virginia, too. Same color scheme, but with IMCO bling bling headers.

BTW, Trueser, Tim took those pics for me two years ago, long before the dream of a Scorpion was a gleam in your mind. They are gorgeous boats and that power package makes them darn right respectable performers, so can I have another ride some time soon???

Must focus on growing daisies in the flower pot for now, as the toy shed is full.

BUIZILLA
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
don't Scorp's REQUIRE premium fuel??

RedDog
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Nice boat in Jacksonville The one that I had RedDog take a thousand pictures of is up for sale again over in Virginia, too. Same color scheme, but with IMCO bling bling headers.

I still have quite a few (but ditched many) of the photos on file if anyone is interested.

cutwater
08-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Since it's been brought to the top again (sorry MP :wink:), those headers are blingin', but he's claiming they single-handedly took those engines to 413 HP??

Either way, this is a very sweet ride.

BUIZILLA
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
anybody with a brain will care when you pull up to a dock that only has E10 and it's 87..... :propeller: :smash:

seems the norm these days.... :doh:

then again, if you don't care, and don't have a brain... :nilly:

have at it :cool:

The Hedgehog
08-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Anyone with half a brain would realize that ALL the docks will have E10.. And be prepared with some Star Tron on board..
And octane boost... :smash:

I always felt that if I was going to the PITA of running prem I would want to go much faster than 75:smash:

That is why I have a 55 gallon drum of 110 oct in my building at the top of the hill! The only real octane boost.

The Hedgehog
08-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Yer gonna look real cool carrying that in your boat when we run 140 miles or so in the Keys ;) :) :)
Now, leave me alone, I'm looking at pictures :D :D

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you guys run down in that corrosive water. It is pretty though and you have some cool places to go.

I would want twins for that too.

The Hedgehog
08-09-2008, 08:22 AM
It's not corrosive water..
It's mild acid :eek: :eek:
Some call it micro-dot :D :D

Now that you put it that way....well could you send some up. It might be fun to have some of that and marvel over the Tn hill people.:eek!:

Donziweasel
08-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I took a hit of saltwater man, look at the colors!:eek!:

The Hedgehog
08-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I took a hit of saltwater man, look at the colors!:eek!:

And the phoney looking sky.

roadtrip se
08-09-2008, 12:43 PM
As for burning premium in a Scorpion powered boat, don't knock it until you try it. The difference isn't much on a fill-up, most guys are trailering these things any way, and the reward from behind the wheel is SWEEEET.

After being in Jill's boat, starting up the 500 sounds like a Peterbilt. The Scorpion package is that smooth and powerful at the same time.

Anybody want to buy a Scorpion 18, we might have to DOUBLE DOWN! And MP, I get dibbs on the Jax boat!

BUIZILLA
08-09-2008, 02:22 PM
As for burning premium in a Scorpion powered boat, don't knock it until you try it. The difference isn't much on a fill-up, most guys are trailering these things any way, you missed the point...

once again..:angel:

so if you pull up to your local bay or lake dock, and all they have is 87, that trailer will come in handy for ya, you might even load back up, find a station with premium, unload it again, and get back on the water the same day... hey, it'll only take an hour or two or three or four to do that, so what the hell.. :popcorn:

either that or carry 3,450 cans of 104 booster with ya... and watch the tailpipes turn orange...

capeche' :)

anonymous non 93 required user :shark:

Mr X
08-09-2008, 03:22 PM
OR, just buy enough reg to get ya to your destination, keep your foot out of it, and run it like any other boat..
Exactly!

roadtrip se
08-09-2008, 05:56 PM
as premium is available all day long at most docks on Lake Cumberland, so quit being such a kill joy, would ya! And I'll fill up on land 98.9% of the time any way...

BUIZILLA
08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
:wink: then you've got every reason to buy it...

pull the trigger there sparky :cool:

BUIZILLA
08-09-2008, 06:14 PM
87 :wink: :angel:

Donziweasel
08-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I looked at a Scorpion for my 16 on ebay once. Did some research. They recommend 93 octane. We don't even have it up here, the most is 91, something to do with the altitude. I think octane boost is mostly BS.

Hedgehog, just out of curiosity, how much did 55 gallons of basically racing fuel cost ya? I bet about the cost of a plane ticket to JH!:eek!:

The Hedgehog
08-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I looked at a Scorpion for my 16 on ebay once. Did some research. They recommend 93 octane. We don't even have it up here, the most is 91, something to do with the altitude. I think octane boost is mostly BS.
Hedgehog, just out of curiosity, how much did 55 gallons of basically racing fuel cost ya? I bet about the cost of a plane ticket to JH!:eek!:

Octane Boost is BS, you are right on that. Like Buiz said, it will take a whole slug of it to do anything.

By in large, I think that the whole having to run 93 to get a few extra mph is kind of BS. In the case of my 26 it is kind of a special boat. My thoughts are kind of like Todd's, if you can get your hands on it then why not. The cost is not that big of a deal.

I just got off the lake in my 26ZX. It was a nice day. We were heading out to Sligo without much traffic. I was running along at 75 and gave it a good squeeze. I was running along at 85-86 in no time. Oh yeah, I stayed in it a while. Was it worth needing prem. Oh yeah.

A can of 110 does cost about as much as a plane ticket to JH.

BUIZILLA
08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Hog, i'll be up there Monday for a week or so, looking forward to hooking up... :cool: my neighbor was getting fuel at 4 Seasons when you apparently blew by there..

got to commute back and forth to Nville a few times in between though...

roadtrip se
08-10-2008, 12:09 PM
:wink: then you've got every reason to buy it...
pull the trigger there sparky :cool:

Got to make some room in the toy shed first, meaning the 18 has got to go.
I have already received a couple of inquiries, so I could let it go for the right price and Jill is cool with it.

Then there is the flower pot that needs attention and that is going to leave a mark on the wallet. I could just do the bottom and bilge work, but I really would like to "freshen" the power while it sitting on the ground.

Moons, stars, and astroids need to align.

Somebody pass me a little more of that salt water.

BTW, we have been running 91 in the Scorp for a year. Runs great, less filling.

Buiz, call me when you get your agenda together for the week. We are in the neighborhood.

RunninRed
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
All B.S. aside how fast do you guys think think this boat would run all out?

Last Real Texan
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
All B.S. aside how fast do you guys think think this boat would run all out?
high 70's....most likely and maybe 80-82 on a good day.

Tex

roadtrip se
08-11-2008, 03:46 PM
82 at 5100 with the 27s.

That would be a good running boat...

RunninRed
08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Cool, thanks. Its a sharp boat. Would love to get it but I couldnt bring myself to upgrade to a slower boat. Though it sounds like it runs identical to the one I have now.

Hmmm, wheels are turning. Brain likes it, wallet doesnt.....

high 70's....most likely and maybe 80-82 on a good day.

Tex

Last Tango
08-12-2008, 02:17 PM
I remember when that boat was brand new. The first owner got it from his wife as a birthday present. He is the CEO of ParkerVision. Anyway, the place he bought it sells 89 Octane only and that is where he filled it. At first I saw him dutifully using octane boosters, but then that tapered off. There are several places around here that offer 93 octane on the water. I doubt he spent any time filling up at them before going home to his lift on his waterfront home. He lived on a freshwater creek, but the water in the main river is brakish. But the motor now sports those pretty headers, so who knows what was done to the motors to achieve that 413 number. I also know absolutely nothing about the second owner and where he kept it. I can pretty much guess the second owner had all that performance stuff done. Original owner was not really a performance boater type. He probably has an offshore fishing boat as his follow-up.

The Hedgehog
08-13-2008, 03:12 AM
Hog, i'll be up there Monday for a week or so, looking forward to hooking up... :cool: my neighbor was getting fuel at 4 Seasons when you apparently blew by there..
got to commute back and forth to Nville a few times in between though...

The HH had to go out of town on biz and then hit a wedding in Napa Valley. I run by 4 Seasons a pretty good bit. If it was late on Sat afternoon I was probably running in the 80's when I came by. I am not usually going that fast in front of 4 Seasons. It is usually pretty busy there.