PDA

View Full Version : This site.....

Donziweasel
08-06-2008, 01:37 PM
We all love Donzi's and many of us like to modify them. I just want to say how great a resouce this has been for me for the last two years with my first Donzi. To have members like Scott (Madpoodle) and Randy (Biggriz) send expensive props to someone 1000's of miles away who they have never met in this day and age is mind blowing. To be able to call members who I have never met about problems and get answers is amazing (Buiz, Rootsy, Grizz, MP, and others). To watch builds and restos coming along (GCarter, Hedgehog, Last Real Texan, VonKamp, small block ford, Rootsy, 502 Stang, and others) and learn from them is also great. Freinds I have made (too damn many to list). Now that Randy is sending me a couple of props to try, I am pretty dialed in after 2 years! What a great resource this site has been to me! Can't put a price tag on it. Beers on me when we finally meet!:nilly:

gold-n-rod
08-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Beers on me when we finally meet!

That's gonna leave a mark......... on your wallet!!!! :smash::smash::smash:

The Hedgehog
08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
It has been a great resource for all of us.

I have a number of those stories too like throttles, props, brackets and even a fuel tank that made its way all the way from south Fla.

Donziweasel
08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
That's gonna leave a mark......... on your wallet!!!! :smash::smash::smash:

Still cheaper than most of the mistakes I would have made and paying full retail for some of the parts!:smash::eek!::)

kramsay1234
08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree 100% First, its great we have the internet for this type of stuff, but it would be worthless without people actually here everyday looking to help. I never felt that Newbie punishment that some feel is necessary to give. Everyone here (all names mentioned, plus more) have been great and I know that if I need anything I can just post it up and someone will be there who has probably been there, done that, and got the shirt.

Thanks

sweet 16 1966
08-06-2008, 10:24 PM
My experiences have also been as rewarding. Learned lots. Just wish I knew then what I know now. Name change needed for years to be vintage correct. Definately devoted to brand. Great quality folks who care. I bet the Eufaula gathering could use a round.

chappy
08-07-2008, 07:31 AM
This site breeds good karma.

BigGrizzly
08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Most if not all of us just want to share experiences and save others from making EXPENSIVE mistakes that have already been made by us. I too have received much help from others, if not only the boat but on the grill too, thanks to the Texas guys even the transplants(RT and Jill). I will say meeting the people is one of the real high points. You can listen to Doc Dan beating on Air boy see his great stuff and actually buy it and not feel bad about the $ because the quality is top drawer. Meet people that are unsung hero's like Yellow Fever AKA Bravo I. This guy has been known to fly to others to help them. Air 22 with the best looking boat trailer in the world. Red Dog who you may see hanging out on an overpass just to get a picture of a Donzi caravan heading to Cumberland. Harbor Master ever present but seldom seen:( Mad poodle and Buiz and more great and helpful people. This is just to name a few. Everyone has contributed something, no matter how small, it is helpful. I won't say much about HOT SHOT, but you don't want to miss his boat in person, especially the new version. I can go on forever, but I need to clean the house, wife still works!:yes::(. Any way Donzi Weasel while your buying the beers we will be taking pictures of your wife :wink:

Donziweasel
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
I am surprised the pics of Boo Boo have lasted as long as they have up there. Of course, Boxy threatening to throw anyone off the dock who moves them is a pretty good incentive.:smash:

I have been to other sites, but they are different. Not as tight. Speedwake, OSO, hotboat, they all share a common interest in boats, but not one particular make. Also, some view our "microboats" as Bayliners. Even been to a few brand ones, like Formula, still different.

BigGrizzly
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
DW are you out of your mind this site isn't close nit it is a family. Now you got the Donzi mystique to deal with!:lightning :angel:

Donziweasel
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
I know we are all family, if not dysfunctional at times. Now everyone, since you are family, I expect you to change your names. Biggrizzweasel, Madweasel, Buizillaweasel, chappyweasel, Hedgehog, your close enough to the species, you can stay the same, Last Real Weasel, Rootsyweasel, Sweet Little Weasel, Scot VanWeasel, Boxyweasel, you get the point.:smash::)

tom freeman
08-07-2008, 08:05 PM
my boat would not even run without this site. i have had many donzi's and other boats, but i used to either pay folks to fix them or just sell them at their end of life. well as luck would have it, i ended up with one broken down corsican, no motor, no finish, basically broken. i also was (am) broke. this forum and the suggestions of its members (which i followed) have enabled me to have a reliable craft that i love. every member mentioned in this tread have also helped me with direct and indirect advice. i love my donzi and now i am water skiing behind it... unreal. plus i have a new donzi wardrobe.

anyway many thanks to all... there is good karma on this site.

harbormaster
08-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Its kinda funny...

When I will get stuck with a boat problem, I hesitate to ask a question on the site because alot of people think I am an authority on Donzi's.
But when you think of it, Really none of us are true authority on the whole enchilada. We have experts on a whole lot of different pieces of the donzi boat puzzle. So if you have a question, butch up and ask it. There is probably someone out there who wanted to ask it but did not. (present company included :propeller:)

Over the 11 years I have operated this site, I and countless members have worked tirelessly to welcome most everyone with open arms. I am sure most of of us take pride in the fact that this site does not tolerate the lynch mob mentality that exists on certain other boating sites. There are exceptions of course, but sometimes they keep thing entertaining till they weed themselves out.

For the last 6 months, I now personally approve each and every new membership applicant. Each new applicant must provide their full contact info. This helps keep out the destructive spammers which have started coming out of the woodwork. It also helps me to keep the membership populated with folks who really want to be a part of this site. It also helps keep out troublemakers who hide behind their anomoninity

There have been growing pains and casulties along the way; (religion, politics, donzi girls...). Lod knows I am definitely not perfect and have made alot of mstakes along the way. There is always a better way of doing things and I am always open to suggestions.

This site is constantly evolving to ensure there is something for everyone in this cross section of humanity. If there is ever anything I can do for anyone please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks everyone. Scot vanAlstine

raa711
08-08-2008, 06:59 AM
For the past forty years, I've spent numerous hours messing with outboards and subscribing to websites and forums with marginal degrees of success. Finally--two years ago--I convinced my self to buy the boat I'd wanted for years: a 16 Donzi Classic. I am not disapponted! Whats more, this site has provided me with thoughtful answers to my questions. Probably more so than any site I have subscribed to. And for that, I am deeply appreciative. Thanks to all and keep it coming!

osur866
08-11-2008, 01:40 AM
DW, couldn't have said it better, this site has been a huge help for me and I feel that without it I would have wasted many many hours and countless $$'s getting my boat dialed in, instead I've only made a few mistakes and saved probably thousands and many pain killers for all the headaches I would have had and I probably wouldn't have stayed the course and hung in there so hear hear to all on this site and thank you all very much as well you all :band: Steve

BigGrizzly
08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Scott, WE ALL owe you. If you have a question just ask. THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK!