PDA

View Full Version : Went to the job site....

Donziweasel
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Went to take a look at the Lazy P today and the contractor is kicking ass. Here are some pics, first one is the shop. Main house and guest cabin are looking sweet also.

The Hedgehog
08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Guest cabin huh! Tex and I will be over this winter:shark:

Donziweasel
08-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Won't be ready until after winter, but I have a guest room! You and Tex could stay there and catch the runoff though!

rtgogo
08-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh...can I get an invite outa association with Hedgehog? some really beautiful country you got there!!!!!!!!! the "cabin" is nice too......I've been through a similar process lately and wish you all the best...

The Hedgehog
08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh...can I get an invite outa association with Hedgehog? some really beautiful country you got there!!!!!!!!! the "cabin" is nice too......I've been through a similar process lately and wish you all the best...

Did you do a house at Martin?

rtgogo
08-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Yep.....know any investors? Shez spectacular!

Donziweasel
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
What do you think Bill, would he be a good addition to a trip out here?:crossfing:

The Hedgehog
08-08-2008, 06:14 PM
What do you think Bill, would he be a good addition to a trip out here?:crossfing:

He might. Let's see what he does this winter. If he goes for a blower we can take him on over to Corbet's for the real sack check!:hangum:

BUIZILLA
08-08-2008, 06:28 PM
what gorgeous countryside..

rtgogo
08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Was plannin on heads and cam for the chrome two wheeler....but think I maya found a new girl this spring.....Hmmmmm...

The Hedgehog
08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
He might. Let's see what he does this winter. If he goes for a blower we can take him on over to Corbet's for the real sack check!:hangum:

I think that he will do the right thing. The Force is strong in that one!:pimp:

LKSD
08-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Nice place.. log cabins are cool.. :)

Donziweasel
08-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks Buiz and Jamie on the compliments. Hedgehog, I can feel the force in that one, but how can you be sure he will not turn to the darkside with a NA engine?

Didn't launch Corbets this year, although I probably should have with the amount of snow we had. Got a pretty good track record, I only blow up half the times I drop in there!

Patti
08-12-2008, 04:51 PM
John, it looks great!!!

Send my best to Margie :)

Donziweasel
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Will do Pattie, and tell Jamie hello from us. Went horseback riding yesterday in the National Forest behind The Lazy P yesterday. Got to 9000 ft. Absolutely amazing.

boxy
08-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Didn't launch Corbets this year, although I probably should have with the amount of snow we had. Got a pretty good track record, I only blow up half the times I drop in there!

As a kid growing up skiing the East, Corbet's was always a magical world.

Not sure if my knees are still quick enough, but I'd still like to try ...... :wink:

The Hedgehog
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
As a kid growing up skiing the East, Corbet's was always a magical world.
Not sure if my knees are still quick enough, but I'd still like to try ...... :wink:

Heck, I doubt that I have enough sack anymore. I have good days and bad one's. I have dropped some pretty good chutes at Alta and Squaw and some days had my tail between my lags (and sitting in the back seat) on some relatively benign stuff. I have only seen Corbets in pics. It looked huge and e everything looks smaller in pics. On a good day with the right group...who knows.

I do know that I want JH bad. To me, I have always considered it one of the true skiers mountains like Alta, A-Basin, Squaw and Crested Butte. I have done those four many times but heard that JH is the stuff.

What I love? Deep fluffy power (not Sierra Cement), steep tight chutes, tight tree runs and high speed cruisers. I also love a great spring day on the corn in the Sierras. Not all the same stuff

My nemesis? Endless steep mogul fields. Go figure! You can only get so good living in the SE.

As for Boxy, I think anyone that can master the eastern ice can ski some hard stuff!

Donziweasel
08-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Funny thing about Corbet's is that most locals don't ski it. It is for tourists who want to be able to say they "dropped Corbets". Corbets faces north and our prevaling winds are from the southwest. When it dumps, it can blow feet of snow in there. This is when you will see a few locals take the plunge. Without a lot of fresh snow, Corbets is kinda blown knee waiting to happen.

Jackson Hole is all you described and more Hedgehog. We hate bumps and most of the mountain is smooth. 420 inch average a year (Vail 250, Sun Valley, 195) with many years over 500 inches (this last one was the all time record as you know-625!). One inch of rain = up to 24 inches of snow out here, Colorado, 12 inches. Been voted the best snow on earth more than once by Ski magazine. Steeps, chutes, gullies, wide open (the Hobacks is almost as famous as Corbets, 3000 verticle ft of wide open black diamond powder skiing). Oh yeah, once the mountain is tracked, you simply take a lift up and head out a backcountry gate and ski all the powder you can handle. I honestly believe JH and Grand Targhee has some of the best skiing on the planet.

The Hedgehog
08-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I could see what you are saying about Corbets. The best runs I have done are the obscure stuff.

That description of the mountain sounds like it is my kind of place. I could really like that.

Funny thing about Corbet's is that most locals don't ski it. It is for tourists who want to be able to say they "dropped Corbets". Corbets faces north and our prevaling winds are from the southwest. When it dumps, it can blow feet of snow in there. This is when you will see a few locals take the plunge. Without a lot of fresh snow, Corbets is kinda blown knee waiting to happen.
Jackson Hole is all you described and more Hedgehog. We hate bumps and most of the mountain is smooth. 420 inch average a year (Vail 250, Sun Valley, 195) with many years over 500 inches (this last one was the all time record as you know-625!). One inch of rain = up to 24 inches of snow out here, Colorado, 12 inches. Been voted the best snow on earth more than once by Ski magazine. Steeps, chutes, gullies, wide open (the Hobacks is almost as famous as Corbets, 3000 verticle ft of wide open black diamond powder skiing). Oh yeah, once the mountain is tracked, you simply take a lift up and head out a backcountry gate and ski all the powder you can handle. I honestly believe JH and Grand Targhee has some of the best skiing on the planet.