PDA

View Full Version : Results from LOTO

osur866
08-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Just got back from a week @ LOTO where I was able to do a little testing with props. First of all I'd like to thank the whole Donzi family and then single out a few people. Thanks Grizz, Hedgehog, Farmer TX, Don Cig, and Road Trip for all lending me props to try. I have finally found something that works pretty darn good after at least 12 different props on the boat. Conditions 95-100 degrees with heat indexes of 110-116 pretty nice water 1/3 tank fuel me only 72.3 gps @ 4800 rpm's :biggrin.:. As a few know I've been playing with the shorty on an 18 with limited success until this week, tried many different things and have finally gained some real speed and the handling on the top end was pretty good as well. And the prop that got me there RoadTrips mantle Artwork, thats right a 29P labbed mirage plus repitched to a 28 :eek!:. I feel on a cool dry day I could get at least 1 to 2 more out of it and a bit closer to 5000 rpms needless to say I'm pretty happy :propeller: . I really liked the 52 mph cruise @ 3600 rpm. So I will say with confidence that the shorty does work on the 18 if your patience and its good for at least 3 mph maybe more, as said I think I can get close to 73.5 or more on a dry cool day so far its been good for around 3. For all out speed the mirage plus 3 blade has been the best, even I was suprised of the size I has able to go up from, I started with a 25p and went all the way to a 29 repitched to the 28 I do have 1.65 gears in the upper which makes for GREAT accleration. Thanks again to the board and all which helped me get here. PS - Todd go buy some other mantel art cause the prop found a new home on a little 18! Thanks, Steve

ky-donzi
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Glad to hear you got some results. I know when i talked to you, you were a little frustrated.

Want to come help me now with props?????

BigGrizzly
08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Steve Helping you was a pleasure. I am glad your happy.

The Hedgehog
08-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I new you would pull it off. Congrads.

roadtrip se
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Hydro P5 has already found a place on the mantle in Kentucky.

I admire Steve for sticking with it. Showing up at a rally, this year's AOTH, getting to know a few folks, asking some great questions, and having the guts to keep trying stuff.

I would have never, ever, ever predicted he would land on a big ole three blade. Goes to show ya, you got to try it all and see what happens.

Congrats. Now go enjoy a finely tuned boat for the rest of the summer, would ya!

Keeper of the NEXT mantle prop...

osur866
08-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement, felt pretty good to finally have it dialed in :biggrin.: , seems like it has been alot of work but there is no doubt it is a much more fun boat to drive than when it was stock. Plan for the rear of the Summer is fuel and enjoying it thanks again everyone for helping me get here! Steve

BigGrizzly
08-11-2008, 10:44 AM
After working with you,quitting or giving up isn't in your vocabulary.