PDA

View Full Version : Since I do all my own work......

Last Real Texan
08-05-2008, 04:44 PM
And I am one of the big guys LOL, I thought Iwould post up a pic of my redneck drive stand......hey $ 30 bucks and an hour of my time......I plan on painting it Merc Blue and adding a tool tray for nuts bolts and stuff I use while pulling the drive and adding some of the obligatory racing stickers...Crower, Crane, Merc, Lunati, Comp, Jesel, and the like and the most important..........Beer stickers, Coors, Bass, Bud, and my fovorite some of the Hedgehogs special Ale brew that I am patiently waiting for a sticker....you know how those basement brew companies are....

Hey laugh all you want but the drive stand works! and it lets me do more of my own work.....:nilly::nilly::nilly:

Tex

The Hedgehog
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
:rock:You are a real Renaissance man!

One case of the Hedgehog Special Rock Island Red for you!:drinkbeer:

I am heading out to pull my drive and put some snaps in my X-18 cover so I can feel important too.

ky-donzi
08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Good idea, I like it.

Home built....... necessity is the mother of all creation.

What do you think of a plywood extention box????? Just kidding

f_inscreenname
08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I plan on painting it Merc Blue and adding a tool tray for nuts bolts and stuff I use while pulling the drive

Tex

Now that's redneck.:biggrin:

Great job.

The Hedgehog
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Good idea, I like it.

Home built....... necessity is the mother of all creation.

What do you think of a plywood extention box????? Just kidding

Plywood ext box....LOL, that's pretty good.

Not near as sporty an my lifting eye brackets you made. I really appreciate that. I am still playing around with the back. I shot the front with epoxy and installed it on Sat. I thought I would dive in real quick and hook it up before I went to the lake. Of course I gave someone overly optimistic dimension on the hole size (and thank god not alignment)so I had to drill out some more glass. Then I wanted line the holes with epoxy, then discovered my bolts were about 1/4 inch short.... did I tell you how hot it is under the bow of an 18 at 1:00 in the afternoon? Not much room to work either and that epoxy....not a really good buzz at all!:hangum:

Oh well, I did feel pretty sporty about riding around the lake on Sat with my bow eye on front.

ky-donzi
08-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Hedgehog,

Glad i could be of some help.... Let me know when you get the rear ready to weld.

BigGrizzly
08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Now I like that drive box, I can do that too. Tex I am waiting for some stuff and them we will be ready for you and do testing.

Last Real Texan
08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Now I like that drive box, I can do that too...
Easy there big fella.....it is patent pending....

Looking forward to some testing

Tex

gcarter
08-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Tex, you make me feel ashamed.....I could have built something like that myself. I spent 2 1/2 times as much as you did (about $80.00) and I don't have any "billboard" sides like you do to put "Donzi" and "Donzi.Net" stickers on.
I wouldn't put any beer stickers on though...Beer-Yuck!
Good pure water or nuthin'.
Ya notice the drive is waitin' for me to re-finish it.......Gotta real sporty nose cone too.
It'll soon see better days.
I really love the stand. It's one of the best tool investments I've made. Sure beats leaning the outdrive in the corner. Real portable too. I keep my big water cup right on the top of it.

zelatore
08-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey George, that's a pretty need red floor you've got there...What is that, about a quart of gel? :wink:

gcarter
08-06-2008, 05:51 PM
At least!
I'm going to have to grind it when I get through.