PDA

View Full Version : Lake George NY- Fall Picnic Sept 5th-7th

Dr. Dan
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
:wavey::beer::puke:Yep just when ya thought is was safe to venture out in your boat again... we're doing the Fall Picnic again up at Lake George.

Check your local TV and Newspapers for specific times and locations, channels may vary depending on if Cliff screwed them up or not? :wink:

The Picnic is a great time - low key - low tide and Low Riders.... are all Welcome. Bring a Signature Dish, BBQ or Incinerate (Undertaker)your Choice of Protein Based Food & Preservatives. :tase: Home base is always the Treasure Cove... unsuspecting folks who don't know any better also stay at the Capri Village... (like me).

The Village has their Car Show this same Weekend and its always good to eye up a new model chassis or two. Yep check out the lines of your favorite quarterpanel :eek!: Rub the shine back on your favorite Body Part! :thumbsup: Or just look like an idiot like I do and stay the hell outta the way! Works for me.

Pearson is on Meds all weekend so its cool to bring virtually anything that Floats... Matty might even grace us with his presence, Culotta may actually get to drive his own boat cuz Air Head will not be there... Haver is likely to show his Junk to anyone who's interested. FastEddie will try to Dock his Cruise Ship near the Island and make passengers swim to get a ride, Brian Ehlert will likely show up, Eat and Leave never to be seen of again until the next Picnic.

Tom Davis will be giving a Class on how to remove spontaneous Racing Stripes from the back of your Truck Hatch -sponsored by Scott Pearson:doh:

Don & Kim will bring their Frozen "Recipe" Surprise - Maybe a new 22 Owner will grace our presence with his Hot Chic First Mate(?), Slap Shot may invade the waters again...

My boat might actually run again on Lake George - without the Tow Line?

So make plans to head to the Lake for a Picnic of Legendary Proportions, where the water is warm, the views are second to none and the People are, well the Coolest - don't believe us just ask us! :beer:

Doc of Random Events :screwy: More to come.....

Dr. Dan
08-08-2008, 11:02 AM
:smash:Poor mans version of "Stickying This Thread"

Bump! :angel:

undertaker
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Who is going to this event:smash::smash:....come on Lake George is a awesome lake we need a bunch of crazed Donzi owners to tear this lake up.

ZX owners are even welcome at this event:wink:......Jaime (Lakeside), Fasttrucker get your boats out of the garage and get on up to Lake George. see ya there.:):):nilly::nilly:

Undertaker:pimp:

mattyboy
08-09-2008, 04:59 PM
:nilly:

DON N.
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
:drinkbeer:

bob haver
08-15-2008, 04:21 PM
The picnic is always a great time and there is a street rod show lots &lots of nice cars:convertib::):popcorn:

Air 22
08-20-2008, 05:46 PM
:beer::alky::smileybo:

Scott Pearson
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Yes...who is all comming???? Like always this will be one hell of a time! Did someone say racing stripes???? Next is Toms boat! Cant miss that one...

So lets get a head count!

Kirbyvv
08-21-2008, 08:01 AM
I'll be there with Martha and two friends.
Kirby

boxy
08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
What time do the boats pull out of Treasure Cove on Saturday??

....I'd also ask what time they leave the Capri, but Doc is the only guy that docks there, but I'd never swing a ride on the Teal beast .... :D :D

Dr. Dan
08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
:smash:Box... The Island is less than a mile away from the Treasure Cove...so if you are thinking of coming down in the morning we can pick you up at any time...when you arrive.

Just kinda let us know a time window and we can do fly byes until ya come...we pretty much stay on the Island all day...we start to shuttle stuff probably after 9:30 or when everyone has had breakfast...no strict rules at this Event, alot of us make as many as 2 or 3 trips to carry stuff over to the Island. :drive:

Charcoal, Welders, Venus Fly Traps and all the necessary paraphernalia to cook to a perfect unnatural glow any Man Made or Farm Bred Beast Carcass... its recommended that everyone bring their own Rebar - Ready Mix Cement is availble for those that are partial to really heavy Beverages.:drinkbeer:

Bring lots of Ice, Plenty of appetite and your favorite Dish(es) to pass or share. If ya can't bring food or beverages than bring your own Wheel and Waxing Compound...cuz although we don't have dishes to clean --- we can arrange to have Donzis Polished to compensate for your specific mode of Gluttony.:clap:

Rooster Boy has promised not to drop in so we won't have to worry about his nasty Tail Spray when we do run the boats. Unfortunately Johnny Revlon has apparently renewed his Visa and has succeeded in Bribing Pearson to let him attend another Lake George Event.

Haver (Johnny Bravo) has agreed to let anyone who wants to, to Wax his new Hardware on his Transom. Donny promised to Model his new Timberline Boots that also serve as next years latest Boat Shoes, and or Mooring Anchor, whichever you prefer.

Undertaker has also agreed to give rides in the latest Waterproof Caskets that were just released and feature pinstripes that match the color of your Donzi. Each comes with its own floating bouy's and malfunctioning Halon System incase you want to experience spontaneous combustion. Hmmm I'll pass.:tase:

Bonnie has determined that an 18' Classic can have more appeal than a Hot Blooded Italian. :bonk:

Matty promised that the only Weenies he'll roast will be from some of the local Roadkill that can occur on some of the short curves around his Lake.

Dwight is not going to wear his Flight Helmet ..instead he has agreed to dress up as Louisiana Drag Queen with Knickers & High Heels....he claims it will give him another few mph in whatever boat he gets to ride in... now this I gotta see. :)

Me ... "I'll be at a Family BBQ" to pull a line from the movie Bad Boys II....

If ya haven't made reservations or if you have reservations about attending anything that someone that writes this kinda nonsense would even remotely be involved in ...than you're perfectly sane and absolutely right! Be Afraid!:lame2:

Doc of Non Flammable Projectile Vomit :puke: & Vocal Antics

mattyboy
08-22-2008, 08:14 AM
well not exactly road kill, but the neighbors cow had an early demise so porterhouses for everyone :p we have been working all summer at the clam bar so we were thinking a bushell of little necks but we are afraid the lake patrol will arrest us for introducing a foreign species to the lake:wink:
so we are just bringing jack daniels as see what happens

Air 22
08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Quote..."Unfortunately Johnny Revlon has apparently renewed his Visa and has succeeded in Bribing Pearson to let him attend another Lake George Event."

It was a cash Deal:alky:......:nilly::eek!: That inlcudes a Jet Transport Share ...:thumbsup::cool:

Air 22
08-24-2008, 08:17 PM
"Dwight is not going to wear his Flight Helmut ..instead he has agreed to dress up as Louisiana Drag Queen with Knickers & High Heels....he claims it will give him another few mph in whatever boat he gets to ride in... now this I gotta see. "

Helmut?:nilly::cool:

Hemut Towing....:smash::):thumbsup:

erikshube
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
What island is the picnic on? How much food do people usually bring?
I'm looking forward to my fist Donzi event!

Air 22
08-26-2008, 01:31 PM

Hi...The picinic is on Speaker Heck Island..right next to Long Island near the no-wake zone @ the South end of Long Island...see link to Chart..its island #6 on the chart.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/permits_ej_operations_pdf/lkgeorgeislands.pdf

Bring anything u want.. ur fav dish etc...maybe a bag or 2 of ice and ur fav Beverage...:drinkbeer:...its a great time with many fun folks a very laid back event...u will enjoy it.. we always look fwd to meeting new folks and fun in the boats... !!:wink::thumbsup:

Dr. Dan
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Erik - It's a BBQ so whatever ya like to throw on the Grill is cool, alot of people go crazy...others bring a stick of Gum and drool over everyone elses food...it's really pathetic!

In fact a few years ago - we found Cliff licking a picnic Table... :wink: but after he got the splinters and slivers removed - Matty gave him some Roast Beast.

You can also just show up like Dwight will... he'll scam some Lebanon Bologna and some of my Cigars and he'll be a happy camper.

Glad you are coming...make sure to introduce yourself...

Doc of Island Fever :angel:

mattyboy
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
nothing that a roadtrip to the foodking can't handle

Air 22
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM
nothing that a roadtrip to the foodking can't
handle

You said "Roadtrip" which is another name for...A Sad Ass that cant make it to LG with one of his/her 2 boats:eek!: and "Roost" us all...:nilly::nilly: Its as if the "Roost-er" is turning into a Hen....baaaawk....baaaawwkkk.:)... Now I will have to leave my Flt helmet @ home til maybe the Dust-Off in 09"...Wadda Shame... Wadda Shame:doh::doh::doh::doh::hangum:.......:)

undertaker
08-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Erik, if ya didn't make hotel reservations you might want to get on the stick...I screwed around way tooo long and could not get a room @ Capri Village (were I normally stay) did get one at Treasure Cove....but I think they might be getting slim there also....see ya there

Ed aka Undertaker:propeller:

roadtrip se
08-27-2008, 08:54 AM
You said "Roadtrip" which is another name for...A Sad Ass that cant make it to LG with one of his/her 2 boats:eek!: and "Roost" us all...:nilly::nilly: Its as if the "Roost-er" is turning into a Hen....baaaawk....baaaawwkkk.:)... Now I will have to leave my Flt helmet @ home til maybe the Dust-Off in 09"...Wadda Shame... Wadda Shame:doh::doh::doh::doh::hangum:.......:)

I bet the ole' cookout would benefit from a little Southwest and Texas spice courtesy of the Roadtrip, but yes Dwight is right, we are confined to the coop for the picnic. I would have a hell of a time getting a smoker and some hickory on the boat any way! Might have had to bring the new pride and joy to ferry it all out there... the tooner! That 5hp Johnson really makes her sing...

Have fun, okay! The mist will return in the spring.

mattyboy
08-27-2008, 06:14 PM
don't need the tooner if we can get a keg of the finest hops and barley auggie busch can brew 100lbs of charcoal and enough donzi paranfanalia to equal the GNP of some larger third world countries in pearson's pumpkin we can get a smoker in the old RTSE, and don't forget if you have those valve cover with the fins you don't need a smoker just run that sum beetch wot for an hour you''ll have the best grill marks around you haven't lived till you have an M/T steak or burger or a ford motor sport grilled chicken breast :tongue:
I don't know there might be just has much competion with the recipes as there is with the boats
think maybe will we have to have a themed cook off, where the theme of the boat and the recipe match
some blue monster blue tortillas
some barrellback baby back ribs
some 454 alarm chili
some clam shell vent steamers
we are bumming rides,food, and smokes :tongue:

erikshube
08-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Erik, if ya didn't make hotel reservations you might want to get on the stick...I screwed around way tooo long and could not get a room @ Capri Village (were I normally stay) did get one at Treasure Cove....but I think they might be getting slim there also....see ya there
Ed aka Undertaker:propeller:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be staying on the island w/ a couple friends.

erikshube
08-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Is anyone else camping? Were always looking for drinking buddies.

Dr. Dan
08-27-2008, 10:29 PM
:doh::alky::drinkbeer::screwy: Erik... we don't drink at this Event... its a Dry Event, any mention of Alcoholic Beverages or Hard Cider is striclty grounds for being kicked out of our secret club of Dry Donzi Druid Droids....yep I hate to spoil it for ya and the Island Patrols have been known to invade many a campground like a small innocent fart in a church pew! :tase:

We will however allow strategic liquid containment vessel evacuation :drinkbeer: In fact Matty has a specific challenge involving Foam & Beer, but its not what you think......maybe he or Boxy will show you?

So Eriks' drinking habits aside - Who else is coming to the Picnic...anyone talk to Kenny and Martha? Mario is obviously blowing us off.... how about Tom and Kim? Maybe we can get Stevey to come down...with the X-18? :thumbsup:

How about Woodsy and his Crew... or any of the Banditos? Sean Dolliver? Rick Perrault? Rick's Son - Son of a Rich, Culotta?, MOP, Mynx Guy, Tim Morris, any of these New York guys that never come to Lake George...I could never figure out? Any Michigan guys who are bored with life or with their wife... come on over... Ohio is kinda close too... what the heck...come to Speaker Hecht?
Next?

Doc of Rubles with Friends in Amsterdam :lame2:

mattyboy
08-28-2008, 07:50 AM

Eric,
just a a heads up speaker hecht island is a day island only the club rents the northern half and a gazebo and around 30-40 dock we have to be off the island by dusk the club charges 20-25 bucks for the event to cover the rental of the island they will also have some goodies available like clothes and memorabilia

not sure what island you mean to camp on??

some other musts

a few garbage bags we need to clean up after we leave ( treasure cove helps us there we shuttle the stuff back there)
ice
charcoal
a digital camera
fenders and dock lines
a good appetite
be ready for a great time
your favorite grilling and chillin item

we get out to the island around 10:30 get setup start the grills and then enjoy the day with the people and the boats

I believe I will be riding in all the boats I can, then cause I don't have to worry about putting 2000 pounds of cargo in my 16 and driving home I will be bent elbow all day, maybe I can see if I can get Pearson to "paint" some stripes :p

I got an email from the capt of the mohican he is looking for a donzi I told him to come by if he could not sure where we are gonna dock him though??

wonder if he'll let me take her for a spin

Capt Matt Sparow I like the sound of that ;) why is the rum always gone??

erikshube
08-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Eric,
just a a heads up speaker hecht island is a day island only the club rents the northern half and a gazebo and around 30-40 dock we have to be off the island by dusk the club charges 20-25 bucks for the event to cover the rental of the island they will also have some goodies available like clothes and memorabilia
not sure what island you mean to camp on??
some other musts
a few garbage bags we need to clean up after we leave ( treasure cove helps us there we shuttle the stuff back there)
ice
charcoal
a digital camera
fenders and dock lines
a good appetite
be ready for a great time
your favorite grilling and chillin item
we get out to the island around 10:30 get setup start the grills and then enjoy the day with the people and the boats
I believe I will be riding in all the boats I can, then cause I don't have to worry about putting 2000 pounds of cargo in my 16 and driving home I will be bent elbow all day, maybe I can see if I can get Pearson to "paint" some stripes :p
I got an email from the capt of the mohican he is looking for a donzi I told him to come by if he could not sure where we are gonna dock him though??
wonder if he'll let me take her for a spin
Capt Matt Sparow I like the sound of that ;) why is the rum always gone??

I should have said I'm staying on Turtle Island. But thanks again for the info. This sounds like it will be quite the gathering. My buddies and i are getting there on friday afternoon, so if anyone is looking for a couple of donzi's to run with look for us somewhere around turtle four. :boat:

mattyboy
08-28-2008, 04:41 PM
friday afternoon is usually pull in day buzz by the treasure cove and the capri village there's usually some one there by then

i don't have to worry about the ramp or the dock space though :(

erikshube
08-28-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm looking forward to the responses to this post.

One of my buddies owns a BAJA. Should i tell him to leave it at the island we are camping on for the picnic?

erikshube
08-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Dave H. will also be there with his St. Tropez

Some of my friends know how to buy boats.

slapshot11
08-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll be there on Saturday with Slapshot and it's new paint job. :eek!::eek!::eek!:

Dr. Dan
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
:smash: I will be at Capri Village Thursday a.m. feel free to stop by or flag me down ...my boat will be in the Boat House...

Tell your buddy to come...but the Donzis get Dock Space 1st on the Island...if he wants to raft off yours or whatever... I don't have a problem with it...

Pearson may have a different opinion... the Lake side is rougher...the inland No Wake side is much calmer but more Rocks to watch out for...so trim it up and keep an eye out. I have lots of Fenders..but I'm just sayin....:angel:

Norm I am psyched you are making it.... New Paint Huh? Wow...

Doc of Island Antics :doh:

slapshot11
08-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Doc,
After many attempts at compounding, polishing, waxing etc. the black stripe just never looked as good as it should. So, I bit the bullet and had it repainted. Just picked the boat up and it looks beautiful. Finally, it looks as good as it should. Can't wait to show it off.
Norm

roadtrip se
08-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I thought your boat looked great this spring Norm.

Keep raising the bar for all of us would ya?

slapshot11
08-29-2008, 07:27 PM
It would look better with a big old rooster tail.

Air 22
08-30-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Days.....:beer::drunk::alky::flash::hi5::thumbsup: :band:

mattyboy
09-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Dwight,
you know the difference in the climate in the fall it is better for speed than the spring in lk george the atomospheric conditions are more favorable for a great time

;)

jl1962
09-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Dunno Matty -

The only atmospheric condition this weekend might be :lightning:lightningHanna:lightning:lightning! Here's hoping otherwise but someone should bring several decks of cards - this Event might feature a different kind of Poker Run......I'm also good at Crazy 8's, Spit and Cribbage! Maybe we can track down a ping pong table....

See You There :crossfing:

Jay

Air 22
09-02-2008, 08:59 AM
"Dwight,
you know the difference in the climate in the fall it is better for speed than the spring in lk george the atomospheric conditions are more favorable for a great time"

Why yes Sir Matty!!!:yes::woot:

4 Days..:beer::drunk::alky::flash::hi5::thumbsup::ba nd:

Kirbyvv
09-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Extended forcast looks like it might be a bit wet. Might dampen those fall speed expectations.
Still looking forward to seeing everyone.

Air 22
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Extended forcast looks like it might be a bit wet. Might dampen those fall speed expectations.
Still looking forward to seeing everyone.

I'm going to steal Doc's signature for this.....

"Because Life's Is Better When You're WET":yes::boat::beer::fam:............no worries:)

Dr. Dan
09-02-2008, 05:27 PM
:smash: Well.... this year at Winnie it rained for a complete solid 2 straight days... earlier in the week, Wednesday and Thursday.... so to be honest I really don't care what it does...

Good Friends, Good Food and Beverages... how can ya top that? I will be up at Capri Village Thursday morning... Rain or Shine.

So if its wet...I will be doing random Donzi Things.... rain means less traffic on the Lake. So hmmm....

Leaving tomorrow from my Northern Pennsylvania Territory out of Allentown... should be North of Albany by 9:00pm.

Cya up there...

Doc of the Nics - Picnic That Is! :angel:

mattyboy
09-02-2008, 06:30 PM
we are stoked finally a weekend off !!!gonna be the whole family the only one missing is the boat so we are ready rain or shine to have a blast :yes:

Dr. Dan
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
we are stoked finally a weekend off !!!gonna be the whole family the only one missing is the boat so we are ready rain or shine to have a blast :yes:

:worthy::beer::spongebob:Matty we are psyched to see you all... make sure to come see me I have a little package for you & Marie. Lake George is just not the same without you both.... first I was wondering what it was this DustOff that was missing? :screwy:

Initially it felt kinda uncomfortable like that really Bad Gas ya get when ya ate something uncooked from a 3rd World Country, or some of Dwights Cooking. In this case it was both! :toilet: So I knew I was in trouble... then we all realized that it just wasn't Lake George with out you guys...:salute:

Looking forward to catching up...I'll dig something up for the Kids if they will be there as well... :lame2:

See Ya Soon...:thumbsup:

Doc of Random Intestinal Fortitude :doh:

undertaker
09-03-2008, 07:41 AM
I will be leaving Thursday early AM rain or shine, should hit Lake George by noon...see everyone there:nilly::nilly:....

Undertaker:pimp:

slapshot11
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Is there a time for the lake cruise on Sunday morning? Where is everyone meeting?

bob haver
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
yes slapshot we will take a cruise sunday and log bay the water is still pretty warm:wink:

mattyboy
09-04-2008, 05:55 AM
I guess every one is pulling in at different times, we plan on getting in around 3 or 4 pm on friday I owe Jamie a meal at fins and claws so we are heading to bolton landing when we get there then will be open for anything Pearson is picking up a new carriage for the pumpkin and from what i hear it will be like no other carriage on the planet we'll need ferry service to the island
of course unless we buy something up there ;)

Air 22
09-04-2008, 07:58 AM
1 Day..:beer::drunk::alky::flash::hi5::thumbsup::ban d: :fam:
Anyone know if the Cuban Cigar Rollers from "Just North of Cuba" are attending?:pimp: It would be nice actually to see them and their craft:):smash::nilly::nilly::wink:
Bravo One will be rendezvouing with Bravo Two @ 1520Z(That's 1120am for u non military clock readers) and the Bravo Boyz Flight will proceed North @ Mach.90 Deploying the Yellow AGM-65E Maverick Classic at approximatley 1700Z(1300 Local):cool

The AGM-65 Maverick is a tactical, air-to-surface guided missile designed for close air support, interdiction and defense suppression mission. It provides stand-off capability and high probability of strike against a wide range of tactical targets, including armor, air defenses, ships, transportation equipment and fuel storage facilities. Maverick was used during Operation Desert Storm.

The Maverick has a cylindrical body, and either a rounded glass nose for electro-optical imaging, or a zinc sulfide nose for imaging infrared. It has long-chord delta wings and tail control surfaces mounted close to the trailing edge of the wing of the aircraft using it. The warhead is in the missile's center section. A cone-shaped warhead, one of two types carried by the Maverick missile, is fired by a contact fuse in the nose. The other is a delayed-fuse penetrator, a heavyweight warhead that penetrates the target with its kinetic energy before firing. The latter is very effective against large, hard targets. The propulsion system for both types is a solid-rocket motor behind the warhead. :):)

5 Day Forecast 6-10 Day Extended Forecast
Updated 09-04-2008 06:50 AM Local Time at Lake George -
NY FRI
Partly Cloudy
Hi 86°
Lo 62°
SAT Showers:lightning:fire:
Hi 70°
Lo 59°
SUN AM Clouds/PM
Sun
Hi 70°
Lo 52°
MON
Mostly Sunny
Hi 73°
Lo 57°

Dr. Dan
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
:smash: Well as usual the best boating is before the Event....as Carl C knows because he is the resident authority on boating with absolutely "NO ONE!"

:doh:So Schui and I are here and all of you other Weenies - well to quote Culotta - Your Schtick Is WeaK!!!!

Dwight you need therapy or a really good Buff Job on your Lower Unit....:spongebob: What the heck is wrong with you man you sound like a Flight Control Stimulator (yes stimulator) on EXLAX! I can never figure out why you know how to tell time in Zulu Language and yet your Ears are not popinted like Spocks? :screwy:

So it leads me to believe that you underwear is too tight or not tight enough....any way we digress...

We had awesome running in flat water - great Sunset and it was a great night at the Algonklin....some girl named Donna said hi to all us Donzi Folks... I didn't know her, but she looked kinda familiar... she road off on a Harley with some folk I did not see...she said she would see us around... wonder what that means?:eek!:

There are 3 Donzis here.... and lots of serious Hardware for Car Buffs.... Friday promises to be another great day.

I saw Pearsons Trailer today.... it rocks .... of course. Mine is visiting the Trailer Gods....getting ready to add some support for the 900 EFI Package that Holden is building for the Trawler.

Oh well gotta run - some Bike Chix just pulled up out side and are screaming weird cries of Sodmistic Tendencies like a Buddha from the Bronx....

Haver I think she knows you?

Later...

Doc of Harley Related Spandex and Panheads :pimptwo:

Air 22
09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Doc....Just leave your truck unlocked...I know where the Cigars are kept!!:pimp::smash:....C u Friday afternoon:bighug::beer:

BTW..I adorn Boxer's....sorry....:biggrin.::cool:

boxy
09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Doc....Just leave your truck unlocked...I know where the Cigars are kept!!:pimp::smash:....C u Friday afternoon:bighug::beer:
BTW..I adorn Boxer's....sorry....:biggrin.::cool:
Unless the good Doctor found it, I tucked a fresh Cuban above his visor at the Dustoff. Might be a good place to look..... :D

slapshot11
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Doc,
I may only be able to make it up for the Lake Cruise on Sunday.:garfield: What time will that happen and where are people meeting?
Thanks
Norm

Dr. Dan
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Norm its all good. 10:30am @ Sagamore!

Kirbyvv
09-06-2008, 08:47 AM
9:45 a.m. hanna is here. Rain:garfield::garfield::garfield::confused::confu sed::confused:

jl1962
09-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Friday - Hot and sunny but breezy and 2'-4' chop. The 22's were out running hard but I got up to the Lake late and kept the 16 in. Great dinner at the Lakeside w/ Matty (and family) and Scott and Kim. Friday Highlight: Pearson's new trailer - it might even be nicer than the boat - really!

Saturday - A little wet - light drizzle most of the day but I got in an hour boat ride between the raindrops. AWESOME tailgate/cookout down by the Lake at TC. Tons of food and a little clearing and a rainbow just before sunset. Again the 22's were all over it while I was tasked w/ playing dominos w/ the young 'uns:bonk:. After sunset - even MORE food and Don N's jungle juice:nilly:Saturday highlight: Winston the six-toed kitten. (Note - some might have chosen the Jungle Juice but I stuck w/ beer - I know my limitations!)

Sunday was amaaaazing - crisp, clear, a little breezy in the AM but dropping steadily. Got in a 2 hr ride and was on the trailer by noon (too soon). Sunday highlight: Mr. Golden Sun!

All in all not as great as this year's Dust-off but still a great LG weekend w/ like-minded individuals. Thanks to Matty and Scott and Dan for all the hard work. Not sure who makes Fantastic Spray Cleaner - but buy the stock - Bob H uses it by the gallon - talk about clean!!!!

mattyboy
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM
First I would like to thank the club for the ambassador award it is an honor I don't take lightly. Second I would like to thank everyone for the best wishes and their help in my absence from the dustoff.
Third thanks to Dr Dan for his awesome goodies.
It was a great weekend rain or not and I have not laughed that hard in awhile
it was great to see all of you again
somethings that stand out
the anti intrusion alarm for Pearson's room no burgular can escape the sound of a case of empty beer cans hitting the floor at 6:30 in the morning
the bravo boys where do I start I dunno but I never thought about riding a cooler down to the ramp ;)
Don's jungle juice, anything that needs rum and vodka and 50 lbs of dry ice to freeze then be scraped into a glass and needs more vodka to setup is well not jungle juice but maybe some fluid Undertaker has floting around the shop :hangum: speaking of undertaker i thought might be a customer saturday morning green not just for St Patrick's day anymore
sitting in the rain eating great food like HP500 burgers with good friends is a great time even the weather spirits gave us a little sun so the 22's could give us a few fly by
the pumpkin hauler just incredible

Air 22
09-09-2008, 09:56 AM
:wink:Well it was a truley great time at the picnic rain or shine....from what I remember anyway..:alky::doh:
What does flash in and out of memory is...

1. A hot girl running @ you holding here arms open @ the Albany airport is a good thing!:cool:
2. Lake George is the Queen of American Lakes..no exceptions Rain or Shine..
3. Undertaker's cigar's are sweet!:pimp:
4. I cannot mix Doc's HP500 burgers with Don's Jungle Leathal Space Shuttle Fuel Juice...Geeeeeeezzzzus...That combo will kill yaz..:toilet:
5. Bonnie can drive a 22C in the rain @74mph...and then dock her perfect!! I witnessed it as her co-pilot first hand..:cool:
6. Its possible for Bravo Boyz to Drink 60 cans of Miller Lite and stack the empty's as an alarm in front of a hotel door...lol:smash::nilly::beer:
7. The hotel bathroom needs a window that opens..Geeeeeeeezus!:hangum::doh:
8. 3 22C's running 70+ in 2-3 foot'rs were run down by a 27 Fountain...and passed easily...damn that fast bastard:eek: I think Doc may of had em but it was dang rough for the 22's to keep up...:smash:
9. Bob Haver aka Bravo One is a great friend!:wink: A wing man for sure:cool: and true friend for life:wink:
10. The Treasure Cove Resort Rocks...new social pad and chairs by the docks really made the picnic rain or shine enjoyable. The 2009 Dust-Off will be one for the ages...:smash::cool::nilly:
11. Thanks to all that attended...the picnic was a blast..from what I recall...:wink: Doc will be writing a "book" on the event...stay tuned and don't plan on going anywhere for a while when u sit to read it...:smash::doh:

slapshot11
09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Bravo Boyz,
How sweet was the run on the northern end on the lake on Sunday afternoon? I'm just not sure that it gets any better than that. Plus, Scott came home via a "student driver". :propeller: