PDA

View Full Version : 1969 23ft Donzi

tinmanxx
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and came here looking for information about my boat. Its a 1969 23ft baby I think. I have yet to see one on this site or anyother for that matter that looks anything close. It has the original 325hp mercuruiser a 427bbc hooked to a 3 drive. I use it as an offshore fishing boat on the Washington coast. It has been modified in the interior to make it an awesome fishing machine. I was wandering if anyone has any info on this boat. I tried attaching a picture of it in the background its the only one I had at this time. 37651

chappy
08-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Possibly a 7 Meter? Here's an old photo of one.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell527.jpg

tinmanxx
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Its hull # is RD10. Its powered by A 427 Big Block Chevy. The three drive is known as a clubfoot. Its the only version that didn't use twin countershafts so it doesn't need the front nose piece hence the name clubfoot.

Barry Eller
08-04-2008, 07:15 AM
I would like to see those Halibut thrown at Pikes Fish Market!

Formula Jr
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Never noticed this before, but there appears to have been two deck molds for the 7 Meter.

There is an early deck mold which fits this '69.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell527.jpg

Note the line where the side windshield meets the deck.

Now look at a '72. You can see that they are different.

I guess that would make the '69 a "Classic 7 Meter."

:) :) :)

tinmanxx
08-04-2008, 06:10 PM
After searching for 7 Meters I found that 72 that FJ posted and it is very similar. The cuddy is identical small difference in the for deck area. Mine appears to have its original power and drive. It has been converted to fresh water cooling though a must for saltwater use. This is one awesome rough water boat. It has made many bar crossings in 20+ ft seas with breakers and always gets me home. Thanks for the replys now I can search for more info and find out more about the drive boat combo. I have owned the boat since 94 and it has helped me fill many a freezer with fish. Thanks Again, Mark.