PDA

View Full Version : The Ulimate Bbq Grill...bad Azz

Air 22
08-03-2008, 07:30 AM
:salute:Well the pic says it all...ya gotta have one of these....:cool::thumbsup:

BigGrizzly
08-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Looks like a HOME land security item:wink:

roadtrip se
08-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Real men cook with wood and I don't see a provison for a fire box, so it must be propane, or God forbid, charcoal fired.

The Oklahoma Joe has been billowing out carbon credits all weekend. Hickory-smoked, Bobby Flay special-rub delmonicos last night and four full racks of baby backs for the family poolside this afternoon, finishing up right now.

I love the weekends and the smell of smoke billowing through the leaves....

DON N.
08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
MAYBE IT FIRES A TURKEY OUT THE BARREL WHEN IT'S DONE .::nilly:

Air 22
08-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Real men cook with wood and I don't see a provison for a fire box, so it must be propane, or God forbid, charcoal fired.
The Oklahoma Joe has been billowing out carbon credits all weekend. Hickory-smoked, Bobby Flay special-rub delmonicos last night and four full racks of baby backs for the family poolside this afternoon, finishing up right now.
I love the weekends and the smell of smoke billowing through the leaves....

Bobby Flay is a BIG customer of mine:cool:....

roadtrip se
08-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Bobby Flay is a BIG customer of mine:cool:....
His stuff rocks especially the Mesa Grill recipes. We typically try them as written and then start altering them to our tastes. Big time emphasis on southwest spice with a twist and fresh ingredients. Awesome grill food.

If we sent you his latest cookbook, do you think he would sign it for us? Must be nice to make a living doing something so cool...

BigGrizzly
08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I almost envy you guys who can cook. However I actually prefer to do it my way, that is show up at an event and enjoy the food and people and eat at the cookouts and talk with all my friends. It doesn't get any better then that. The Donzi events have been my high points for many years.

Air 22
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
If we sent you his latest cookbook, do you think he would sign it for us? Must be nice to make a living doing something so cool...

Lemme see what I can do...:smash: :crossfing:

roadtrip se
08-04-2008, 11:24 AM
I almost envy you guys who can cook. However I actually prefer to do it my way, that is show up at an event and enjoy the food and people and eat at the cookouts and talk with all my friends. It doesn't get any better then that. The Donzi events have been my high points for many years.

Griz, you got it right...and thanks for the reminder

Heck, this year at AOTH, Jefe was a virtual rockstar with his Cajun majesty out on the front lawn and in the kitchen. I never expected 80-100 people to actually all showup and hungry! Took some heat off of me and the Pitmaster, aka Farmer Tex, as we tried to get the side of beef ready for Saturday night.

Of course, when you have such masters in the house, you realize you must continue to develop your game. Hence our cribbing a little from the southwestern master chef, Mr. Bobby Flay. Tough job, but somebody has got to do it.

Dwight, you are the man...

Team Jefe
08-04-2008, 06:30 PM
That is pretty cool...I never built one like that, and its been WAY too many years since I have done one at all....that is some Artistry for sure, especially if it cooks as well as it looks.

My favorite part are the offroad tires...you never know when you are going to have to take the pit "Muddin'"....good planning:wink:.

"Virtual"???? Heck I AM a Rockstar..in my own mind. I'm just glad everyone liked the food....Of course Grizz pegged it (as usual). The best part about my cooking is that I did it and YOU didn't have too....that always makes food better.

BigGrizzly
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Jeff, I know my limitations. As you remember I watched you and asked questions between the slices. It is artistry in motion. The more you prepared the more relaxed you got, that is obviously therapy for you.

Air 22
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Heidi is going to want one too :) :)

Made the call...Jill and Heidi will be taken care of:cool:

Send me the books...Todd i'm pm'ing u my address...Scott coordinate with Todd...when I have both books I can grant your requests...:cool:

Team Jefe
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
thanks Randy, I guess it is theraputic in a way...I know I really like doing it.