PDA

View Full Version : dive call

smokediver
08-01-2008, 07:19 AM
We had a car go into a golf course lake a few weeks back ... this particular hole on the golf course is dangerous ! A few years back a guy was driving down the road and had a stroke .. his truck went off the road , down the fairway , and ran over a lady while she was putting ... tragically she died as did the driver ...this little lake was about 30 feet deep and was the worst visibility i think i have ever dove ... the driver was actually saved by a few groundkeepers who saw the car go in ... I went in and did a secondary search to ensure all occupants were out and waited around for the tow truck to "wrap the axle" to get the vehicle out ... no one was hurt ... that is a cool thing !

BlownCrewCab
08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Sounds Like they need another SandTrap in front of the Water Hazzard to stop the vehicles from making it to the water.

f_inscreenname
08-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Sounds Like they need another SandTrap in front of the Water Hazzard to stop the vehicles from making it to the water.

Or maybe a guard rail on the side of the road.:doh:

boxy
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
A long, long, long time ago I used to finance winter dive trips to Florida by harvesting golf balls at a local club. We would lay 2 pieces of 1/4 inch line across the pond 4 feet apart. We overweighted so we'd sink, then drag ourselves along the bottom, feeling for golf balls. You needed a flashlight to see your gauges against your mask :eek!::eek!:

3 ponds, once per month. Each visit was usually enough to pay for a day on the Get Down out of Deerfield Beach. :D

smokediver
08-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Some of us guys years ago would golf ball hunt on our off days .... Gators add a exciting element here !:anchor: