PDA

View Full Version : 29' Fountain

onesubdrvr
07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Was around Lake Okechobee today and ran across this.

it's for sale, on picture shows the phone number if anyone is interested, I suspect 561 or 863 for the area code.

Anyway, The floor has been removed and replaced with something that looks like permadeck, so it needs to be redecked, and the cuddy looks like it needs to be rebuilt, but hull and transom appears solid. Hull does need some work, lettering was removed (vinyl), and you can see where it was removed. Maybe just a west sand / polish, or may need painted.

My question though, is why re-power THIS boat with outboards? Just seems to me that you'd be better off with a pair of 750s or something.

Anyway,.....

Wayne

The Hedgehog
07-30-2008, 05:41 PM
A pair of 750's?

onesubdrvr
07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
A pair of 750's?

Hmm, perhaps you're right, a little too much, maybe a single 850 like what you've got in yours :yes::wink:

My biggest point is that I don't think I would have changed to outboards, IMO, outboards are great for pontoons, fish boats, river racers, but I don't care for them on powerboats like this.

Wayne

justleft
07-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Whats with all of the I-bolts on the trailer ?

Jraysray
07-30-2008, 07:31 PM

For serious tarp management! :eek!: :eek!:

onesubdrvr
07-30-2008, 07:40 PM

There is some kind of Ford vs Chevy towing joke here, just can't think of it :wink::popcorn::tongue:

Where's Chromie when you need him? :D

Wayne

The Hedgehog
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Hmm, perhaps you're right, a little too much, maybe a single 850 like what you've got in yours :yes::wink:

My biggest point is that I don't think I would have changed to outboards, IMO, outboards are great for pontoons, fish boats, river racers, but I don't care for them on powerboats like this.

Wayne

I am kind of an inboard guy myself. I guess that I would have a different opinion of eggbeaters if I lived in the salt.

Last Real Texan
07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Love the Lattice work in the gunnels.....makes it at least 10 MPH faster

Ghost
07-31-2008, 11:03 AM
The floor has been removed and replaced with something that looks like permadeck...
Wayne

Love the Lattice work in the gunnels...

I guess they wanted, like, a backyard patio Fountain. (Did I say that? I must have no inner monologue. Please, somebody shoot me.)

The Hedgehog
07-31-2008, 05:35 PM
I guess they wanted, like, a backyard patio Fountain. (Did I say that? I must have no inner monologue. Please, somebody shoot me.)

That is #$%#ing funny!

Ok, I am back to liking the 750's:hangum:

justleft
07-31-2008, 07:13 PM
For serious tarp management! :eek!: :eek!:

Oh, I was hoping for X-mas parade lights !!!

But if you need that much tarp control this beast is fast even on the trailer !!!

onesubdrvr
08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Just as an FYI,

When I was by this boat again 3 days ago, the price was down to $6500.00

Wayne

roadtrip se
08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
THAT is worthy of being described as a flower pot, I mean seriously, really.

The Hedgehog
08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
THAT is worthy of being described as a flower pot, I mean seriously, really.

Aw come on SE, put in a couple of Scorps and cut out the bow. Don't sell this idea short. Take a little of the salt water and let the mind go!