PDA

View Full Version : Best Complaint of the Year

justleft
07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
We operate 70+ swimming pools. Most condos or neighborhoods.

I get a call from a woman w/ a very strong NY accent.

She says we are the worse pool company ever.
"The pool hasn't been cleaned in 3 months and is filthy."
"I won't let my children swim in it anymore!"
Blah, blah, blah, blah !!!!

I was just at that pool to check that everything was ready for health department inspection and the pool passed inspection.
My operator at that location is anal about his pools.

So I ask her is the bottom dirty ? She says, "No, this guy sticks a pole w/ a hose attached in the pool and sucks the dirt out."
I ask is the water cloudy ? She says it's clear. I ask if the water smells, she say no.
So I ask her why she thinks the pool is filthy ?

She says, "I have lived here for 3 months now and not once has the pool been drained and refilled with clean water."

After I stopped laughing ! I tried to explain: 37,000 gals... 1 week to drain, fill, balance chems..... several $,$$$.... advanced filtration....
chems checked daily.... Health department.... cleaner then your tap water... chlorine for sanitation.....

She yells back, "Chlorine, I won't let my children swim in CHLORINE !! We will just swim in the lake !!!!!!! "I'm calling the Health Department"!!!!!

The local YMCA beach was just closed for high bacteria levels. Don't swim in the shallow water !
Oh yea, when the kids get ear aches and rashes she'll blame the pool ! :doh:

glashole
07-30-2008, 02:32 PM
I sell vinyl windows

I went out to a potential customer's house and measured for new windows to give them an estimate

I gave them the written estimate with approximate window sizes on it and didn't hear from them for about 4 weeks:)

He calls up furious because he took my sizes on the quote and went to Home Depot and ordered them because he got their 10% discount off any written quote :doh:

anyways you can hear his wife in the background screaming that we owe them x amount of dollars because the windows we measured didn't fit and we should be coming good for them etc,

good times

we all had a good laugh about it

justleft
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
That's great !!

Ya know they ripped the old ones out before they realized the new didn't fit !! :nilly:

McGary911
07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I sell vinyl windows

I went out to a potential customer's house and measured for new windows to give them an estimate

I gave them the written estimate with approximate window sizes on it and didn't hear from them for about 4 weeks:)

He calls up furious because he took my sizes on the quote and went to Home Depot and ordered them because he got their 10% discount off any written quote :doh:

anyways you can hear his wife in the background screaming that we owe them x amount of dollars because the windows we measured didn't fit and we should be coming good for them etc,

good times

That's a great trick. Guess someone only has to pull this trick on you once until you employ your approximate policy, huh?

Oh, and JustLeft........maybe you should have asked the lady how often they change the water in the lake? :bonk:

Rootsy
07-31-2008, 07:17 AM
That's a great trick. Guess someone only has to pull this trick on you once until you employ your approximate policy, huh?

Oh, and JustLeft........maybe you should have asked the lady how often they change the water in the lake? :bonk:

Or let her know that the city most likely uses chlorine to help "clean up" her drinking water...

Ghost
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
I sell vinyl windows

This is absolutely freakin' priceless.

ITTLFLI
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Great stuff!!:)

BUIZILLA
07-31-2008, 12:49 PM
yesterday we delivered a BIG $$$$ injection pump to a truck DEALER customer...

today he call's bitching because it wouldn't start, and they have worked on it for 3 hours already

must be the pump

has to be

I asked, did you connect the MAIN power harness???

he say's nope, didn't know we had to,,

they have been making this style pump since 1992 I said....

oh... :doh:

last week we delivered a turbo to another airhead, he call's Monday morning screaming that it pumped his intercooler full of oil....

I asked him if he removed the shipping caplug from the oil drain line in the bearing housing before installing the drain tube

nope.... he actually glued the gasket on TOP on the caplug

here's your sign

cutwater
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
he actually glued the gasket on TOP on the caplug

here's your sign

That is hilarious!

Keep these stories coming, as long as they don't involve the stupid things I've done in my lifetime!! Haha :propeller:

dclassic
07-31-2008, 11:12 PM
PRICELESS!!!:propeller:

The window one is great!
When will these people realize that karma can be a real bitch?

Cuda
08-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Marble, which is cut out of natural stone, never matches each piece exactlyl.

They had a cartoon taped to the wall with a woman inside screaming that her marble didn't match, and she wanted to speak to whoever made it.:rolleyes:

Donzi Racer
08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
That is hilarious!

Keep these stories coming, as long as they don't involve the stupid things I've done in my lifetime!! Haha :propeller:

We were at an antique show and spent 1/2 a day showing mission or Arts & Crafts furniture to a couple that just moved in from California. We were in Atlanta and spent so much time with them since these people loved mission furniture and wanted to fill their new house with it. After looking in Auction catalogs we had in the booth and marking up some things they were looking for, they said they would be back the next day to get some of the items we had talked about. Never saw them again. A few months later I happen to go to the same Antique auction in Massachusetts that the catalogs were from. The bookkeeper, which was a friend said she wanted to introduce me to some people that had flown up from atlanta and were looking for someone to take back some stuff for them after they bought at the auction. When she found the people at the preview, yep you guessed it, it was the couple from California. I smiled and they were a little sheepish to say the least. Well let us just say they sure did pay top dollar for lots of the items they bought that day and afterwards when they asked me how much I wanted to bring their stuff to Atlanta, I had to tell them, I just did not have enough room left on the truck, they would have to look for someone else. They snootily wanted to know how I liked the Stickley bookcase they purchased for $5500 plus the 15% buyers premium? I told them I loved it, even a little more than I did when they looked at it in my booth in Atlanta and I priced it to them for $3400, no buyers premium, and of course free delivery to their house. You see I had consigned the bookcase along with other items they were looking at to this same furniture auction and it was my bookcase and so were a few more of the items they bought that day. They just paid around 50% more than they would have in Atlanta. You should have seen their faces when I thanked them for the business & turned and walked away. I got a million of these type stories. Some of the guys in our business are always comparing notes on ridiculous customers. It can be a hoot. Karma can be a BITCH! :tongue: Tell them the RACER says Hey!:cool:

apollo24
12-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I sell vinyl windows

good times

How did I miss this? These stories are hilarious!

Schaf
06-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Now this is some funny stuff!!

SilverBack
06-12-2009, 05:07 PM
All of these are great guys!!