PDA

View Full Version : Mens' Health Info

harbormaster
07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
About a year and a half ago after talking to some friends, and I went to my family doctor and had my testosterone level checked. It was low as is most guys 46+ in age.

I was able to get a prescription for Androgel which is used for testoterone replacement. This stuff is amazing. As we get older our "T" level goes down. T is what makes us guys; lean muscle mass, libido, Bone density, and sense of well being. My doc treats some of his male patients with mild depression with testosterone! Women have been doing hormone replacement for years.

For me it helped me lose close to 100lbs and go from a 46 waist to 36 waist pants. I can workout everyday at the gym with little or no muscle soreness. I have loads more energy and able to stay focused more on my projects. I cannot recommend it more adamantly!

The only caviat to this is you need to make sure you have your PSA level checked regularly. This is an indicator for prostrate cancer. If you have prostrate cancer, the testoserone can feed the cancer and accellerate its growth. Prostrate cancer is usually one of the slowest growing cancers.

After I was on Androgel for 6 months, I had routine bloodwork done. My PSA came back as a 7. Not good. I was taken off the testosterone and was referred to a Urologist who was talking cancer, and biopsy. After doing some research on my own I suggested to the doctor that he put me on a regimen of a strong antibiotic. My PSA went down to 4.6 after the antibiotics. The doc was still talking cancer, and biopsy. I suggested to the doctor that he put me on another regimen of a strong antibiotic. After the second regimen my PSA went down to 3.2 after the antibiotics. I waited a couple more months and it dropped to 2.0. Amazingly the doc was still talking cancer, and biopsy. I sought second opinions and the other doctors were amazed the the urologist was still trying to put me through a byopsy for what appeared to be a simple case of infection. My regular doctor sent me to a endocrinologist who has me back on the testosterone and and tests my "T" Level and PSA every 3 months. Everything is good so far.

The points I want to make are:
1) Androgel rocks. I recommend it highly.
2) Always get 2 more opinions.
3) Did I mention that Androgel Rocks?

zelatore
07-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Interesting timing. I'm visiting a doctor for the first 'non-emergancy' in probably 12-15 years next week.

Marlin275
07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Its good you didn't cut the liner
but went for the full body restore
you got all the great advice from the experts
and foamed it in
all with no windshield

good news Scot !

BigGrizzly
07-30-2008, 11:55 AM
good information Scott, now with all that energy WE ALL expect to see you and your boat at the Owners Rally in Fort Walton.:)

Ed Donnelly
07-31-2008, 06:43 AM
Looks like your Urologist needs a new car,boat,pool,facelift for wife(mistress)
Take your pick. No money in examinations. Good money to slice and dice...Ed

smokediver
08-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Have you ever taken tribulus ? it is a herb that stimulates test. you forgot to mention it can cause hair loss and acne ... good for you and glad to hear you are doing well !!!

florida gator
08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I wonder if keeping fit keeps the t levels up? I always feel better when I am working out regularly.