PDA

View Full Version : New 22C SEATS Being Made

Air 22
07-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Anyone looking to replace their seats..I have a guy here in Raleigh that does awsome work. He took my old seat to copy and it turned out great..:thumbsup: The material grain is an exact match to the OEM grain.
More pic's to come but here is a sample of the work...

jvcobra
07-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Looks nice, I would love some new seats. What is the cost?

VetteLT193
07-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Looks Great!!

I also just had my interior done (in South Florida). He can do whatever material, I wanted to update the look so I went with carbon fiber pearl white. I didn't check to see if he had original looking stuff because I wanted to update a bit. He is not as perfect as the original, but it is darn good... so, for anyone that needs new interior and doesn't mind slight differences it is a good choice. I paid $900 for the whole interior, and that included $100 upgrade on the fabric.

I also asked about the shelby style interior. I was going back and forth on updating my boat to the Shelby look. He said the price was the same, it's less labor because he didn't have to do all the cutting and sewing for the pleat, but more material because of the foam build up.

In the end I decided on the classic / modern blend instead of the full modern look.

VetteLT193
07-30-2008, 02:38 PM
here's the back... it's sitting on a sofa for the picture which explains the sag :propeller:

Air 22
07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Looks nice, I would love some new seats. What is the cost?

I will get back to ya on the price as soon as he is finished...
You will need to ship him the old seat covers...remove the foam etc...
The Bucket seats will have to be shipped as they need to be re-covered for a perfect fit. You can place the other covers in one box with a bucket seat to save a little on shipping. Fed-Ex Ground is pretty reasonable and you are able to track the shippment etc. The company is here in Raleigh, NC.

They look identical to the Original Seats...So far im very happy with the work he has done. :cool:

Air 22
07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
here's the back... it's sitting on a sofa for the picture which explains the sag :propeller:

Those look nice...the carbon pearl grain is kool...

VetteLT193
07-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Those look nice...the carbon pearl grain is kool...

Thanks... it is nice that we are finding people to do this kind of work in general now that Bilt Rite is gone.:doh:

yeller
07-31-2008, 12:09 AM
I also asked about the shelby style interior. I was going back and forth on updating my boat to the Shelby look. He said the price was the same, it's less labor because he didn't have to do all the cutting and sewing for the pleat, but more material because of the foam build up.How could the $ be the same? You'd need all new buckets for the front.

If you already had a shelby interior, I'd think it'd be less as they are easier to do than the classic style.

I do like your carbon fiber look.:cool!:

gcarter
07-31-2008, 06:26 AM
How could the $ be the same? You'd need all new buckets for the front.
If you already had a shelby interior, I'd think it'd be less as they are easier to do than the classic style.
He was probably thinking of the rear seat...it is a lot simpler, but I like the look.

BUIZILLA
07-31-2008, 06:53 AM
I really like that carbon fiber pearl white

I would like to maybe get the critter done.... PM me a phone number

VetteLT193
07-31-2008, 07:13 AM
How could the $ be the same? You'd need all new buckets for the front.

We didn't get that far into it with the guy, as gcarter said the rear seat isn't an issue. not sure if he planned on just attaching something to the original buckets on the top or otherwise. After I went with the resto-mod look I didn't think much of it.

I PM'ed Buiz but for everyone else: The guy's name is Obed, 305-245-5910. I can't remember the name of his shop, but he's in homestead.

He's seems like a pretty honest guy. The back seat is entirely new, foam and all. I was actually missing a front seat cushion so that was made from scratch based on the other cushion. Both Seat bottoms were replaced. The foam in the one seat bottom I had was still in great condition so he re-used it... it blew me away it was still good but he said it was a waste to not use it. He could have charged me extra (I agreed to $100 extra per seat bottom if they needed it) but he did not.

jvcobra
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
I will get back to ya on the price as soon as he is finished...
You will need to ship him the old seat covers...remove the foam etc...
The Bucket seats will have to be shipped as they need to be re-covered for a perfect fit. You can place the other covers in one box with a bucket seat to save a little on shipping. Fed-Ex Ground is pretty reasonable and you are able to track the shippment etc. The company is here in Raleigh, NC.

They look identical to the Original Seats...So far im very happy with the work he has done. :cool:

Sounds good, let us know the price when it's all done. I wouldn't get it done until October or so when the boat gets put away for the winter.

Air 22
07-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Sounds good, let us know the price when it's all done. I wouldn't get it done until October or so when the boat gets put away for the winter.

JV...No Prob..will do..:wink:

Air 22
08-23-2008, 11:53 PM
New Seats All Done...Came out Great:thumbsup:...new swivel/slider's went on the front bolster's...man what a nice change!:cool: They are Sprinfield brackets same company as what came on the boat but with a swivel now:smash::wink::cool:
No holes to drill..everything bolted right up..easy job!:smash::crossfing::cool:
The access holes in the fiberglass mounts were already made by the factory...lucky me...:wink:

Dr. Dan
08-24-2008, 07:12 AM
:smash: Looks great... I think the new brackets w the Swivel are a definite consideration next time around...I have the exact same bracket model without the swivel base.

I suppose those round access panels are cheating when it comes to tightening the bolts, I don't have those...yet.

My only suggestion to others if ya run hard or are tired of looking for your backseat cushions is to get the seat back as one peice. We did that with Bilt Rite and I added the Center Stripe....

The back seat never comes lose anymore...heck it barely unsnaps itself in rough waves...

Looks real good Dwight.... now if you could only run it up to Lake George we could all see it in a few weeks...:wink:

Doc of Seat of the Pants Foder :doh:

Air 22
08-24-2008, 08:26 AM
:smash: Looks great... I think the new brackets w the Swivel are a definite consideration next time around...I have the exact same bracket model without the swivel base.
I suppose those round access panels are cheating when it comes to tightening the bolts, I don't have those...yet.
My only suggestion to others if ya run hard or are tired of looking for your backseat cushions is to get the seat back as one peice. We did that with Bilt Rite and I added the Center Stripe....
The back seat never comes lose anymore...heck it barely unsnaps itself in rough waves...
Looks real good Dwight.... now if you could only run it up to Lake George we could all see it in a few weeks...:wink:
Doc of Seat of the Pants Foder :doh:

Thanks Doc...I found when installing the rear seats the new snaps were much tighter in fit not so loose as before. I like your single piece wrap around seat but went with the OEM style. All 3 rear pieces fit snug and snap into place much better than the original 13yr old seats did. I have to "Run" her now and put the new fit to the test..:smash:

jvcobra
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Looks great! Are you doing anthing with your old sliders? I could use one.

Joe

Conquistador_del_mar
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM
:smash:

:doh:

Funny you would mention making the back seat one piece. That is what I plan to do with my 1971 18'. And I thought I was the only one who liked the modification - lol. Bill

Air 22
08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Looks great! Are you doing anthing with your old sliders? I could use one.

Joe

Joe...The old sliders were broken..cracked...the base plate or piece that bolts to the seats are ok and the track upon which the slider's move is ok but u need the part that has the adjustment lever/slider from Springfield. Lemme know...it might be easier to buy them new? U can have them either way.

What i have is just the 13Lx7w base plate (2) of them..they attach to the underside of your seats....u will need the swivel and or slider bracket to complete the install.:smash::wink:

jvcobra
08-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Joe...The old sliders were broken..cracked...the base plate or piece that bolts to the seats are ok and the track upon which the slider's move is ok but u need the part that has the adjustment lever/slider from Springfield. Lemme know...it might be easier to buy them new? U can have them either way.

What i have is just the 13Lx7w base plate (2) of them..they attach to the underside of your seats....u will need the swivel and or slider bracket to complete the install.:smash::wink:

Thank you but I think I'll purchase some new ones if these are cracked. I just thought you wanted to go with swivels instead.

Thanks again.

Air 22
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Thank you but I think I'll purchase some new ones if these are cracked. I just thought you wanted to go with swivels instead.

Thanks again.

Joe...Only the slider is cracked and I tossed them already...The base plates that bolt to seats are fine...u need to get the part that bolts to the boat... whether it be a slider or swivel or the combo slider swivel I just installed new..:smash:

mike o
08-25-2008, 07:26 PM
[quote=Air 22;463217]Thanks Doc...I found when installing the rear seats the new snaps were much tighter in fit not so loose as before. I like your single piece wrap around seat but went with the OEM style. All 3 rear pieces fit snug and snap into place much better than the original 13yr old seats did. I have to "Run" her now and put the new fit to the test..:smash:..
.... I lost a rear cushion on winni 3 weeks ago. took 2 hrs, but I found it :wink:. Gone to the velcro insurance policy. got lucky. :crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:

Air 22
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
[quote=Air 22;463217]Thanks Doc...I found when installing the rear seats the new snaps were much tighter in fit not so loose as before. I like your single piece wrap around seat but went with the OEM style. All 3 rear pieces fit snug and snap into place much better than the original 13yr old seats did. I have to "Run" her now and put the new fit to the test..:smash:..
.... I lost a rear cushion on winni 3 weeks ago. took 2 hrs, but I found it :wink:. Gone to the velcro insurance policy. got lucky. :crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:

Mike..think twice about velcro:smash:...I did that and it made a huge mess on the seats and inside the boat. The glue from the velcro begins to slip and get on everything....I thought it(velcro) would help and it does but at a messy cost IMO...If you can have new snaps put on and maybe put in new foam in the inside the seats to make a "tighter" fit you may find they stay in place better....You could have the velcro sewn onto the back and underside of seats...that may work better...and use a couple of small stainless flat-head screws to hold the opposite velco piece onto the boat. Just using the velcro adhesive will make a mess..trust me:doh::hangum:

Good Luck either way:cool::):)

mike o
08-25-2008, 08:39 PM
I put a few drops of west systems epoxy on the velcro adhesive side and on the cushions backing material... with a plastic barrier on the inside.. so the epoxy wouldnt stick to the foam. Been rippennnn it up , snaps seam to stay snapped now....Better take a peek... I lost it twice that day, second time was a drag, Thanks

Greg Guimond
08-29-2008, 07:40 AM
"Air 22" - what is the name and phone number for the gentleman that did your interior? It looks great!

Air 22
08-29-2008, 08:23 AM
"Air 22" - what is the name and phone number for the gentleman that did your interior? It looks great!

Hi...contact Antonio at Best Custom Upholstery @ 919-878-6591.
He does great work..just give him plenty of time. They are located here in Raleigh, NC. Let him know what u want done and that I sent you to him..(Reference Boat Seats)
Just completed...:) good luck...Dwight