PDA

View Full Version : 18 LE, NEW idling problem. 350 MAG (carb)

Lenny
07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
So, new oil, all fixed, only "quirk" is it now has about 10 pounds MORE oil pressure than it had. New oil and a filter tho and all new filter and remote sealing gaskets. (new version, taller and more compressable) 15-40 Pennzoil, ANYWAYS :rolleyes:

When at an idle, neutral position it cuts out to four cylinders or so. The SECOND you touch the throttle it is all 8 again. Instantly. Otherwise, it runs exactly where it did, same speed, same RPM's :D ... only better pressures.

Buiz said it was probably the Interupter switch. The only thing that has changed, other than the oil and stuff/apparatus, was me crawling into the bilge a few times from starboard, a huge ordeal with manifolds on, and I wonder, did the minute "pressure" of my beer gut change the angle of the dangle? (the shift interupter)

Your thoughts?

Seriously, the second I touch the throttle it is all eight cylinders again. I mean an increase of 100 RPM's or less.

???

Thanx :)

osur866
07-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Maybe its that new fuel saving feature at idle. :biggrin: Steve

mrfixxall
07-28-2008, 10:29 PM
check all the wire harness connectors for oil,clean and reassemble..
also check and clean the sparkplug boots on the side the oil leak was,could be resisting the current to the plugs..

Trueser
07-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Lenny,
I would think that it won't run that long if you bent or messed up the switch. When the boat is on the water you can try to hit the switch and see i it changes. You may have to check all your wires and make sure all is connected.

The cable may be bent on the shift side down to the drive.

Very tricky on my old 22 and the 29.

BUIZILLA
07-29-2008, 08:58 AM
geez...

drama, drama, drama... :nilly: :doh: :angel:

connect the two wires at the interrupter, and if it goes away just adjust it or lube it, just like I told you 2 days ago....

geez...

drama, drama, drama

:pimp: