PDA

View Full Version : West Coast gathering?

zelatore
07-28-2008, 03:17 PM
I know there are a few other guys on this board from the west coast. Any of you want to try to get together later this summer or fall?

I'm in NorCal - on the delta (Sacramento/Stocton area), so that's an easy location for me but I'd also consider some of the NorCal lakes. I haven't run any of them myself, so I'd be a bit in the dark but I'm up for it.

I know we have at least one or two other members here in the delta, one or two at Tahoe, one in San Francisco, and a couple who have boats on the lakes. I'm not looking for anything formal here, just pick a time and place and get a few boats toghether to run for a weekend.

Anybody interested?

yeller
07-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Looks like you're getting the same type of response I got when I tried a NW event. Getting to be more and more Donzis out west, but still not any easier to hook up with anyone. :(

zelatore
07-29-2008, 10:35 AM
I think it must be because out here in the west we all view ourselves as rugged individualists. :wink:

FWIW, I'm not against coming further north toward you and Lenny if we could get a few people together. I've had an urge to take the boat up to Portland some day and run the Columbia Gorge for example.

And I'll be up in the San Juans and Gulf Islands early next year, but not with the Donzi. We’ll be chartering a trawler for a little cruising.

Uncle Fester
07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
We had a real good get together at Chelan a few years back but then nothing. I always thought Bremerton would be a good spot, but nobody ever showed any interest.

Here is my suggestion....

Next year on July 25th, there will be the annual show and shine. All boats are welcome. (there were only two of us Donzi's this last weekend in attendence.. last year there were about 5). Now you know about it and can plan for it. Lets get as many Donzi's to show as we can and take over a whole area of the marina and call it the NW Donzi gathering along with the show and shine from www.nwoffshore.com (http://www.nwoffshore.com)

Fester

b.guggenmos
07-29-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't think anyone tried to start anything in the Northwest after the last Chelan trip. Chelan is great but there is a lot of water on this side of the mountains.

I talked to the guy that has my old Testarossa and he goes down to the Columbia somewhere and said it is great boating.

Puget Sound is good if nobody minds the salt.

Anyone know if Eric or MXroadster is still around?

Brian

zelatore
07-30-2008, 09:58 AM
So, looks like the NW contengent is coming out of the woodwork. That's a little further away than I had planned on for this year, and it would be difficult for me to organize anything since I don't really know the area but I may be able to make it up that way. Portland is about 8 hours and I'd guess 10 for Seattle. Still, it's closer than Powell was in June.

Any ideas or dates? I know my calender is pretty full but it's worth taking a look at.

Obviously, I vote for whatever venue is furthest south. :tongue:

yeller
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't think anyone tried to start anything in the Northwest after the last Chelan trip.

Anyone know if Eric or MXroadster is still around?
BrianI tried to get something together (although not at Chelan), but didn't get much interest. I have seen Eric on this site on rare occasions, but haven't seen MXroadster post in a couple years.

Uncle Fester
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Who's coming to Harrison next weekend for the poker run? I'm gonna get married on Friday 8-8-08 up there too.....

zelatore
07-30-2008, 03:38 PM
So where are the rest of the California contengent?

98shovel
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
keep mine at crecent bar on the columbia river lots of river to play on
lake washington also is nice boating
dont know much about oregon lakes
could help set things up at cb stay their all summer camp ground ,rv park launches and small marina,store ,bar u get the picture and 2 golf courses

yeller
07-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Who's coming to Harrison next weekend for the poker run? I'm gonna get married on Friday 8-8-08 up there too.....The wife has barred me from that run. Went in it last year and then took the wife to the 'after run' lunch and then the dinner. Too much T&A.

Anyway, congrats on the marriage Fester. Wish I could run with you at Harrison. I loved the poker run part, but lost all tab control half way through last year and couldn't finish.

b.guggenmos
08-01-2008, 09:00 PM
keep mine at crecent bar on the columbia river lots of river to play on
lake washington also is nice boating
dont know much about oregon lakes
could help set things up at cb stay their all summer camp ground ,rv park launches and small marina,store ,bar u get the picture and 2 golf courses

Did you ever get any prints made from your Ebay purchase of that poster? I would like one and I know of another that would like one also.

How is the boat this year?

It would be nice for a NW gathering to happen somewhere.

Brian Guggenmos

Donzi5150
08-02-2008, 08:26 PM
We are moving to Stockton from Fresno next month and would like to meet other Donzi boaters.......I should be available the end of next month.....just say when!

zelatore
08-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Stockton??? Heck, I ran up there last weekend. That's an easy trip for me. I live in Walnut Grove on the Sacramento and usually launch at Hogback Island.

I've seen a few other Classics around the delta, but not a lot.

Let's keep in touch for later in the month. I've got a lot of stuff coming up but I can usually get away for the weekend. Next weekend I'm at Thunder Hill with the BMW club, then I've got a new 50 Marquis we're shipping to Pebble Beach to show, then a new 72 scheduled to arrive on it's heels that we're going to try (ha!) to assemble in time for a company cruise to Petaluma over Labor day weekend, then we go straight into the Jack London show with about 8 boats.... Oh, and I still have to do my 'normal' job and take care of the clients' boats.

Yup, it's going to get busy in Aug/Sept. Come to think of it, that sounds like all the more reason to take the 22 out on the river! :propeller:

MXRoadster
08-16-2008, 04:57 AM
I guess its been awhile since I've posted, but I do come around once in a while to see whats happening. If any one is near Coeur D'Alene lake during labor day weekend let me know because I'll be there. Its an annual trip I make and its always a great time.

yeller
08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I guess its been awhile since I've posted, but I do come around once in a while to see whats happening. If any one is near Coeur D'Alene lake during labor day weekend let me know because I'll be there. Its an annual trip I make and its always a great time."Been a while........", that's an understatement. :biggrin: Good to see your still alive David. :yes:

Crystal Pro
08-16-2008, 04:11 PM
We just bought our first 22z and have been out every day on Lake Tapps in the Bonney Lake area. I saw a really nice 22 classic I think. We will be out on Lake Washington as soon as I can get a good trailer.

Ski Ya!

b.guggenmos
08-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I guess its been awhile since I've posted, but I do come around once in a while to see whats happening. If any one is near Coeur D'Alene lake during labor day weekend let me know because I'll be there. Its an annual trip I make and its always a great time.

Also good to hear from you David. It has been since Chelan. How is your boat? Have you been using it much ? Brian

Donzi5150
08-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Stockton??? Heck, I ran up there last weekend. That's an easy trip for me. I live in Walnut Grove on the Sacramento and usually launch at Hogback Island.

I've seen a few other Classics around the delta, but not a lot.

Let's keep in touch for later in the month. I've got a lot of stuff coming up but I can usually get away for the weekend. Next weekend I'm at Thunder Hill with the BMW club, then I've got a new 50 Marquis we're shipping to Pebble Beach to show, then a new 72 scheduled to arrive on it's heels that we're going to try (ha!) to assemble in time for a company cruise to Petaluma over Labor day weekend, then we go straight into the Jack London show with about 8 boats.... Oh, and I still have to do my 'normal' job and take care of the clients' boats.

Yup, it's going to get busy in Aug/Sept. Come to think of it, that sounds like all the more reason to take the 22 out on the river! :propeller:

We are in Stockton.....I was thinking of going out on the Delta maybe the 30th or 31st........let me know.:wink:

Uncle Fester
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I know there will be at a min 4 Donzis on the sanbar Labor day weekend at Crescent Bar.... that's a mini gathering isn't it?

zelatore
08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
We are in Stockton.....I was thinking of going out on the Delta maybe the 30th or 31st........let me know.:wink:

I'll be on the river...just a different river and with a different boat. We're taking the Carver up to Petaluma along with about 10 other boats as part of a company sponsored cruise we do every Labor Day weekend.

But I might find my way over toward Stockton the next weekend...

MXRoadster
08-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Brian, this year hasn't been a good boating year yet. I was too busy with work until late July and have only had it out twice. The first time was a great day, the second time not so great. I heard a loud thumping noise coming from engine when taking off from the boat ramp, so that day was spent just floating around for a few hours. Now I've pulled the engine to investigate and have found a few things that could have caused the noise and should be back in the water by this weekend.

yorkey
09-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey all... this is yorkey down in Orange County, with my 93 Classic, 454 / OMC King Cobra.

I found a guy I've been corresponding with out in Vegas with the same boat and same rig I have; he and other Donzis (not many classics though) can be found at Lake Mead near Vegas. Me and my Donzi are usually in Lake Havasu, AZ where I'll encounter an occassional Donzi, but never any classics.

Havasu is a great spot for regattas... The Nautical Inn is a popular place on the island where other large gatherings have been hosted.

One day we'll find each other out here...

zelatore
09-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Funny this thread popped up again.

My girlfriend is traveling for work so I'm home alone this weekend. Yesterday I found myself thinking 'hmmm...should I take the bike for a spin, take the boat out, or start my exhaust project'.

I considered throwing a post up on this thread to see if any NorCal guys wanted to get together Sunday, but the site was down all day. So I decided to stop putting it off and get started on my exhaust upgrade.

Since I just got stung by something nasty while leaning over pulling off a manifold, I think I may have made the wrong choice. :boggled: