PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX swim platform

cneidhart
07-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has extended or added a teak swim platform to a 22 ZX?
I was thinking of adding a teak platform below the existing. What do you think?

kramsay1234
07-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Yikes. Hope I am not responding to something you put up in jest, but not feeling that idea at all.

da donz
07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Umm,
Probably NOT!

rtgogo
07-28-2008, 07:53 PM
If I was was even remotely considering the idea, I'd go with a powder coated platform wayyyy ahead of a teak one on that boat, just don't think it would blend.....at all...

it's your boat, do what ya want...good luck.

Uncle Fester
07-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Please share the meds.... what the hell you on?

The Hedgehog
07-29-2008, 07:21 AM
A better idea would be to put a diving platform above the swim platform.:doh:

Trueser
07-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Better yet leave it alone.

SilverBack
07-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Don't let all of these suckers get you down!!! You know what you use your boat for and what you like. It is your boat and you paid for it. I guess you were asking for opinions though.....and I think most people would not go that route.

I have added an extension box to my boat and I though about adding a powder coated extension but decided not to do it.

I am still thinking about going with a wake tower with a high dive and huge sub woofers.

cneidhart
07-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi and thanks for your comments.
I checked and I could not find a Donzi with an additional swim platform. That really was a surprise. In AZ, we climb in and out of our boats, to the water all the time.

The problem I have is we can hardly get in the boat when she's in deep water. I need to make it easier and I pictured an extended platform with a better 3 step ladder. This could lower the swim deck about 6" closer to the water at a stand still. Plus it will give me more room to get on.

Since the extension was rejected, any ideas? It would take a better ladder at least.

Last Tango
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Not sure what the water depth has to do with anything. Once the water is over your head, that is all that matters. LOL!
BUT, as a fellow 22ZX owner I might suggest that you go for a longer stainless steel ladder. I have not had any trouble with using the ladder that came with my 22ZX, but everyone has different needs.
Since you live in AZ, do you boat at Lake Havasu? EVERY boat there has and uses a Bimini. If you have one, show us a picture. (Thus effectivly hijacking this thread to be a Bimini discussion vs your original swim platform question).

rtgogo
07-30-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm lookin at the self retracting ladders from Eddie Marine or Dana. Think they offer options on legnth and width plus you don't have to deal with the short term memory involved with using it ......Do you have the grab handle mounted on the deck side? Assume you do..just know I'd be stuck in the water without it and wondered if that may be your issue.

As for the bimini...I'll second that hijack...boss has been pushin me that way since the beginning, but I've been SLOWLY evaluating the best setup..:wink:..would appreciate pictures of anyone who has one mounted on a 22zx..

cneidhart
07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi,
I think the ladder just tilts in to much. I'm going to try the ladders you suggested before the other option.
We do have a binimi, but I only have one picture and I can't post it. It's in members gallery, Binimi 22zx.