PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 22 Classic seat brackets

jvcobra
07-28-2008, 10:01 AM
I am looking for the aluminum seat brackets for a 22 Classic (1987 model era but others may work). Someone installed a pedestal style mount and made the seat about 4" too high, not cool.

Email me at: jv96cobra@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Joe

charleszimmerman
07-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I am looking for the aluminum seat brackets for a 22 Classic (1987 model era but others may work). Someone installed a pedestal style mount and made the seat about 4" too high, not cool.

Email me at: jv96cobra@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Joe
If you find seat brackets let me know if there is more than 1 set as I need for a 1993 Classic 22 ....Pedestal ( box ) type bucket seat mount. jcharleszimmerman@royallepage.ca

LKSD
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
There is a special short pedestal & a special integrated slider that drops the height so that the seat is only about 4-5 inches or so off the floor overall. If your pedestal is too high you can trim it down, but the slider assembly cant be modified.. I can sell you both, but the slider is the expensive part.. ;) You can call me in the afternoon if interested.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

jvcobra
07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
So the pedestal might be factory? I'll have to take some pictures of what I have. The passengers seat has the swivel pedestal. The drivers seat just has the aluminum slider making it a nice driving height (behind windshield)

jvcobra
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
There's actually about three it appears. The springfield is the common one, not real pricey. Then there is the garelick which not only slides, but swivels. Usually that one is deck mounted on hulls without the molded in pedestal box. The third style is the older one which uses the garelick style pedestal, without the swivel seat base..

So, which one ya hunting?

Looks like you are right on target. Springfield and Garelick both have the style I was referring to. I just need to measure tonight and see which is the closest. Good info!

Thanks,
Joe

zimm17
07-30-2008, 08:49 AM
My boat has the built in fiberglass pedestals (pylons), so I only needed seat sliders and swivels. Against donzi.net recommendations, I went with the springfield sliders. Only pic I could find: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AZ8IJ?smid=A3AZEU1266GEG2&tag=dealtime-sg-ret-20&linkCode=asn

The slider is good quality, but the swivel is very flexy, so the seats wobble quite a bit. I'm just waiting for the swivels to break in rough waves. Took too much work to install for me to replace until they break. I had to drill 3" holes in the top of the pylons in order to bolt the brackets in. then I had to redrill the bolt pattern on the seat bottoms, which are hard plastic. not a fun job.

I hear the garelicks are higher quality.