PDA

View Full Version : trs to bravo steering question

KerrLake
07-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking of doing the trs to Bravo conversion. What do you have to change for steering and trim. Can you use the original trim pump and power steering pump?

gcarter
07-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Just curious....What are the major reasons you want to change?????:confused:

KerrLake
07-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I have several issues that need attention. 1st the transmission, my steering is loose, and there is play in my bell housing among some other minor things. I feel like it would be just as easy to start over with all new parts rather than spending alot of money on rebuilt parts. I don't want to feel like my boat is going to break or be unsafe if I make a high speed run. I know that I don't have a rocket, but it is a fun boat to drive and I feel like it is meant to be driven and not just sit at the dock and look cool. I have put alot of work into this boat and my goal is to make it safe and reliable. I am open to anysuggestions pro or con of making the change. Thanks

BUIZILLA
07-27-2008, 03:54 PM
there is play in my bell housing
you sure?

KerrLake
07-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Gimble housing?

BigGrizzly
07-27-2008, 06:51 PM
One thing I will say is the Bravo isn't any where as strong as the TRS, especially the Gimble. As for play brand new drives have it. Make your own decision, but I want first crack at the trans and drive.

KerrLake
07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I feel internet frowns each time I mention doing the swap. There are no TRS experts around here, and not many good boat mechanics in my opinion. I appreciate any candid advice. So I may just as well off to fix my current setup?