PDA

View Full Version : Now in Pinellas

florida gator
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Well I didn't bring the Donzi but i have recently made the move to Clearwater. Need to sell the Donzi as soon as the ex agrees to terms but it is currently in her possession. I do have the Scarab and have managed to get out a few times lately. Hope to run into some from the board

Cuda
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
There are lots of folks from here in Pinellas County.

florida gator
07-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I knew that and have received advise and assistance from many of them. All the talk of Shell Island in the past and now I come down and they prohibit alcohol. I went there on the 4th and saw less people than i have on a weekday last summer.

Cuda
07-23-2008, 11:29 PM
It's been a few years since I've been to Shell Island, but back then it was filling with sand. There wasn't a single tree on that entire island when I first started boating. All it is is a sandbar. I think they were talking of making it part of Ft Desoto Park, which would explain the no alcohol.

florida gator
07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
They have totally clear cut the area to the east of the entrance. You can see Billy's Stonecrab from out by the southwest corner of Tierra Verde now.

Cuda
07-26-2008, 05:50 AM
They have totally clear cut the area to the east of the entrance. You can see Billy's Stonecrab from out by the southwest corner of Tierra Verde now.
We had a poker run stop at Billy's Stonecrab a few years ago. There were 38 footers tied up there for lunch.