PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control and mpg....

Donziweasel
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Since I got the new F-350, I have been commuting 35 miles to and from work. I always use the cruise control and average around 14.5 mpg. Today I filled up and reset the fuel mileage computer on my dash. I did not use the cruise control and drove using the gas pedal manually. I averaged 20.9 mpg. The guage did not move. Hmmm................

BigGrizzly
07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Cruise works well on flat highways but stinks towing or on hilly roads. All the Honda testers don't use cruise.

DonziJon
07-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Cruise control trys to maintain SPEED at all costs. I have my first automatic and this seems to be the case. I am a stick shift man. I screwed up and whimped out and bought a stinkin automatic last year. NEW. Next time...... there won't be a next time because this is my last truck...I'm getting old and I keep my vehicles well over ten years and well over 100,000 miles. OH...It is an '07 Toyota Tacoma. :doh: John

EDIT: I'm getting "about" 21.1 MPG. (V6 4x4) for a tank....but I rarley use Cruise. I like my electric windows. I never had those before.