PDA

View Full Version : The good and the bad of life

onesubdrvr
07-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, my life today at least.

My wife left for the airport this morning, early, like 2am, and I was up with her to make sure all the girls were getting ready, and that the car was packed right, etc. Went back to bed for a couple more hours sleep, then awaken to take the boy to school, and head to work.

Another hot sweaty day in S. Florida, but that's OK, it's Friday, and I'll be able to relax when I get home. I get home, grab a change of clothes, check my e-mail and stuff, then head out to pick the boy up from day-care in the minivan. On the way home (about 2.2 miles from home), the car just dies. I pop the hood and look at the obvious stuff, plug wires are good, turns over fine, just no start. Well, crap, no tools, and the boy is in the van,.... So I call the only local friend I have, and he doesn't answer his phone,.... no big deal, I'm a AAA member,..... but the cards are in the wifes car,..... well, I'm not far from the house, I'll just walk. Now the boy is 2, and can walk, but getting him to walk on his own that far, in a strait line without getting distracted was near impossible, so I carried him probably 75% of the way, with his bookbag from day care and his lunchbox. Get home, find out the AAA information, call them to get the car towed. Oh yeah, took me almost an hour to walk home in the late afternoon sun, carrying the young man and his stuff. When I got home, I was soaking wet with sweat (I guess I should loose a few pounds), so grabbed another change of clothes before I got a call from the towing company to get the minivan. Loaded the boy up in the work truck, met the tow truck and got the car home,..... tomorrow, I'll be taking it apart to find out what's wrong, I suspect a broken timing chain / belt (whichever this has).

Anyway,.... for such a crappy day, things went pretty smooth in the casualty control department, and all in all I'm not too stressed about it. Time to order some chinese food though, man am I hungry :wink:

Wayne

onesubdrvr
07-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Will do :yes:

Wayne

gold-n-rod
07-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your s hitty day, Wayne. Truthfully, it puts it all into perspective for me. Some here (inc. me) have resorted to pissing matches about chickensh it and we tend to forget that the daily "grind" is just that.

Hope things are looking up for y'all..... real soon! :)

onesubdrvr
07-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Randy,

DW's tag line is one of the best (in my opinion), "If you're lucky enough to own a Donzi, you're lucky enough" (I believe thats what it is). As you said, I think we all tend to get over emotional about stuff, but at the end of the day, it is the daily grind that we all have to deal with.

Anyway, turns out it's just a fuel pump. Tank is out, fuel pump is out, new fuel pump will be at the parts store at about 4, so I should have everything wrapped up by about 6.

Again, the good and bad of life. It's bad that this happened, but good because it could have been MUCH worse,.... I could be looking at doing a timing chain / belt, or replacing the whole engine. The $150.00 for a new fuel pump, and the 4 hours total I have in the repair won't put much of a dent into my Donzi funds :wink:, or my time.

f_inscreenname
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I wasn’t having the best day yesterday also. Just the “Same Old Shi-” started getting me down. As I was sitting in a back-up in my maroon van in 95* a ambulance went by with screaming sirens followed by the Clergy vehicle. My day got instantly a whole lot better then I though it was a minute before. I was going home.