PDA

View Full Version : Do Stock Engine Room Vents Provide Enough Air?

Carl C
07-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Those two little forward vents go back to days of far less hp and Donzi Marine has seen fit to install hood scoops on the later SEs. It seems to me that the little vents may not be enough to feed a high output engine and might actually cause a lower pressure environment in the engine compartment where as a functioning hood scoop could create an engine room pressure higher than atmospheric pressure if the engine room bulkheads were sealed. I have talked with a member here who said that he was told that the vents do indeed starve a modified engine. If I were to properly install a fiberglass automotive scoop that resembled the SE scoop or maybe a raised pro stock type scoop would you guys think it was wrong? Forget the "it's your boat...." thing. I would like honest opinions. This would be the first mod that would change the appearance of my boat. Also it wouldn't be done for a while yet.

BigGrizzly
07-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Carl you are worrying to much. The vents are not the only air induction in that compartment. That thing ia anything but air tight.

glashole
07-16-2008, 09:54 AM
I/m with griz

I had to install an air scoop as you described due to engine height restrictions and i hate it

screws up the lines of the boat

I honestly think they look gayer than a french horn

don't do it

but its your boat do what you want :lookaroun:

MOP
07-16-2008, 10:10 AM
There is plenty of air, but getting rid of heat is another issue! With a 180 Tsat mine gets super hot, would like to vent off some of the heat.

Trueser
07-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Besides the rear also gets air from the sides of the boat under the dash.

smbarcelow
07-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I considered doing the same thing, but concern about water induction convinced me not to do it.

Morgan's Cloud
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Carl you are worrying to much. The vents are not the only air induction in that compartment. That thing ia anything but air tight.
Aint that a fact ...
If you ever had a serious smoke producing fire in the engine room you'd be horrified to see all the places where the smoke would be coming out ! :shocking:

Marlin275
07-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I understand that all the air scoops are installed for engine height problems.
My X18 has the Chris-Craft type motor installed backwards, 350Q
just to keep the engine lower in the boat to avoid the air scoop solution.

Carl C
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the input so far. I really don't want to do anything to change the appearance of the boat which is so cool and that's why I bought this one but if this were an issue when it came time to power up then performance must come first. It would kill me to take a saw to that hatch. Yes, I've done another major mod but it is invisible.

zelatore
07-16-2008, 11:06 AM
I honestly think they look gayer than a french horn

Wow. I was looking for a way to express my opinion of most scoops on a classic but I don't know how I can top that!

Marlin275
07-16-2008, 11:35 AM
This is the ONLY good looking scoop
I have ever seen on a Donzi.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17173&d=1136935027

Carl C
07-16-2008, 11:39 AM
This is the ONLY good looking scoop
I have ever seen on a Donzi.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17173&d=1136935027 It looks like it may not even be functional due to the upward curved deck just in front of it.

jvcobra
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think the scoop is so bad. I needed it for clearance and nothing says all business like a scoop.

ky-donzi
07-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Carl

Check out this scoop I added, you could get someone to fab you one from fiberglass. I fabed my own hood out of aluminum and added the scoop off of a 69 mach I mustang. I didn't want to cut my factory hatch either. The scoop was added for additional clearence for a procharger. But it would be awesone as a sealed fresh air intake. If you were to seal the carb/TB to the scoop....... or even better make a shaker hood scoop that stayed attached to the engine when the hatch was opened

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52537

DonziJon
07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
If you have an engine that's NICE to look at....why not pull the pins on the hinges and remove the hatch all together.

To take it a step further..If you had a nice GMC Blower sticking out of there it would look maybe even Awsome. You could have a scoop on the blower. Plenty of air would be forth coming in and outa the engine room as well. No? :lookaroun:

There's nothing like the WHINE of a Roots Blower driven by a big azz Gilmer Belt....even at an idle. :wink: John

onesubdrvr
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe it's because I love the X-18's so much,... BUT, as far as 22's go, I like them there too,..... when done right :)

Like this one,..... boat runs pretty darned good too, unfortunately I left my guitars and flower power stickers on it last time I was there :wink:

Wayne

Donziweasel
07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Not a big fan of scoops, they take away from the "classic" lines of the classics. Would almost rather have the 18 hatch bubble instead if clearance is an issue. Someone has to have a pic of the red 22 with the scoop that was something like 1 ft wide and 4 ft tall. Looked like a Testarossa. About the most but ugly thing I have ever seen. I will admit, I do like th Shelby, but I have seen two configs, one with a single in the middle and another one with two small ones on each side. I like the doubles.

RedDog
07-16-2008, 05:59 PM

I agree with Big Grizz, but that said....

My first Donzi was an 18 Classic with a built 454. I bought it from RickR and he claimed he got the most speed out of it by removing the hatch - 73.4 mph gps. The best I ever saw was high 71s - lows 72s gps (don't recall exactly). But then I never removed the hatch - and I will never claim I can drive a boat the way he can. Take it for what its worth.

Look for Blackie up on Lake St Clair - he has it now. White w/black stripe and King Cobra

Carl C
07-16-2008, 06:13 PM
If you have an engine that's NICE to look at....why not pull the pins on the hinges and remove the hatch all together.

To take it a step further..If you had a nice GMC Blower sticking out of there it would look maybe even Awsome. You could have a scoop on the blower. Plenty of air would be forth coming in and outa the engine room as well. No? :lookaroun:

There's nothing like the WHINE of a Roots Blower driven by a big azz Gilmer Belt....even at an idle. :wink: John
It wouldn't look right without cutting and edging the opening lip.
It would spoil the lines of the boat.
My insurer doesn't like "open" engines.

Other than that, I agree that a trimmed and edged opening with screw holes filled and with an impressive motor sticking up would look old school cool.

Maybe it's because I love the X-18's so much,... BUT, as far as 22's go, I like them there too,..... when done right :)

Like this one,..... boat runs pretty darned good too, unfortunately I left my guitars and flower power stickers on it last time I was there :wink:

Wayne
I was going to say that I like the Teaque scoop which is kind of like that one. It puts the opening into undisturbed air. Of course the stripe would continue over the scoop.

I agree with Big Grizz, but that said....

My first Donzi was an 18 Classic with a built 454. I bought it from RickR and he claimed he got the most speed out of it by removing the hatch - 73.4 mph gps. The best I ever saw was high 71s - lows 72s gps (don't recall exactly). But then I never removed the hatch - and I will never claim I can drive a boat the way he can. Take it for what its worth.

Look for Blackie up on Lake St Clair - he has it now. White w/black stripe and King Cobra The first claim of a possible gain but too many variables.

Dr. Dan
07-16-2008, 06:13 PM
:doh::spongebob:Carl - I gotta wonder do you just sit around all week or during the day and just think of ways to throw money at your boat? I mean on another thread you lost control of your Truck because of a worn out part...? Maybe its finally time to throw some $$$ at that?

Maybe its time to start coming to Events, meet more of us other than the nut jobs that live in Michigan like Todd! and well, just drive your boat!

Good God Batman ya already chopped the living Schtick outta the Ski Locker.... I mean if thats not altering your boat ... I really think a Hood Scoop is the least of your concerns.:smash: And your concerned wheather we will chastise you for adding a scoop?

Your boat looks great as is...leave it alone. Drive it... work out the time to "Attend Events" - I don't wanna hear about your work schedule, we all have jobs, businesses and whatever. Deal with it and enjoy spending time with Real People instead of this Registry - at the Events you can get **** faced with Canadian Nut Jobs like Glasshole - he will find unique and highly unsual ways to insult you in public and you'll enjoy it.

You'll get tons of questions answered... meet lots of interesting people and the best part is you can leave them all behind when ya go home.:wavey:

So Relax, Chill Out, come over to Lake Winnie and challenge yourself to Boat with others - or go to 1000 Islands and rearrange your driveline when ya realize that is a Channel Marker!

Or just continue to post the Plethoria of Querries that go unchallenged by the unkowing and Feable Minded Kind Hearted Souls on this Board.

If nothing else its entertaining at best! Good Luck :beer:

Don't Go Postal I'm Bustin Ya Here...

Doc of Non Rhetorical Responses :thumbsup:

RedDog
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Listen to Dr Dan

you do know he is a Big Deal? Oh, wait - that's those Canadian dudes :wink:

Carl C
07-16-2008, 06:35 PM
:doh::spongebob:Carl - I gotta wonder do you just sit around all week or during the day and just think of ways to throw money at your boat? I mean on another thread you lost control of your Truck because of a worn out part...? Maybe its finally time to throw some $$$ at that?

Maybe its time to start coming to Events, meet more of us other than the nut jobs that live in Michigan like Todd! and well, just drive your boat!

Good God Batman ya already chopped the living Schtick outta the Ski Locker.... I mean if thats not altering your boat ... I really think a Hood Scoop is the least of your concerns.:smash: And your concerned wheather we will chastise you for adding a scoop?

Your boat looks great as is...leave it alone. Drive it... work out the time to "Attend Events" - I don't wanna hear about your work schedule, we all have jobs, businesses and whatever. Deal with it and enjoy spending time with Real People instead of this Registry - at the Events you can get **** faced with Canadian Nut Jobs like Glasshole - he will find unique and highly unsual ways to insult you in public and you'll enjoy it.

You'll get tons of questions answered... meet lots of interesting people and the best part is you can leave them all behind when ya go home.:wavey:

So Relax, Chill Out, come over to Lake Winnie and challenge yourself to Boat with others - or go to 1000 Islands and rearrange your driveline when ya realize that is a Channel Marker!

Or just continue to post the Plethoria of Querries that go unchallenged by the unkowing and Feable Minded Kind Hearted Souls on this Board.

Doc of Non Rhetorical Responses :thumbsup: I drive the boat lots, doc. Maybe that's why I'm so obsessed. The truck is fixed and may be replaced within a year. I fixed it Monday morning and towed the boat to Lake St. Clair all day Tuesday. Went to Detroit and explored the chanels at Harsens Island too. Drove over 100 miles on boat. Today I was on Lake Oakland. Probably tomorrow too. I work all week-end and leave for Alaska Tuesday. Ah, life's a bitch and then you die. I WILL do shorty and steering soon. The scoops have crossed my mind in the past but I was recently talking with someone and someone who knows their stuff said that there is not enough air for certain modified motors. I need to get to the bottom of that. Cheers.

Carl C
07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Listen to Dr Dan

you do know he is a Big Deal? Oh, wait - that's those Canadian dudes :wink: They're kind of a big deal.

Donziweasel
07-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Doc of Non Rhetorical Responses :thumbsup:

:) What he said.

RedDog
07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
:) What he said.

That's enough out of you DW. Quit posting those ugly pics of you and bears. We want more of Boo-Boo - and I don't mean Boo-Boo Bear!

Carl C
07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
:doh::spongebob:Carl - I gotta wonder do you just sit around all week or during the day and just think of ways to throw money at your boat?

I just got off the phone with Mick and I will pick up the shorty tomorrow. I've got a good source for the Imco steering and will get that ordered ASAP. Both problems were solved because I posted questions here. Alright, forget the scoop thing. It wouldn't happen for a while anyway. Doc, it will be entertaining when my little yellow boat is out front of y'all. Don't get caught in the roostertail!:wink:

DONZI
07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
The scoops have crossed my mind in the past but I was recently talking with someone and someone who knows their stuff said that there is not enough air for certain modified motors. I need to get to the bottom of that. Cheers.
It was interesting when he had told me his result's, when he would lift the hatch while running.
If it is only more air that is needed. Iwould think some louvered stainless vent's installed below the rear seat might do the job also.Like the early 16's had.
Instead of adding a scoop if the added hatch clearance isn't required.

Donziweasel
07-16-2008, 08:10 PM
RD, your wish is my command!

Carl C
07-16-2008, 08:16 PM
RD, your wish is my command! Pics of BooBoo are coming?:eek!::eek!:

Yup, they're up.............

gcarter
07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Doc, it will be entertaining when my little yellow boat is out front of y'all. Don't get caught in the roostertail!:wink:
I read this and my autoresponse was to pick my feet up off the floor, it seemed to be getting so deep.:doh:

Dan, nothing to fear from Carl.......he'll never show.:propeller::wink:

Donziweasel
07-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Pretty big talk considering the company you are in.

Hmmm.... my 390 horse 16 might give you a run at Cumberland.:)

Donziweasel
07-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Someone doesn't want me to attend one. Everytime I get ready, something comes up. Hell, I was packing for Powell, started packing for AOTH last year. Eufala or Destin are still possibles, but would fly in and have no boat:mad:

Now, all of you, quit eyeballin' Boo Boo:):nilly::wink:

boxy
07-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Now, all of you, quit eyeballin' Boo Boo:):nilly::wink:

As most of my Donzi.net friends can attest to, I am a pretty easy going guy as long as I have cold beer, and no agenda to follow.

So let me be perfectly clear, if anyone, ANYONE, posts a picture of a baby duck, a flock of geese, a furry dog, or any other manner of waterfront scenery that changes the current banner pictures, I will forcefully throw your a$$ off of the next dock we meet on.
I'm just saying. :D :D

PS: DW thank Miss BooBoo for the lovely pictures.

Trueser
07-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I agree with Dan, You need to upgrade your truck.
Get something in Yellow..

Are the late model engine compartments sealed off from the front or am I missing something.

RedDog
07-16-2008, 10:42 PM
As most of my Donzi.net friends can attest to, I am a pretty easy going guy as long as I have cold beer, and no agenda to follow.
So let me be perfectly clear, if anyone, ANYONE, posts a picture of a baby duck, a flock of geese, a furry dog, or any other manner of waterfront scenery that changes the current banner pictures, I will forcefully throw your a$$ of the next dock we meet on.

no worries here my friend...

Donziweasel
07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but thanks Red Dog and Boxy for the compliment.:D
I'll let Boo Boo know you think she still "has it". She will be very happy. Not bad for 30.

BigGrizzly
07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
DW, If you come to Eufaula 0r Fort Walton, you can have a seat with us even if you don't come with BooBoo.:propeller::(.
Carl don't worry what is said on this board, its is a teasing(busting chops) and a information board. Most of us want to keep others from making the same expensive mistakes we have made. R Trip talks about the RTSE cost the same as the Donzi SE-well I can really tell you that is BS. In the end he has a better unit and just the way he wanted it. If he had bough that SE nhe would still have spent another 12,000+ at it. I ran against the Donzi SE at Sota and it IS slower than Trips. He got all his good info from this board, and actually got more crap from us then you have. MP and I never let up. My continued heckling reminded him at every event that he promised Jill the 18 if she let him build the RTSE. What are friends for!:wink:

Carl C
07-17-2008, 10:09 AM
No they are not. I just had my coaming panel off this weekend, debugging a Corsa problem, and there is all kinds of space in there.

This question most likely came as a result of a conversation between Carl and Mick. Brian is convinced that the Raylar will run better with more air.

As for the events, give me a break. The one event, if you can call it that, where I met you was at Whitehall to watch the SOTW Poker Run. Lake Michigan was so rough, even the majority of poker run boats weren't running. We all got tossed around like jet skis, when we stuck our noses out to take a look around. We do run our boats at the rallies, burning a tank of fuel on average per day, and they are scheduled for the weekends when most people can attend.

Carl, you should feel honored that people are busting your chops about joining us, as an alternative to running alone during the week or playing pick-up race and irritating the natives on the local pond. Quit making excuses and start planning your time off. AOTH 9 will be the weekend before Memorial Day next May, so mark your calendar, and with all of the tuning advice, I look forward to seeing you up front! I was trying not to drop names but you are right about Brian at Raylar. I had wondered about it too and this just affirmed my concerns. I know we were on White Lake to watch the poker run boats but that was only 15 minutes and even though Lake Michigan was not doable White Lake was still fun but most seemed content to stay anchored. It was a 400 mile tow for me to sit alone in my boat. I will make a major event sometime. And sprinkling insults with smiley faces sends mixed messages. Enough said. I am going to the bank and then to hook up with Mick and cop myself a shorty w/satin finish and 1 1/4" shaft.

gold-n-rod
07-17-2008, 10:28 AM
I am going to the bank and then to hook up with Mick and cop myself a shorty w/satin finish and 1 1/4" shaft.

Cool, Carl. I'm looking forward to hearing the improvement. Sure hope it's greater than the headers got you! :doh:

Have a good trip to the great white north.

blackhawk
07-17-2008, 10:37 AM
As someone else stated I would think heat would be more of a concern than airflow. At one time I had a formula for calculating hp loss for intake temp increases. It was a lot more than I thought it would be!

BUIZILLA
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
i'm having a hard time believing a 22 engine box is starved for air... if it'll feed a 540 @ 5600 rpm, it'll damn sure feed a 496 @ 5100 rpm :nilly:

Carl C
07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Brian is not at Raylar. He is Mick's mechanic and has an opinion on the air flow. Mick is chasing it with the new hatch, so we will find out where that goes.

As for your comments about Whitehall, I share your sentiments about sitting all day. BUT, if you take a look at the link below, you will remember that the pond was only about 3.5 miles, it had a speed restriction, and the local water cop practically rafted off with us most of the day. I think it was the wise thing to do, sit and wave at Barney.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1 dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=43.40955&lon=-86.340339&zoom=13&q1=whitehall%2C%20michigan

As an added note, I won't be attending the MADCOW run up at Torch this year for the same reasons. Sitting on the sandbar for an hour was cool, but it got old after that.

Grizz is right, my Somerville Edition was MUCH more expensive than the SE from the factory, if you count the Scorpion 18 it cost me! But in the process Griz became a friend. A big part of my questions were resolved by talking to people like him with knowledge and an opinion directly, not posting endless questions here. Again, it takes more guts to take the personal abuse in person.

And, no smiley faces here.... Thanks Todd. Got the money, now to call Mick........

RedDog
07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
To get back on topic, try it out. It should be easy enough to remove your hatch for a test run to see what the effects are.

BERTRAM BOY
07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
So let me be perfectly clear, if anyone, ANYONE, posts a picture of a baby duck, a flock of geese, a furry dog, or any other manner of waterfront scenery that changes the current banner pictures, I will forcefully throw your a$$ off of the next dock we meet on.

Boxy,

You're shootin your mouth off an awful lot for a guy who shows up boatless and gets us accused sandbaggers speeding and noise tickets.... ALL THE TIME !!!!!! :wink: :):)

boxy
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Boxy,
You're shootin your mouth off an awful lot for a guy who shows up boatless and gets us accused sandbaggers speeding and noise tickets.... ALL THE TIME !!!!!! :wink: :):)
Who got the noise ticket????
I didn't see any pictures posted on this board of any sound violation ticket at Lake George....

Hell if it wasn't for me, your boat would have backed up all the way to Vermont during the sound test.... :D :D

Sweet little 16
07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
as to the original question is there enough air in the motor compartment seems I recall astory about Knocky being trapped in one for hours and he didn't suffocate! speaking of suffocating after reading this thread that's not a bad fate at all ;p:hangum:

Carl C
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry this thread got carried away and I'm very sorry that it turned into an attack on Randy's event. Randy is a great guy. Gold-n-rod, I'm sorry. My engine is not to the point of needing more air. Some engines may be. I don't know and don't care now. This thread should go bye-bye. Here is today's bright spot:

blackhawk
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I always enjoy Carl's threads. They get interesting. :D Plus I am always thinking "what-if" so I find these threads entertaining.

But, I will direct my Torch Lake posts to the original thread:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52223

blackhawk
07-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm sorry this thread got carried away and I'm very sorry that it turned into an attack on Randy's event. Randy is a great guy. Gold-n-rod, I'm sorry. My engine is not to the point of needing more air. Some engines may be. I don't know and don't care now. This thread should go bye-bye. Here is today's bright spot:

Carl, get that bad boy bolted up and let's see what it does!

blackhawk
07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Back to the original thread I found some of the info on intake temps. If you have intake temps 60* higher than what your motor was rated at you will lose 10% of your hp!!! :eek!:

I actually had a post on another board asking "what if" you put an intercooler on a NA engine to cool intake temps. The general consensus was the restricted airflow would outweigh the cooler intake temp. :(

Donziweasel
07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll be a guiney pig in my 16. New engine came in today. When I get it in, I will do WOT run with the hatch on and with it off (off first since I will already have it off for the engine install). The 16 has the smallest bildge and we can see if I pic up any mph on the top end. My engine obviously isn't a BB, but considering the size of the bidge, and of my engine, it should compensate somewhat.

Carl C
07-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Get it good and hot first because I was thinking that the temp could be a factor too. The shorty will be 2 weeks and I'll post results.

Sweet little 16
07-18-2008, 09:15 AM
so now the question changed?? is under the hatch too hot??? what happened to the school of thought that a warmer motor makes more hp than a colder motor?? again being locked in the bilge seems like a great fate just ;)
a quick tidbit here has anyone taken into account the areodynamic drag of running a classic without the hatch??? and don't dismiss that theory as it has been proven an X18 is faster than a 2+3 with the exact same setup same bottom different tops

cutwater
07-18-2008, 09:30 AM
what happened to the school of thought that a warmer motor makes more hp than a colder motor??

I think that was Carl's point -- warm engine, cool air coming in.

has anyone taken into account the areodynamic drag of running a classic without the hatch???

I was thinking that, too. It should make a difference.

BigGrizzly
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
I must have missed the X18 is faster than the stock classic part and or thread. First of all I have never seen the two with exactly the same engines. the aerodynamics are not different enough at the speeds at which they travel to make one mph difference difference. the true comparison would be two boats using the SAME engine on the same day and same conditions. I will bet every 16 with a V6 goes a slightly different. And lets leave mighty mouse out of this. Not trying to start something just don't someone to change a deck because of an unproven statement. BTW Donzi didn't make the X for a speed thing it was a marketing thing.

DonziJon
07-18-2008, 10:10 AM
In a previous post I suggested removing the hatch all together. I have since given some thought to something that has not been mentioned in this thread.

I personally would NEVER run my Minx without the hatch. When idling along at headway speed there is just Too Much "Spittin and Sputtering" going on back there from the exhaust. I do some of my boating in SALT water and when I get back on shore, you can see all kinds of Salt Crystals on the hatch that...not for the hatch, would have given the engine a nice coating of salt. Don't need no stinkin salt down there.

Fresh water operation with the hatch removeed might be less objectionable, however, Fresh water sometimes aint' all that fresh either. :bonk: John

Sweet little 16
07-18-2008, 10:13 AM
I must have missed the X18 is faster than the stock classic part and or thread. First of all I have never seen the two with exactly the same engines. the aerodynamics are not different enough at the speeds at which they travel to make one mph difference difference. the true comparison would be two boats using the SAME engine on the same day and same conditions. I will bet every 16 with a V6 goes a slightly different. And lets leave mighty mouse out of this. Not trying to start something just don't someone to change a deck because of an unproven statement. BTW Donzi didn't make the X for a speed thing it was a marketing thing.
the X 18 are faster, I mean just ask the X 18 guys they'll tell you so ;)
here are 2 18 almost the same setup one is 8 mph faster both blackhawk boats take a guess which one is faster??? read the entire thread
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51081&page=2
Biggrizzly lighten up a little on a thread that has gone the hole extreme i was pointing out that not all of the factors have been calculated for like areodaynamics,wind direction,the tides,and the new fall line up on CBS
but it is a good point about not changing the deck especially with Carl who has no problem taking a hacksaw to a classic ;)
this is a light hearted ribbing post lighten up ;) :) all of you
get away from the computer, go run your boat,go anchor your boat,go decorate your new storage area , what ever floats your boat,now if your boat don't float then post someone here will know how to fix it

BigGrizzly
07-18-2008, 10:42 AM
OK , I was out in the boat yesterday in the Corsican and today we will be cruising in the Criterion. with my sister and her twins. I sometimes wish I didn't play with computers, I was born a tech and spent my whole life as one even when I worked for HONDA the manufacturer. That was an eye opening 24 years of my life, but never stopped the racing and engine thing. Maybe in my next life I will do one or the other:wink: My biggest problem is I am not sure which body I like best - the X18 or the Classic! Just so you know Waleye's boat's drive hight is quite a bit higher than Don's. I am not going to get sucked in on this one. Truth is Criterions are the best 22's:wink:

Sweet little 16
07-18-2008, 10:51 AM
OK , I was out in the boat yesterday in the Corsican and today we will be cruising in the Criterion. with my sister and her twins. I sometimes wish I didn't play with computers, I was born a tech and spent my whole life as one even when I worked for HONDA the manufacturer. That was an eye opening 24 years of my life, but never stopped the racing and engine thing. Maybe in my next life I will do one or the other:wink: My biggest problem is I am not sure which body I like best - the X18 or the Classic! Just so you know Waleye's boat's drive hight is quite a bit higher than Don's. I am not going to get sucked in on this one. Truth is Criterions are the best 22's:wink:

I know the x is up on Steve's boat , no one can ever accuse you Randy of not loving Donzi's and trying to help any Donzi person ,just trying to lighten the mood

BigGrizzly
07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
The problem is that everyone is correct, I am trying to lighten up the mood the problem is when you type others don't see your face. BTW 16 when you were complimenting my boat at George but I was a little busy to say thanks so it was nice meeting you and it was really nice to see all the 16's jumping around like flying fish. It was the biggest 16 show since the early Eufaula days. Foe me and my wife it was great. My wife's introduction to Donzi was our 16 in 1968 in the Atlantic ocean, just as a storm came up:eek!: and we about 2 miles out off Manasquan inlet. What an introduction. Unfortunately she tells that story too often, really the small craft warnings weren't out when we left:hangum:

catch 22
07-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Mikey & Dr Dan seem to like the scoop!!!!!

BigGrizzly
07-20-2008, 09:04 AM
I like Catche's vent but his whole boat is drop dead gorgeous. He and GINA have don a fabulous job in it. Nothing in that boat is 1/2 a$$!:)

Barry Eller
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
:shocker:
Mikey & Dr Dan seem to like the scoop!!!!!

Dr. Dan doesn't have any trousers on...XXX

boxy
07-20-2008, 11:50 AM
:shocker:
Dr. Dan doesn't have any trousers on...XXX

AGAIN :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

boxy
07-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Carl, I think I found your solution, and it's even in Detroit.......

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/768363990.html

Carl C
07-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Carl, I think I found your solution, and it's even in Detroit.......

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/768363990.html Hmmm...I wonder how it works. Pressurizing the whole engine compartment sounds like a recipe for disaster if there were a fuel leak. A raised scoop from Teaque plumbed direct to the intake of a supercharger sounds like a good plan to me. BTW, I am posting from Eagle River, Alaska where it has been cold and rainy. Today the sun came out briefly and tomorrow looks promising. So far this is the coldest summer on record here since 1970! I feel bad for the tourists who are making a once in a lifetime visit here. They picked the wrong summer. I have seen mid 80's here. Will be back next Thursday with some pics. Take care.

Tony
07-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Speaking of scoops, where the heck has Moody Blu' Broque been?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/boatpics.jpg

:beer"

RedDog
07-25-2008, 07:58 AM
... BTW, I am posting from Eagle River, Alaska where it has been cold and rainy. Today the sun came out briefly and tomorrow looks promising. So far this is the coldest summer on record here since 1970! I feel bad for the tourists who are making a once in a lifetime visit here. They picked the wrong summer. I have seen mid 80's here. Will be back next Thursday with some pics. Take care.

Eagle River! Cool! I was there last August...

Carl C
08-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Eagle River! Cool! I was there last August... Yes, lots of bear warnings. Tourists like to steal the signs for souvenirs.

SilverBack
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Carl...have you tried that shorty out yet? how did you do?

Carl C
08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Carl...have you tried that shorty out yet? how did you do? See new thread.:wink: