PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 280T Transom Assembly and parts

Kirbyvv
07-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Complete Volvo 280T (power trim) transom assembly, multiple trim pumps, misc braided ss lines, etc. $750 + shipping. it will need new bushings and pins, maybe a few hydraulic fittings and one of the rams appears to need new seals. Newly painted volvo greyish white. There is some non-structural pitting that isn't visible when the drive is down. Located in the Lake George area. Also, I have no idea if the trim pumps work, I never tried them, but with all the parts there should be a functional unit there.
I kept saying it's going on ebay, but am posting it here first.
The 280T transom assembly will bolt right up to the standard 280 bolt holes. You will have to drill a few extra holes for additional bolts, but other than that it's a relatively easy swap (as easy as anything on old boats....). Any 280 drive should mount right up to this unit. I'm not sure if other volvo drives will work with it. Maybe someone else here knows that answer.
I bought 2 280T assemblies thinking I'd peice together one working unit, but both were in pretty good shape and fairly complete. I put one on my '78 X-18 and now have trim and its like a different boat. Trim is great. I was going to keep the second as a spare, but I've got too too many spare parts for all my hobbies.
Photo's of one unit on my X-18, all other photo's are of the unit for sale.
PM me with any questions or more photo's. If it doesn't sell here it goes to ebay in a few weeks.

Kirbyvv
07-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Here's a few more photo's.

f_inscreenname
07-19-2008, 10:29 AM
You have a good deal for who ever needs it.