PDA

View Full Version : Latham single ram Bravo on eBay...

gcarter
07-15-2008, 10:26 AM
This looks like a bargain.
And if one of you guys don't buy it quick, too bad on you!:wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130238842521&rd=1

roadtrip se
07-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Never seen that kind of ram from Latham before. Maybe it is just and old design. Too long any way, unless you intend to mount it over by the chine. The wing plate looks like it might be the right stuff. Nice wheel. The lines aren't worth shipping. Most of it looks like garbage. Price seems a little high for what you are getting. I like the value-added rust, especially for a "freshwater-only" claim.

Save your money, especially on a safety item like this. Again, the wing plate and maybe the mounting hardware for the ram would be the only pieces I could see as a possible for use, but with the prices and choices available today, I would want to go twin ram any way.

gcarter
07-15-2008, 12:05 PM
When you consider a steering column alone is over $400.00, this is a good deal. It's a 7" stroke ram. It wouldn't be mounted inside the tabs, but outside like Catch's are.
If someone rebuilt this ram and helm....it don't cost a fortune, it's a good starting point for a complete system. Aesthetics are very easily corrected.
I agree about the hoses.

gcarter
07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
There's nothing magic about rebuilding the ram.....any reputable hydraulic shop can do it for a minimal labor charge plus the seals.
Stainless doesn't rust very well, is usually only cosmetic, and comes off easily.

Anonymous restorer of old parts

Mr X
07-15-2008, 02:30 PM
It is NOT a Latham, looks like a Marine Machine.

glashole
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
here you go danny

grab some of the paint from Walmart like we were talking about

some helecoils

life is good

mjw930
07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
It is NOT a Latham, looks like a Marine Machine.

I think he thinks it's a Latham because the overflow canister is Latham. If you could pick it up for a couple hundred I think it would be a deal. The ram rebuild is minimal and if the helm isn't leaking it's probably OK. Hoses are cheap so I wouldn't think you would need to put more than $200 into freshening it up.

gcarter
07-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, this offer had a Very reasonable "Buy It Now" price of $650.00. But I guess everyone bidding thought they'd pick up a bargain.........
No such luck. Ya gotta jump on these things while the getting is good. They just don't come along very often.
Think about it. Steering column is over $400.00, helm is $500.00, rest of the system is probably another $1,500.00 new. Someone coulda walked w/a bargain of $650.00, but they got greedy and now it'll end up costing a lot more.

I tried to help you guys, I hope someone will alert me if they see another steering column....3" or 4", either one. I already have everything else taken care of on the TR.

Mr X
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, this offer had a Very reasonable "Buy It Now" price of $650.00. But I guess everyone bidding thought they'd pick up a bargain.........
No such luck. Ya gotta jump on these things while the getting is good. They just don't come along very often.
Think about it. Steering column is over $400.00, helm is $500.00, rest of the system is probably another $1,500.00 new. Someone coulda walked w/a bargain of $650.00, but they got greedy and now it'll end up costing a lot more.
I tried to help you guys, I hope someone will alert me if they see another steering column....3" or 4", either one. I already have everything else taken care of on the TR.
I bet if it was a LATHAM system, it would have been snapped up quick.

BlownCrewCab
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Even if it was a MM (Marine Machine) the cylinder alone was $700+ new with the mounts. someone said hoses where cheap, at least $100, then the helm pump. For someone who doesn't have $2k for a nice new unit it's a hell of a deal.

Oh. also, you know the difference between Latham and Marine Machine?

About 25 Miles....

MOP
07-20-2008, 09:02 PM
The buy it now was a real good hit for someone, but it still may end up being a decent deal. Will be interesting to see where it goes!

Phil