PDA

View Full Version : p729lws' Pantera

Barry Eller
07-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Dan and I ran together a couple times this past weekend to see the Blue Angels Airshow at Pensacola Beach. Bad weather cancelled the Saturday show so we went to the back up Sunday show. We just made it to safe harbor before another bad electrial storm hit 30 mins after the Sunday show.

Over the weekend 5 people were struck by lightning on the beach, one in a boat. Florida has more lightning strikes than any other state in the US. Don't treat it lightly!

I took a couple photos of Dans Pantera, he took a couple of Denise and I too.
I kept the Donzi at my neighbors dock over the weekend. Forgive the scum line and my large belly!

boxy
07-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Sweet boat, I have always loved the 3 pack, race hatch layout.

Ed Donnelly
07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Got real exited there for a minute..............

Oh you meant the Pantera boat not car.....Ed

p729lws
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
That was a good weekend for sure, but it looks like I need to switch to light beer, hit the gym or both, lol. :eek!:

Barry, got any photos of your old Pantera car?

Boxy, here a couple photos of the ****pit. The layout is definately working for me. It's hot enough here in the panhandle that I'm in the water if the boats not moving so I don't miss the full ****pit much:yes:

Dan

Lenny
07-16-2008, 12:41 AM
I absolutely LOVE those boats :yes:

Wanna buy me one? :D

gcarter
07-16-2008, 06:17 AM
Dan, if you're boating alone, is it hard to dock?:confused:

Barry Eller
07-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Barry, got any photos of your old Pantera car?

I may have some, in a box somewhere...you've seen the clutter in my life!:smash:

Ed Donnelly has a BADASS DeTomaso Pantera. Show it to us Ed!

p729lws
07-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Dan, if you're boating alone, is it hard to dock?:confused:

It's not too bad George. I make sure the lines are ready and I can pop out of the center bolster fairly quick. The Pantera hangs from the eyes at the house and when we're out we're more likely to be nosed up on the beach or anchored in a few feet of water than tied up to a dock. About the only time I dock it is at the office. I have thought about adding an additional helm to the port side but mostly because the wife would probably feel more secure in the center bolster.

Dan

FISHIN SUCKS
07-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Absolutely a COOL boat Dan!!! Dont worry about the Light beer thing, just get off the deck and put that pretty bow ornament/deck hand up there:wink:.

And yes Barry, get out your sponge and clean that scum line:puke: You should be ashamed, dirty boy:smash:!

Yeah Ed, let's see that Detomaso. you too Barry! If it sounds like I am being hard on Barry, it's okay, he's my friend:)!

p729lws
07-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys. Here's a much better photo of my boat.

FISHIN SUCKS
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
WELL DONE:clap:

Barry Eller
07-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Absolutely a COOL boat Dan!!! Dont worry about the Light beer thing, just get off the deck and put that pretty bow ornament/deck hand up there:wink:.
And yes Barry, get out your sponge and clean that scum line:puke: You should be ashamed, dirty boy:smash:!
Yeah Ed, let's see that Detomaso. you too Barry! If it sounds like I am being hard on Barry, it's okay, he's my friend:)!
Yeah, we be buddys. I hope to break bread and have coctails with you and Barbi again! Denise and I enjoyed your company.

I cleaned the scum line off Yippy, and here is a photo of the results. LimeAway works great. The bayou is brackish and has a lot of tannin in the water, it stains very quickly.