PDA

View Full Version : my prediction about tomorrow's big GM announcement

gold-n-rod
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Chevy - stand alone "value" brand
Caddy - stand alone "luxury" brand
Some (but not all) dealers will go Chevy/Caddy, just like Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura
Buick/Pontiac/Saturn/Saab - near luxury, performance, near-import, import (basically, everying else between value and luxury).

Hummer - gone. Caddy trucks/SUV - gone, GMC - gone. Want a large truck or SUV?..... it's Chevy, bay-bee.

This satisfies the dealer body and gives everyone a market to sell. All the needless duplication is gone. OK, "needless" is harsh. All the duplication of the previous 90 years is gone. With the dealers happy, the potential settlements for unhappy dealers are minimized.

It is indeed a "new world order" in the domestic car biz.

Ford and Chrysler will follow..... or perish.

gold-n-rod
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
By the way, Saab could also be sold/dropped along with Humjob. The potential Buick/Pontiac/Saturn stores could be very hot as long as the product pipeline was kept full. They'd have everything in between the value and luxury lines (Chevy/Caddy). How could they lose???

LKSD
07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
I see it going this way soon as well.. for better or worse.. Actually I am supprised it hasnt happend yet.. My thought is they will have Chevy & caddy, but add a "custom" option so you can get different trim levels, wheels & grilles.. They all will just either have a bowtie of a wreath on the grille.. :D Jamie

Last Tango
07-15-2008, 08:11 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121612399864154295.html?mod=MKTW

chappy
07-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Looks like circling the wagons.