PDA

View Full Version : Time to get rid of my Donzi

guy with the red donzi
07-14-2008, 08:09 PM
I have finally decieded to part with my donzi. Its a 1968 Donzi 16 ski sport hull. The boat needs the deck to be recored. The hull is in decent shape. I have the hatch and its in good shape. It had a 302 with a volvo drive. I got rid of the drive and the engine because I had plans on putting a mercruiser in it. I really don't want to get rid of it but I don't have the time to work on it and I have to many other projects. I have a title for the hull. The trailer is also available. Make me an offer I have no idea what its worth. My e-mail is Sutphen115@hotmail.com

guy with the red donzi
08-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Someone save this boat from the dump. Come and pick the hull up I need to get rid of it. The trailer is for sale make me an offer on it if your intrested but I need to get rid of the hull..

Donziweasel
08-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Sorry, but, some boats are beyond saving, this one is a candidate. If it is free, you might find someone to take it.

ghiafreak62
08-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Where is this boat located?

guy with the red donzi
08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
The boat is in Hopatcong, NJ.

harbormaster
08-23-2008, 07:41 AM
lets see some photos of the engine compartment, hatch and transom

Conquistador_del_mar
08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I have finally decieded to part with my donzi. Its a 1968 Donzi 16 ski sport hull. The boat needs the deck to be recored. The hull is in decent shape. I have the hatch and its in good shape. It had a 302 with a volvo drive. I got rid of the drive and the engine because I had plans on putting a mercruiser in it. I really don't want to get rid of it but I don't have the time to work on it and I have to many other projects. I have a title for the hull. The trailer is also available. Make me an offer I have no idea what its worth. My e-mail is Sutphen115@hotmail.com

Someone save this boat from the dump. Come and pick the hull up I need to get rid of it. The trailer is for sale make me an offer on it if your intrested but I need to get rid of the hull..

I have restored quite a few boats in worse condition than your 16' - at least judging by the pictures. If the boat were not so far from here in north Texas, I would gladly take it on. I hope someone closer to where you live will take it on - it would be a wonderful classic when it is restored. Bill

guy with the red donzi
08-23-2008, 01:35 PM
I'll take some more pictures today. I would love to restore it but I just don't have the time to spend on it.

onesubdrvr
08-23-2008, 03:50 PM
If I had the knowledge, I'd love to take it, and reconfigure it with a criterion style ****pit,

I think that would be cool,

Unfortunately, I don't have time to come and get it, or the knowledge to do the work,....

Course some one in the boat building industry does owe me a favor,...

Wayne

Carl C
08-23-2008, 05:41 PM
George Carter could fix 'er up.:yes:

blackfin74
08-26-2008, 08:10 PM
When do you have to have it gone by?

guy with the red donzi
09-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry for not responding back to anyone. The past couple weeks have been a bit busy, I just started school. If your still interested in the pics I'll put them up. I am looking to get rid of it soon. Thanks chris

Conquistador_del_mar
09-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Sorry for not responding back to anyone. The past couple weeks have been a bit busy, I just started school. If your still interested in the pics I'll put them up. I am looking to get rid of it soon. Thanks chris

By all means - the more pictures someone can see the better to figure out if they want to restore it. Bill

chappy
09-06-2008, 08:53 AM
If anyone wants this boat to restore, but doesn't have a place to store it right now, I may be able to help with that. Shoot me a pm, this thing is only 70 miles from me. Kudos to Chris for doing the right thing, trying to save it from the dump.

guy with the red donzi
10-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey everyone I still have the donzi. Like I said the boat is free. If you need a trailer I only want $450 for it. If you just want the boat come and take it, I will seperate. I don't know if I mentioned it but I do have the engine hatch and the ski locker hatch. Thanks chris

onesubdrvr
10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
PM sent ;)

Wayne

chappy
10-09-2008, 06:56 PM
PM sent ;)

Wayne

Offer still stands.

handfulz28
10-09-2008, 08:37 PM
PM sent ;)

Wayne

I might be headed to the DC area next week; Jersey couldn't be that much further. Let me know if I can help with transport. It will give me an excuse to see a buddy in Jensen Beach also.

What happened to the pics? I see the "Thumbnails" outline, but no pics.

onesubdrvr
10-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I might be headed to the DC area next week; Jersey couldn't be that much further. Let me know if I can help with transport. It will give me an excuse to see a buddy in Jensen Beach also.

Wow, what an offer ;)

Thanks, and I'll keep you updated! :yes:

Wayne

onesubdrvr
10-21-2008, 07:46 PM

Handful,

Boat is actually in PA now,.... but if you make it up that way, and if your offer still stands, that would be great.

I won't be able to really start on it until the new year, and Rich is being a very gracious host, so there isn't a huge time crunch. Thanks for keeping me in mind. I've got to "purge" the garage of some of my R/C toys so I can make room for my new baby :D

Wayne

handfulz28
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I've been following your Bench thread. Very cool idea. :biggrin: And lucky for you I've been put off probably until next week. I'll keep you posted on my timing and look forward to helping out if I can.

Thanks,
Michael

onesubdrvr
10-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I've been following your Bench thread. Very cool idea. :biggrin: And lucky for you I've been put off probably until next week. I'll keep you posted on my timing and look forward to helping out if I can.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael, thanks a TON,... I think it will be very cool when done, and atleast saving one like this, I don't feel like I'm destroying a piece of history. Lot's of 16's, and unless something turns up with information on this one being unique in some way, I won't feel guilty ;)

Wayne

Donziweasel
10-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Congrats on the new addition Wayne.:wink:

onesubdrvr
10-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Congrats on the new addition Wayne.:wink:

Thanks! :biggrin.:

I wasn't sure I'd ever tackle a project again, but this could work out perfect for me.

I'll be starting with the time consuming, labor intensive stuff such as filling the transom, and sanding / painting the interior of the hull, replacing the tank, etc. and going then going on to modifying the deck.

I'm very excited :yes: lots of pictures once I get started :biggrin.:

guy with the red donzi
10-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Good luck with the project. I always wanted to get her in the water. But with school and work I never had the time or money. I'm glad to know that she will be going back in the water and not to the dump.
thanks chris

sweet 16 1966
10-22-2008, 05:35 PM
WOW -the word "Dump" and Donzi just don't go together well.
Kind of gets you in the gut.
Wayne - I have seen you sling a wrench so I know you have that part down . As to the glass work needed and paint, you are surrounded with qualified help and assistance. Heck, I get excited just reading about it, especially since we all know where your heart is! I look forward to following this one until the end. Nuff said...

onesubdrvr
10-22-2008, 05:48 PM
WOW -the word "Dump" and Donzi just don't go together well.
Kind of gets you in the gut.
Wayne - I have seen you sling a wrench so I know you have that part down . As to the glass work needed and paint, you are surrounded with qualified help and assistance. Heck, I get excited just reading about it, especially since we all know where your heart is! I look forward to following this one until the end. Nuff said...
Russ,

Thanks very much,.... I would have really liked to have done the X-18, but then was very much the wrong time,.... now still isn't the right time, but the ability to keep it completely in the garage is a big plus.

Also, as my schooling is drawing near a close, I'll be able to put some time into it (unlike the X-18).

I've started making a basic list from the photos of things I need to do. I can't decide whether to do the deck first or the hull,.... oh well, again, this time I'm in no hurry, don't feel like I'm in a hurry, and know that when I'm done, I'll have a very unique, done my way 16 :yes:

Thanks again! and Thanks to Chris for not just sending it to the dump :yes:
Wayne

Donziweasel
10-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Wayne, I love the project AND think you are nuttier than chinese chicken salad!:biggrin.: How long do you think it will take? What is your budget? Power? Would be a shame if it looked real unique and didn't run very fast. I am sure that you have something in mind to make it move. I think I remember talk of a SC 4.3L.:biggrin.:

I like Randy's idea of a small hatch and seating area in front, kinda of 16 Critter.

In reality, I am jealous as hell. Great project, great theme and a truely unique boat.:worthy: Please, please, please keep us updated! Good luck!

onesubdrvr
10-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Wayne, I love the project AND think you are nuttier than chinese chicken salad!:biggrin.: How long do you think it will take? What is your budget? Power? Would be a shame if it looked real unique and didn't run very fast. I am sure that you have something in mind to make it move. I think I remember talk of a SC 4.3L.:biggrin.:

I like Randy's idea of a small hatch and seating area in front, kinda of 16 Critter.

In reality, I am jealous as hell. Great project, great theme and a truely unique boat.:worthy: Please, please, please keep us updated! Good luck!
Hmm, maybe that would be a good name for the boat "Nutty Chicken" lol,...

Anyway, we've hi-jacked this thread, but I will continue this on my bench seat thread as I was just getting ready to post some questions / statements for discussion on this..... Catch 'ya there :D

Wayne

kcatucci
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Where are the pics?

chappy
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Where are the pics?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/album.php?albumid=32

Conquistador_del_mar
10-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Good luck with the project. I always wanted to get her in the water. But with school and work I never had the time or money. I'm glad to know that she will be going back in the water and not to the dump.
thanks chris

Chris,
I am glad to hear that you held off until finding someone to rescue the boat. Too many times the story ends at the landfill - this one will continue for many years. :wink: Bill

Thanks! :biggrin.:

I wasn't sure I'd ever tackle a project again, but this could work out perfect for me.

I'll be starting with the time consuming, labor intensive stuff such as filling the transom, and sanding / painting the interior of the hull, replacing the tank, etc. and going then going on to modifying the deck.

I'm very excited :yes: lots of pictures once I get started :biggrin.:

I will be looking forward to seeing the progress. Bill

Where are the pics?

Apparently, most pictures seem to have been "lost" when Scot moved everything to a new server. Bill