PDA

View Full Version : newby question

goose2125
07-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey guys i know most of you guys on here have the more go fast style of donzis but i just bought my first donzi for the family and was wondering if anyone on here knew anything about this boat pros or cons it's a 87 z21 cuddy i would really like to learn as much about this boat as i can if you guys could help me out i would sure appreciate it. thanks mike

RedDog
07-14-2008, 06:23 AM
They're pretty boats - dive in with any specific questions you have .

http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell617.jpg

BigGrizzly
07-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I like them!

goose2125
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Well i guess my first question is what is the orignal prop size, And if there is anything i should look out for or be aware of for this model, (bad wiring, weak motor ect ect. By the way the pic u posted look exactly like it.
thanks mike

RedDog
07-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Well i guess my first question is what is the orignal prop size, And if there is anything i should look out for or be aware of for this model, (bad wiring, weak motor ect ect. By the way the pic u posted look exactly like it.
thanks mike

I wouldn't worry about what the original was. Props have advanced since then. Is something wrong with what you have?

Post your engine specs (displacement and assumed HP), RPMs you can get now, what drive you have, and what prop you have, and speed measured using GPS.

mrfixxall
07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey guys i know most of you guys on here have the more go fast style of donzis but i just bought my first donzi for the family and was wondering if anyone on here knew anything about this boat pros or cons it's a 87 z21 cuddy i would really like to learn as much about this boat as i can if you guys could help me out i would sure appreciate it. thanks mike

stringer rot! some good ones more bad ones..

goose2125
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
I was told from the guy i bought it from, but who was not the orignal owner that everything is still completely stock as what it come with. 350,alpha 1 gen 1 hour meter says 328 but who really knows it has a 21 pitch 3 blade ss prop.

As for the stringers i have checked them pretty good for what i could actually get to seem to be pretty solid.

Trueser
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
That should be the correct prop. Check the engine mounts for loose bolts.

Just run it like you stole it.

goose2125
07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
checked all of the bolts everywhere 85% loose throught the entire boat, I really haven't ran the boat much, But for an average on the best day possible what should the boat really be capable of running.

Formula Jr
07-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Randy, why do you like them...?

glashole
07-15-2008, 06:26 AM
checked all of the bolts everywhere 85% loose throught the entire boat, I really haven't ran the boat much, But for an average on the best day possible what should the boat really be capable of running.

give it hell

you tell us what it will run :)

borrow a handheld GPS for the ride to check for accuracy with the speedo

goose2125
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Got another question is their anywhere that sells new and used donzi parts the glove box lid was gone when i got it, Guess if i can't find 1 i will just roll a new one out.

The Hedgehog
07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Not sure what size you have but Dana Marine has a nice trick glove box door

cutwater
07-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Got another question is their anywhere that sells new and used donzi parts the glove box lid was gone when i got it, Guess if i can't find 1 i will just roll a new one out.

I have found that your best bet on finding older obscure parts is to just be diligent in watching the "parts for sale" section on the board, especially if someone is restoring or modifying one like you have. Also keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist for people parting out or selling your model of boat. I know this doesn't help you that much, but unfortunately true... Otherwise, like the Hedgehog says, there is some nice bling out there that will look really good...

goose2125
07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
i just bought an 87 z21 thanks

goose2125
07-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Is their any other cool sites you guys could feel me in on like i said i'm a donzi newby

cutwater
07-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Is their any other cool sites you guys could feel me in on like i said i'm a donzi newby

I hate to break it to ya, but we are the coolest... :pimp:

btw - i think the Hog meant glove box size - you should measure the glove box opening and see if Dana Marine carries one to fit.

goose2125
07-15-2008, 10:01 PM
I just got on their site and the only thig i seen that they carry is flat doors mine has a rolled door.

and yes i will have to agree with you on this site!!!!!

glashole
07-16-2008, 06:27 AM
I am just assuming here :confused: but if you hadn't bought the boat originally when you asked the question you should have said it and the board members would have steered you to exact locations to look for and things that they know would have issues or not

that being said, good luck with the boat and get some pictures up when you get it

Shea

Carl C
07-16-2008, 08:04 AM
The Z-21 in Donzi's words:

FISHIN SUCKS
07-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Congrats on your purchase, Goose! Not sure where you are located but if you are somewhat close to Benton Harbor, MI, Wolf's Marine has a ton of stuff. Ranging from various screens, glove box doors, cuddy doors, chrome parts, galley parts, head parts, trailer parts, hand/grab rails, just about anything you can think of. I dont know there phone number off hand, but i think there web address is something like www.wolfsmarine.com , not for sure though. If this address works, confirm that they are in Benton Harbor, that would be the one. Like Shea said, post some pix of that baby:yes:!

tom