PDA

View Full Version : Tony Snow - FOX News

Dr. Dan
07-12-2008, 07:41 AM
:smash:Waking up this morning and walking into the office to hear of Tony Snow losing his battle with Colon Cancer at 53. I wanted to express a few thoughts.

I seldom start a thread about the life of someone - but over the last 10 years I have become kinda of a News Junky. I drive an insane amount of miles for my Sales Position and I listen to alot of Talk Radio.

Anyone who has spent serious time on the road understands you can only rock out and jam soooo much, especially during the business day, so ya have to keep sharp and informed, and discovering Talk Radio has added a refreshing and richer intellectual component to an otherwise mundane road experience.

I have always looked at Tony and listened to him on the Radio as a tempered and classy guy who had a genuine and honest way about his approach to whatever he did. Today we are so exposed to so much "Canned Reality Shows" - which are anything but real, and so many biased News and Media exposure with the advancement of all our World Wide Technology that its refreshing to hear from someone who seems and appears like someone you know or could just talk to.... no airs, no attitude.

I obviously did not know him personally but it causes me to pause and remember those of us in our lives, many here on the Registry that temper our environment or in some cases, affect it! But all of that aside - I sometimes reflect upon how short of a time we are here, that it does go by so fast, and its not something any of us can control.

So take a minute to cherish your Family, the Close Friends and people you truly love and that create the real "Wealth" in your life... its the moments and the memories we share that deposit the funds that enrich all of our existence....and its a neat thing when we recognize and appreciate that. I always found it somewhat tragic to wait until someone passes to express what a great person they were, or how generous with helping you out or whatever their particular "Touchstone" was for their life.

Wouldn't we all be better served to appreciate all that we do have, now and today and realize that this truly is, the time of your Life?:wink:

Be Well

Doc :spongebob:

chappy
07-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Very sad to read this story this AM. From Fox to the White House to CNN, seemed like a classy guy. As usual, the good Doctor puts these things in perspective quite well.

gcarter
07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
I've always greatly admired Tony. He's had a lot of great jobs from presidential speech writer, presidential spokesman, fill in guy for Rush, and his own gig.
He was never ashamed or afraid to share his faith in God.
It seems starting about 10 years ago that a lot of unfortunate things happened. While having his house remodeled, it caught on fire and was seriously damaged. Then the long battle to fight cancer.
But inspite of everything, you could tell his priorities never wavered, his faith in God, his family, and his love of this country.

widowmaker
07-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't know how often others feel this way, but when I read something containing the sentiment in Doc's post, I wish that I had the ability to better put my thoughts into words. Truly, we are here for only a very short time and, in the final analysis, all that we really have is each other. Everything that we think that we "own" is really only rented. Someone owned it before, and someone will own it afterwards. We only have the use of it for a short time.

I have been lurking, in the shadows, on this site for over a year. During that period, I have been gathering helpful information in my Classic 22 project. I enjoy and have benefited from the willingness of the membership to share with each other everything from knowledge to props. While, on occasion, I have been moved to add my two cents on certain subjects, I have to date not done so. It took Doc's post to get me lightly involved. Thanks, Doc for your thoughtful insight.

As to my Classic 22 project, when it is completed I'll share details and what I've learned in the process with the board. Now, back into the shadows.

BigGrizzly
07-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Widowmaker,I too am moved by Doc's post. I will say that yours was also very good and to the point and I appreciate your response. If we can help let us know.

roadtrip se
07-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Dan.

slapshot11
07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Nicely done Dan. Thank you.

BUIZILLA
07-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Dan...

your the man

Lenny
07-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Dan, after listening to your "off the cuff stand up", late at Lake George, I was immediately aware of your story telling ability and humor. I had never seen that side of you before nor knew it existed.

Nice post. :yes:

Email me my bill for the clothes and towels please... now ... :)

highlnd@telus.net

Take care, be well.

Lenny and Deneen