PDA

View Full Version : Emergency rooms SUCK!

MOP
07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Was just getting ready to order dinner and a friend walks in and asks if we heard about our son in law!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunned we found out he was helicoptered to Stony Brook hospital very few details as it had just happened, so we jumped in the Sub and did the 40 mile run. He has a broken neck, arm, wrist and some chewed up with 40 stitches in his head. We found our he was cutting a tree branch up on a ladder, when the branch came loose it took him, ladder and chain saw down. He was paralyzed for a short time very bloody and had a bad time breathing, they say he is some lucky and they think he will get away with a Halo and about 8-10 weeks healing time. Now another kicker five days before his 56 year old brother died, at times you have to wonder about the things our young people have to deal with. Anyway I am rag tired and need to quit typing, still awake I just hang for a bit.

Phil

onesubdrvr
07-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Was just getting ready to order dinner and a friend walks in and asks if we heard about our son in law!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunned we found out he was helicoptered to Stony Brook hospital very few details as it had just happened, so we jumped in the Sub and did the 40 mile run. He has a broken neck, arm, wrist and some chewed up with 40 stitches in his head. We found our he was cutting a tree branch up on a ladder, when the branch came loose it took him, ladder and chain saw down. He was paralyzed for a short time very bloody and had a bad time breathing, they say he is some lucky and they think he will get away with a Halo and about 8-10 weeks healing time. Now another kicker five days before his 56 year old brother died, at times you have to wonder about the things our young people have to deal with. Anyway I am rag tired and need to quit typing, still awake I just hang for a bit.

Phil
Phil,

My thoughts are with your family, certainly does sound like quite an ordeal; he and your family will be in my prayers.

Wayne

chappy
07-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Very sorry to hear this, hoping for the best outcome.:crossfing:

penbroke
07-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Sorry to hear this Phil. Wishing the best for a speedy recovery.

Frank

MOP
07-11-2008, 08:17 AM
They just called saying the Halo was going as we speak, once that is done then they will operate on his arm. The had to stabilize his neck first, doctor says he is super lucky so far they feel he will make it through Ok. I am taking off early today to see him later. Thanks a bunch for the well wishes, it is a long story but he is a little extra special to us.

Phil

maddad
07-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey Phil, hope all ends well for you guys. Is this the same guy who busted himself up out of the country recently?

MOP
07-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Bonnies son was the one that got screwed up in CR, Bill is her son in law real good guy. He is a guard at our county jail in Riverhead, lousy way to get the summer off!