PDA

View Full Version : Quite a bike...

Tony
07-10-2008, 08:03 AM
The Keeper's (http://www.uti.com/~thekeep/home1024.html) website often has some pretty wild stuff, and this bike is no exception!

:beer:

gold-n-rod
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Based on the oil leaks below, it must be British!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrfixxall
07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
looks like a knock off of a Boss hoss.

http://www.daytonabosshoss.com/

MOP
07-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I biked a lot of years way back saw several small block stuffed in the rails, the one setup front to back were a handful the torque was hard to control. The side ways setups were fine in that respect but way to wide gave the rider a split personality. There were some very nice hot trikes, to me to much weight! I liked to ride the crap out of my bikes.

Phil

zelatore
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Yup, looks like a Boss Hoss. I never understood the concept other than to put as big a motor as possible in the thing. You know they now offer 350 and 502 versions?

I understand the small block is actually rideable.

Somebody out there was also building bikes powered by flat heads. That always seemed somewhat cooler to me.

Still, I don't think I'll be trading my Triumph any time soon!

Some friends of mine were out at the Dragon (Deal's Gap) last week. They brought back lots of stories of Harley's that couldn't get through the turns without dragging parts. Apparently they are scarier than the sport bike guys who haul a$$ because you never know where the cruiser guy will wobble off to.

DonziChris
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Rode the dragon on my aprilia tuono in the rain, can't see doing that on my harley.

MOP
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
I had a buddy send me a shot of a flat head, was sharp as a tack had Offenhauser heads, trip 2 barrel manifold ans bling on every inch!

zelatore
07-10-2008, 10:25 AM
mmmm...tuono....very tastey.

The best part of the shot of Mr. Harley going down above is it's part of a series showing the whole accident. He's going about 10 mph there and still layed it down.

He tried to be a stud and wave to the camera. The bike only slid about 10 feet after he dumped it. Lucky for him, because as you can see he's wearing standard Harley protective gear - the black wife beater t-shirt, a beanie helmet, and jeans. All he's missing is something with fringe to make the outfit complete!

chappy
07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
mmmm...tuono....very tastey.

The best part of the shot of Mr. Harley going down above is it's part of a series showing the whole accident. He's going about 10 mph there and still layed it down.

He tried to be a stud and wave to the camera. The bike only slid about 10 feet after he dumped it. Lucky for him, because as you can see he's wearing standard Harley protective gear - the black wife beater t-shirt, a beanie helmet, and jeans. All he's missing is something with fringe to make the outfit complete!

We get it Donnie G., you don't think highly of Harley's, Harley riders, and how they dress.

zelatore
07-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Actually, I do like some Harley's. I could possibly even see myself buying a RoadKing someday should I decide to go to that style of bike. When it comes to cruiser style, Harley does it better than pretty much anybody else. I'll even admit that some of their technology is better than first glance would have you think, and thier fit and finish levels are quite good too.

And the new XR1200 Street Tracker looks down right appealing even when measured against non-harleys. Too bad they aren't offering it in the states.

But no, I don't have much sympathy for a fool who rides in nothing but a t-shirt and jeans and trashes his bike for lack of riding skill (ooooohhhhh-but he took a hand off the bars to wave.....that's dangerous!)

The biggest problem I have with ever owning a Harley is the Harley Crowd (tm). Even though the bikes are generally pretty good these days, the weekend warrior types who seem to flock to the church of Harley aren't much to my taste.

Yes, there's always exceptions. But unfortunatly the stereotype seems to hold true more often with Brand H than with any other.

I think my father summed it up pretty well. Back in the 60's, he raced Harley's as a flat tracker in the midwest. Now he rides either a Goldwing or Concours while my mother rides an FZ-1. When people ask him why he doesn't get a Harley, his response is 'why would I want one of those?'

He did however name the dog Harley.

zelatore
07-10-2008, 01:13 PM
And how do you know my middle initial is G???

AIRGRADY
07-10-2008, 02:10 PM
That bike rides around here in Naples. New 700+ inch big block with 250 shot of nitrous!!! No blower - all motor.

The guy rides it like he stole it. Huge burnouts every time he leaves the local bars! Its been to the strip with the old big block and kept poping drive belts at the holeshot!

boxy
07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Yup, looks like a Boss Hoss. I never understood the concept other than to put as big a motor as possible in the thing. You know they now offer 350 and 502 versions?
I understand the small block is actually rideable.

A friend of mine has a Boss Hoss 502, I'll try to find some pics of it. It is huge, I'm not sure how you would ride it in traffic.

chappy
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
And how do you know my middle initial is G???

Lucky guess.:wavey:

Sorry about my chitty post, I was just taught that riding is in the heart, it's not what you ride, it's because you ride.
P.S. And the guess wasn't that lucky.:cistineb:

zelatore
07-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Don't worry, I'm an equal opportunity snob. I've got no love for the gixxer-boy crowd in their t-shirts and flip flops either...

Hmmmm....maybe that G stands for 'geezer'. I'm sounding like a crotchety old fart here!

Gawd, just imagine what a PITA I'll be if I buy a Ducati :smash:

zelatore
07-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Not to mention you'll rattle...

Oh yeah, if you're going to ride a Duck you've got to be convinced the dry clutch is a prestige item. I'll be sure to get an open clutch cover to make as much noise as possible.

Clutch aside, you do have to admit a well tuned Duck sounds better than just about anything else on two wheels.

gcarter
07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
He did however name the dog Harley.
That rolls off the tongue much more easily than BMW or MotoGuzzi.:wink:

gcarter
07-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Minxguy just sold his Duc.

CHACHI
07-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Great bike, on the gas or off, NOTHING sounds like a Ducati.
And please don't forget................loud clutches save lives!

Ken

chappy
07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
..........loud clutches save lives!

That produced a coffee spill.:tongue:

Marlin275
07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
It is what you ride
if you can ride it?
On the Today show, Christian Bale said
only one French guy
could ride this Bat Pod
everyone else ended up under it.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37239&d=1216045009

BigGrizzly
07-14-2008, 03:13 PM
It is in the heart, me I like Harleys and almost all motorcycles. My preference is the higher rpm type, but I have owned a Harley or 2.

zelatore
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
And to think I thought the Rocket III was hard to get leaned over due to the fat rear tire....

gcarter
07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
I bet THAT ends up in someones private collection!:eek!:

mike o
07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Rode the dragon on my aprilia tuono in the rain, can't see doing that on my harley.
did the dragon last sept. rode down from top blue ridge- pkway- skyline drive, on a 2000 buell m2 cyclone with friends. hit it on a saturday, cops and bikes everywhere.... lotta great stuff on youtube on the dragon.....

zelatore
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
From what I hear and read, you do not want to ride the dragon on a weekend. The TN cops apparently live to pull bikers over.

I hear it's actually enjoyable during the week when the crowds are gone.