PDA

View Full Version : Boat Run In The Keys

donzi2287
07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Anyone interested in coming down to the upper keys for a fun run? We have hotel, dockage and truck/trailer storage. This is set up at minimal cost. This is a low key and it will be fun, fun, fun!!!!

DON N.
07-10-2008, 09:20 AM
I Was At Marthon In March , Went Out Fishing On My Friends
Center Console I Thought That Was The Prettiest Water I've
Ever Seen .

donzi2287
07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
it is great clear water with the # 2 reef in the world. plus we have lots of restaurants and entertainment by water!! thanks

fegettes
07-10-2008, 08:29 PM
What a bummer for me. I just took my Donzi Sport back to Texas this last weekend, and after what I paid for fuel, towing the boat, it may be a while before I bring it back. I have been running the Keys, Homestead down to Islamorada, the Sandbar, and Key West, both ocean side and bay side, these last two years, and the water is the prettiest of anywhere I have been.

I had lost my contract position here at the Nuclear Plant due to budget problems April 30th and have been preparing myself to relocate. And today, they called and wanted to know if I could come back to work on Monday, go figure. Now, I need my boat back.

Steve

onesubdrvr
07-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Since they are in the process of trying to screw me out of about 16 grand, they can afford a little more work round the place..

According to my atty, I may be the first private citizen to own a nuclear plant.. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
Scott, if you do, let me know, I've got some experience around those things too :wink: :shocking: (explains the 4 girl , 1 boy ratio too :wink:)

Wayne

VetteLT193
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Where in the Keys?

Holiday Isle.

We got a rate of 109 per night non ocean front, 159 per night on the ocean.

If we get 10 boats we have more room for negotiation. Dockage is $3 per foot per night with a 25 foot minimum. I think we can try to work that down. We could also just pull the boats at night, they have a ramp.

We were thinking Holiday isle because it is close to the sandbar to just go out and hang, plus we could run a whole bunch of places. And, we don't have to leave at night because they have everything there that we need.

The people at Holiday isle are excited to host, so this should be fun if we could put it together and get some people going.

Air 22
08-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Man that sounds fun....:wink: A run like that in say Feb or March would be sweet:cool:

sweet 16 1966
09-01-2008, 08:08 AM
"overnight boat show run"
Sounds like the Miami Vice run to Cuba.
I'm sure you mean to stay in the keys.
I have never done a keys run.
Gotta be fun with the beautiful water and local.
Steve- get the gas money outta them on your return with the sport!

Cuda
09-02-2008, 02:46 PM
The best day I've ever spent on the water bar none, was the day we ran from Blackpoint to Islamorada for lunch and back. I think what made it the best, there were seven boats, nobody broke down, and ALMOST nobody ran out of fuel, right Catch?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4827696774749998736
I was the first boat from under the bridge, and I got used to seeing Catch off my stern all day.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EOCY-p-Z0U8
Video coutesy of Chrome Gorilla. I never said I kept him on my stern. You can see me hugging the right side of the channel at the end of the video as he passed me. Notice that Catch is nowhere in the picture frame. :)

ChromeGorilla
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Scott, if you do, let me know, I've got some experience around those things too :wink: :shocking:

Wayne

Wayne.. you and me buddy... :yes: We could do it! Maybe....:biggrin.:

MikeMiller
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey gang...

I have a place in Key Largo now and a client at Plantation Boat Mart. I am there every week!! They have the cheapest marina fuel in the keys! If you are serious about a fun run let me know and I can work up some arrangements! Would love to join you if there is room in a boat!

And yes.... the water is incredible, plenty of food stops and islands to beach on!!!

Keep me posted!

glashole
10-09-2008, 06:08 AM
was thinking of coming down that way around christmas and new years for about a week

if you guys were doing this at that time it would be good to meet some of you

Shea

Budmann
10-09-2008, 06:57 AM
I'M IN!!!! Just post the dates and we be there!!!!

Bud

glashole
10-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Is there any more discussion about this run?

Planetwarmer
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
That sounds fun about now!

donzi2287
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM
I suppose now we should all reply to the Miami boat show run.