PDA

View Full Version : Gold Cup - Detroit

Carl C
07-09-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm leaving for Lake St. Clair and hoping to see some practice for this week-ends Gold Cup. Probably can't get very close though.

Carl C
07-09-2008, 05:08 PM
They're here but no practice until Friday. GAWD! Lake St. Clair was NOT cooperating with a steady diet of 3+ footers. I will be sore tomorrow! I had my first encounter with the Coasties today via a random safety inspection which I passed of course. Got this little paper to prove it, cool, I feel like I've been christened or something.

zelatore
07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Hmmmm....what size boat were the Coasties running there? That looks like the 25' fast response boats they use here in the west, but out here they're powered with a pair of 225 hp Hondas. You're boys look faster with the triple Mercs.

Carl C
07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
I've seen Coastie boats ranging from ships to small run-abouts and helicopters too. This is a large inflatable with 3 (count 'em) big Mercs. Didn't see any big guns but you can bet they were on board.

Carl C
07-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Carl, that hydro was on display when we were there for the Cig20 run..

OK then I wonder where the hydros were. Maybe they don't pull in until the last minute.

boxy
07-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Coasties were running around then too, but since Boxy wasn't with us we didn't get anything more than a lecture from a distance :nilly::boggled: :nilly:

Hey now, I didn't realize Cliffy was at the Cig run ....... :smash: