PDA

View Full Version : oil and props

glashole
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
can you guys recommend the manufacturer and viscosity of oil that a friend of mine should be running in a stock 496 Classic 22

also It has a Bravo 1 drive

what would the best prop be for his application with regards to handling, and performance

just wondering :)

Shea

onesubdrvr
07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
can you guys recommend the manufacturer and viscosity of oil that a friend of mine should be running in a stock 496 Classic 22

also It has a Bravo 1 drive

what would the best prop be for his application with regards to handling, and performance

just wondering :)

Shea
Ohh,.......wiseguy 'eh? :wink:

Like there isn't enough pots of "it" to stir right now anyway :doh:

Gotta Love it :):bonk::popcorn:

But you did forget paint vs. gel, and a myriad of other ones :D
Wayne

BUIZILLA
07-08-2008, 06:37 PM
oh vey.................................

:angel:

gold-n-rod
07-08-2008, 09:12 PM
OK, I'll bite......... Mobil 1 V-twin 20-50. Good stuff. It's what I run in my Donzi. Of course, others will have their own favorites.

This year, I put Valvoline Racing 20-50 (dino oil) in my big boat (see below). It works good, too.

YMMV. :wink:

RedDog
07-09-2008, 08:12 AM
I guess that stock 22 has a windshield? Definitely should take it off. No Donzi purist would have one.

BigGrizzly
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
I am not in for another discussion so I will say for OIL use what is recommended in the owners manual (at this point all name brands are good). as for prop what ever he is comfortable with.

CHACHI
07-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Shea, is this the same guy that has to change out his fuel tank?

Ken

glashole
07-09-2008, 12:13 PM
IT IS ACTUALLY

what is the general concensus with relation to foaming the new tank in?

RedDog
07-09-2008, 12:54 PM
IT IS ACTUALLY

what is the general concensus with relation to foaming the new tank in?

Foaming is very important, but most people screw up and foam the outside of the tank. The foam is needed inside the tank to prevent fuel sloshing and aeration. This also prevents the annoying condition of fuel gauge bounce.

CHACHI
07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Shea, please explain to your buddy that while he is foaming in his new tank(if he decides to go that route) he just as well punch a hole in the center of the deck for the fuel fill.
Also let him know that the new tank may have to be configured differently for the centerfill.

Ken

gcarter
07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
If there's one thing I've learned about our Canadian friends is that they're all wise guys.
In the first place, Shea doesn't have any friends, much less one w/a 22 Classic. LOL :wink: