PDA

View Full Version : Fire extinguisher 22 Classic

srm864
07-08-2008, 09:05 AM
First season with my 1998 Classic and just realized I don't have a fire extinguisher?!?! Where should it be mounted??

RedDog
07-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Mine is mounted just to the right of my right foot on the c**kpit side wall

MOP
07-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Mount it where you can grab it quickly, another good idea is to install what is called a "Fire Port" a fire port is a hole in the fiber glass behind the rear seat with a flap to keep it covered during normal operation, the idea is to pull the seat back flip the flap open and put the fire extinguisher nozzle against the port and fire it off. Surveyors are recommending the port as many boats have exploded as the owners lifted the hatch to fight a fire, what they did was supply the extra oxygen needed for an explosion.

Phil

BigGrizzly
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Just GET ONE!!!

onesubdrvr
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Just GET ONE!!!
I agree,.... though I am boatless now, but the only things I kept from my Ragazza and the X were the fire extinguishers that I bought new to put in them, and the life jackets - the little one likes to wear the life jacket in the pool instead of her swimmies, but won't be much longer and she won't need either.

Wayne

Carl C
07-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Mount it where you can grab it quickly, another good idea is to install what is called a "Fire Port" a fire port is a hole in the fiber glass behind the rear seat with a flap to keep it covered during normal operation, the idea is to pull the seat back flip the flap open and put the fire extinguisher nozzle against the port and fire it off. Surveyors are recommending the port as many boats have exploded as the owners lifted the hatch to fight a fire, what they did was supply the extra oxygen needed for an explosion.

Phil Or you could shoot it into a vent:wink:. But if you're inclined to cut a hole at least line it up with the camshaft and you could do cam swaps without pulling the motor:yippie:. Mine is right up front with the life jackets and other important stuff.

smokediver
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
LOL ... I have one ! Not that i would ever use it .. My butt is jumping in the water ... Boats can be replaced ...:yes::popcorn:

Tidbart
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
I have the automatic style mounted on the firewall. No holes to cut with this type.

B

MOP
07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Carl the port is slightly smaller then the extinguishers outlet so the is no lose, shooting in a vent you will lose a goodly portion. I would want every last puff in the bilge!!!!

mjw930
07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
I have the automatic style mounted on the firewall. No holes to cut with this type.

B

I agree, you should have an automatic in the engine compartment and another within reach of the driver. I mounted mine on the port side just forward of the dash down low by the passenger's feet. I can reach it easily from the drivers seat. I replaced the old, expired Halon canister that was in the engine compartment with a new Fireboy system before I ever got the boat wet.

BigGrizzly
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Bob such a show off. Using this thread to show off your shiny clean bilge without a motor in it. I can't even get my boat that clean:wink:

Dr. Dan
07-09-2008, 08:52 AM

B

:thumbsup:Bob I just love the clean white bilge.... looks great- to me there is no comparison to the Grey and Black or other colors I see in Engine Compartments. Its so much easier to see leaks, find Fasteners and clean up if it INTERLUX, or really anything...just makes a great and Sanitary Presentation.

Looks Good - Real Good!

Doc of Caucasion Bilge Make Up :screwy:

Tidbart
07-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Bob such a show off. Using this thread to show off your shiny clean bilge without a motor in it. I can't even get my boat that clean:wink:

:thumbsup:Bob I just love the clean white bilge.... looks great- to me there is no comparison to the Grey and Black or other colors I see in Engine Compartments. Its so much easier to see leaks, find Fasteners and clean up if it INTERLUX, or really anything...just makes a great and Sanitary Presentation.

Looks Good - Real Good!

Doc of Caucasion Bilge Make Up :screwy:

You guys are just so sweet!:wink::doh: