PDA

View Full Version : 43 ZR In Powerboat-Way To Go Donzi!

Carl C
07-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Nice cover shot and write up on the 43 ZR. Donzi said it would go 100 with relatively tame (for this boat) 700 SCis and that's what it did!

Barry Eller
07-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey Carl, did you notice what they called the paint scheme..."BLACK WIDOW"

The Hedgehog
07-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Beats the hell out of the Deck Boat shootout editions that keep popping up:smash: I was beginning to think that all new boats looked like spaceships and had either 496's or Teague motors.:hangum:

Last Tango
07-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Having just come back from a week in Lake Havasu (where all these mags do their testing) you would think from all the manufacturers there that deck boats are the ONLY thing that people want. I'm so sick and tired of fancy fiberglass "pontoon" boats, that work on flat water only! Every one of the SoCal/Lake Havasu builders has 6 different permutations of a "performance" deck boat. At first it seemed like a novelty. Now I'm just sick of seeing them.

What I DID see that turned me on over and over was the Nordic THOR 27. I've never been a catamaran guy, but these things are beautiful in the flesh. Pixs on their website and in the January HOT BOAT magazine write-up don't do it justice. Maybe I'm just blinded by infatuation right now.

Tom A.
07-10-2008, 02:14 PM
That 43 was the Miami Boat Show boat and I got a good look at it up close. Donzi definitely went over the top with that boat and I hope it is a prelude of what is to come. The fit and finish was near flawless and the attention to details was top notch.

blackhawk
07-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Having just come back from a week in Lake Havasu (where all these mags do their testing) you would think from all the manufacturers there that deck boats are the ONLY thing that people want. I'm so sick and tired of fancy fiberglass "pontoon" boats, that work on flat water only!

I'm not a fan either but SOME of those deck boats have some bad-azz hulls underneath them that tear through the snot!

The ZR was the best looking boat IMO.

Carl C
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Beats the hell out of the Deck Boat shootout editions that keep popping up:smash: I was beginning to think that all new boats looked like spaceships and had either 496's or Teague motors.:hangum: lol. I agree. Read the letter on page 20 of the same issue:

"You guys kill me. Do you even listen to your readers? Every time you print a deck-boat roundup, we scream. We don't care how fast they go. We don't care how well they are built or how colorful they are or how many people they seat or how popular they are on the West Coast. Deck boats are not the kind of performance boats we want to read about. How hard is that to understand? There must be real offshore boats that you guys are missing. You do a good job with those boats so stick to that. Otherwise you'll become the 'West Coast's Leading Performance Boating Magazine'. Listen to your readers and stick with your core, guys.":smash: