PDA

View Full Version : Pre-launch Inspections on Lk Norman

justleft
07-06-2008, 03:06 PM
This is the first time I have ever seen this.

This weekend the various water cops are doing safety inspections
at the ramps before you can launch !

My buddy got sent away for out of date flares. The cop told him that
he was doing him a favor by saving him from getting a ticket on the water.

I pulled out of line and follow my friend to another ramp. No inpections there.

Man there were some pissed off folks !!!

BUIZILLA
07-06-2008, 03:55 PM
at Black Point on Friday, there were no less than 13 uniformed officer's on patrol on land, not including 4-5 Marine Patrol on hand in the canal... :hangum:

at Matheson yesterday, I quit counting at 8 officers and cars, and at least 2 more Homeland Security personnel that were standing on the piers I was on across the inlet with radio's... virtually every boat launching got an *inspection*, a few were turned away... this didn't count the USCG Aux. personnel on hand either... :eek:

I have NEVER seen this type of *presence* around here...

DonziJon
07-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Hate to pile on but here's what transpired on Lake Winni, NH this weekend. There was a boating death...a few weeks ago (2:00AM) on the lake, so the "Force" was out in force this weekend. Watching this Forum (below) might be a good thing to do to keep up to date on the ......"Pulse" out there. Anybody know what a "GFBL" is? Thats us: "Go Fast Be Loud". They are really after the BIG boats, but we are targets as well. :( John

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6348

OH Wait: They're grabbing Toon Boats as well. Nobody is safe.

BigGrizzly
07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I went out Friday and Saturday and was almost hit twice. Once by a PWC and then hv a Tuber that was driving backwards- in the channel. I have seen some really dumb stuff atr the ramps. As much as I hate being inspected on a big holiday it is a good thing. People stay ut at night to see the fire works, so police check lights , fire extinguishers etc. Most of the night accidents on these lakes are because of NO lights.

widowmaker
07-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Where were you launching on Lake Norman?

justleft
07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
It was Ramsey Creek on sat morning. We towed over to Blythe
and there were no inspections going on but sure were a bunch
uniforms hanging out.

Towed out early to beat the thunder storms and get away from the idiots. What a zoo !!!!

There was some big blue cruiser pulling 3 little kids and big dog on a huge tube in the busiest part of the lake.
He was weaving back and forth, several boats had to swerve to keep from getting hit or running over the tube. What a moron !!!!!!!!

The paper said DUI's were way up do to increased patrols and more folks just sitting and drinking.