PDA

View Full Version : Beast is awakening

The Hedgehog
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Hmmm. I have never seen a dash like this on a 26. Things are getting interesting. Dial in time

BigGrizzly
07-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I like your dash. BTW that LOWRANCE has a bunch of NEMA functions such as fuel used, miles per gallon etc. I put it on my boat. However since you probably have a tank return it probably won't work but it is worth a try, call them and ask. I use it because my gas gage sucks. Even the expensive sensors are poor.

CJmike
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I suggest hooking up the coil, it will make it easier to start.:crossfing:

Looks bling.:shocking:

MOP
07-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Can't wait for your results! I am sure it will be more then worth the effort and time sure looking good!

osur866
07-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Looking sweet Bill looking sweet! Now go buy some of that $5 a gallon gas :confused: and let her fly! Have fun dailing her in Steve

LKSD
07-04-2008, 12:54 AM
looks good.. :) Jamie

The Hedgehog
07-04-2008, 09:02 AM
I like your dash. BTW that LOWRANCE has a bunch of NEMA functions such as fuel used, miles per gallon etc. I put it on my boat. However since you probably have a tank return it probably won't work but it is worth a try, call them and ask. I use it because my gas gage sucks. Even the expensive sensors are poor.

Thanks Griz

It does have some cool functions. I really had no idea when I started fooling with it. I am trying to figure out some of it.

This engine hits a monster lick. I am glad I got rid of the internal flappers. There is no way they would make it.

MOP
07-04-2008, 09:10 AM
So when :drive::checkered::checkered:

BigGrizzly
07-04-2008, 09:24 AM
When you start working with it it gets easier. The made the hookups for lay people. It is as easy as hooking up a volt meter. The team that did this had their heads on straight and the priority's set. Plus the sensors are way cheaper than others on the market. Good luck. BTW if i was going to do it again I would still do it with the Lowrance setup again.

The Hedgehog
07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
It ran 80 at 52% power and 5,000 rpm with a 30" Bravo.

It is running rich so Eddie took out some fuel and is going to a 32".

MOP
07-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you will be knocking on triple digits, you may need darker shorts.

We wait as the dial turns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hedgehog
07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Too rough out today.

The boat runs hard to 87 and then John hit some side wakes. It handled the first two well and then started walking a good bit. It was still accelerating hard. It ran like on rails until it encountered the rough water.

It likes a 32 Bravo so far. I will need to try a whole myriad of props.

My guess is that it will do 95 with no problem on the current setup. Not too bad for no planes and an out of the box prop.

Max speed will be for special occasions.

The goal has been accomplished. I wanted a boat that would run along at 70 and then pull hard to 85. It does a good bit more than that.

chappy
07-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Be sure to have someone take pics of everyone's faces on board the 30+ foot deep vees when you walk away....... :propeller:

BUIZILLA
07-04-2008, 05:22 PM
CenterHill was rough? :nilly:

The Hedgehog
07-04-2008, 11:55 PM
CenterHill was rough? :nilly:

It is probably not,

but then I am not there either. Tex and I are at Nickajack lake.

The dialing in earlier today was done by Eddie Young and John Hamrick at Old Hickory.

Eddie, Tex and I had it out on Nickajack this afternoon. I will get some more seat time tomorrow. As John put it, that boat is a caged animal.

Nickajack is nice. Tex dusted off a Fountain 35 today. The guy came out and ran him down. He did not find what he was seeking.

We have a guy with us with a 115+ mph cat. We are not worthy.

Last Real Texan
07-05-2008, 07:57 AM
The 26 ZX Bill has done really gets it done and in a hurry.

He has done a fantastic job with it and I cant wait to see what it really does with a 32.

I believe he now has the fastest, quickest and most up to date 26 ZX in the country...quite a feat in itself. Ther are going to be a whole ton of people that want to run his 65 MPH stocker scratching there heads when they get pulled by the 90 plus rocket...look out he is coming.

Great job Bill, oh by the way do you think I could get some Carbon Fiber covers for my trim rams?

Tex