PDA

View Full Version : GCarter, Central FLA guys....

boxy
07-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Does this seem like a half decent deal?

http://www.myvacationhome.ca/details.html

We are thinking about taking our 2 girls the Land of the Mouse in November, and the owner of this house is local to me.

Thanks

gcarter
07-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Steve, I didn't see a price on it, also, there's an address but no town.
Give me a little more info and I can tell you more.

gcarter
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Duh!
Sorry, didn't go far enough down the availability page.
Located in Citrus Ridge, used to be part of Clermont.
That area is at the southern end of our territory. What Poodle said about pricing.
Probably about 15-20 minutes from the Disney property.
Nice having your own larger place to stay.

Did you know Disney has all inclusive packages? Only diference in price is level of accomodations you choose. Some folks find the convenience worth it.

boxy
07-02-2008, 08:34 PM
We've looked at some of all-inclusive packages, but I think a house may work out better. My folks are looking at renting it for a couple of weeks, then having my family, then my sister's fly in. The thought being one location for a couple, three weeks, and some room to escape the Kingdom when we need to. :D
As I looked a little further, there seems to be lots of comparable house a little closer.

George, I'll definetly pick your brain as things start to firm up.

Now i just need to explain why I want to fly into Ft. Lauderdale/Miami then drive North ..... :D

BUIZILLA
07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
smart move...

Cuda
07-03-2008, 01:42 AM
If it's not far from Clermont, it's not far from DW. When we did that Lowes in Clermont last year, if I wasn't paying attention, I'd drive right past the exit on the 421 toll road coming out of Apopka, and I think two exits down, is the mouse exit.

ChromeGorilla
07-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Boxy... great idea..
the last couple years my folks have been taking vacations and doing the home rental thing. A few different time on a few different lakes for some early spring waterskiing. Generaly it turns out to be a great deal.

Hell, they even started to rent out their mountain home in the Adirondaks now to skiers.

gcarter
07-05-2008, 10:23 AM
As I looked a little further, there seems to be lots of comparable house a little closer.
Steve, one thing to notice is according to the availability calender the house doesn't seem to be over used.
Like some of the close in Hotels off the Disney property, they're rented every night of the year. The carpet never gets cleaned, and proper maintenance is never done. Nothing worse than appliances that don't work right and leaky toilets with loose seats. I don't know, but I would imagine the closer comps you mentioned might fall into the same catagory.
If this house is as good as it seems, the extra 10 minutes might be worth it.