PDA

View Full Version : The Minx lives...

cutwater
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Got the Minx wet for the first time this year! Took it for a late evening run to Lakeside Tavern, one of our nicer restaurants here in Knoxville. At least I made it to the water before July! :smash: I think switching to the crossover and getting the new manifolds and risers cured the exhaust melting problem. Thanks to everyone for their help, there are too many people to list but especially Scott (MP), George, Vette, and Phil. I thought I would never be done turnin wrenches on that problem!

RedDog
07-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Glad to hear you are back on the water. We will have to meet up sometime.

VetteLT193
07-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Got the Minx wet for the first time this year! Took it for a late evening run to Lakeside Tavern, one of our nicer restaurants here in Knoxville. At least I made it to the water before July! :smash: I think switching to the crossover and getting the new manifolds and risers cured the exhaust melting problem. Thanks to everyone for their help, there are too many people to list but especially Scott (MP), George, Vette, and Phil. I thought I would never be done turnin wrenches on that problem!

At least you beat me to the water. Another few weeks and I might be there. :crossfing:

Are we going to talk you into homecoming in Destin this year?

MOP
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Good to hear you got it wet, enjoy your summer!

Phil

cutwater
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
At least you beat me to the water. Another few weeks and I might be there. :crossfing:

Are we going to talk you into homecoming in Destin this year?

Unfortunately I am pretty much done traveling for this year. My "out west" trip did me in! Next year I am planning on making it to AOTH and maybe one more event... could be Homecoming, who knows...

BigGrizzly
07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Welcome back.

cutwater
07-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Got some quality time with the Minx Friday night. Took the Tennessee river up to Knoxville's July 4th celebration with some friends. Yes, I did raft up with my buddy who has a Bayliner... On the positive side, we saw Albert Haynesworth driving MOJO. Pretty awesome sight.

I was sportin' some DonziShop apparel. The water cops were actually very appreciative of the boat and we chatted while I was waiting to be seated at our restaurant. Talk about drawing attention to yourself - a loud, bright red boat and a t-shirt that screams 'I'm the owner'... :doh:

RedDog
07-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Sorry I missed you. I ended up running up the river earlier in the day. MOJO was docked at the time.

PS - how was the restaurant (Bridgewater Grill ???). Last time I went it was sub-par

cutwater
07-07-2008, 09:11 AM
We ended up eating at Calhoun's because BridgeView was closed for the day. I did eat there Saturday though. I do not understand how Bridgeview stays in business - the food is sometimes good but not consistent, and it is never busy. Whereas Calhoun's is always packed, and they're only a few hundred yards from each other.