PDA

View Full Version : My Bling burned my carpet!

The Hedgehog
06-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I was doing some work on the X-18 today. I left it for a while and came back to a little melted carpet right next to the drivers seat. I really scratched my head for a while and wondered what I had left that melted into the carpet. I noticed that it was very bright and noticed that a reflection off my wheel was burning it. The angle and focus point was working like a magnifying glass.

Anyone else had this happen?

f_inscreenname
06-28-2008, 04:05 PM
20+ years in flooring and never saw that before. You better watch out. As the sun changes angle it will burn a path across your floor.

Sure you didnt spill something?

The Hedgehog
06-28-2008, 05:07 PM
20+ years in flooring and never saw that before. You better watch out. As the sun changes angle it will burn a path across your floor.

Sure you didnt spill something?

The spill was my first thought. No it was the sun. And it was burning a path. I was trying to figure it out and it burned my finger.

Carl C
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
That's F'n crazy!:eek!::kaioken:

DonziJon
06-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Freakin GLOBAL WARMING. Lets face it. :hangum:

Donzi LG
06-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Hedge you've taken bling to the next level. It not only looks hot it IS hot!! :shocking:

Conquistador_del_mar
06-28-2008, 07:07 PM
I was doing some work on the X-18 today. I left it for a while and came back to a little melted carpet right next to the drivers seat. I really scratched my head for a while and wondered what I had left that melted into the carpet. I noticed that it was very bright and noticed that a reflection off my wheel was burning it. The angle and focus point was working like a magnifying glass.

Anyone else had this happen?

Watch the burn path!! If it starts heading towards your area of responsibility, you might want to move before it melts your trunks into your manhood - lol. :shocking:
I have never heard of such a thing, but if the parabolics of the wheel were just right, I guess it makes sense. Bill

The Hedgehog
06-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Tried out LH props today. My boat loves them! That means that I can put the final touches on my throttle and will be mostly done (if that is possible). I can now post pics of my completed dash. I will do that in the am along with pics of the carpet.

Last Real Texan
06-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Well I guess you can have too much bling....Hey are you getting ready for the big Splash on Sunday? bet you wont be able to sleep tonight.
I hope you rented Star Wars to watch tonight to freshen up on some technique.....Mr Chinewalker.
Tex

The Hedgehog
06-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Well I guess you can have too much bling....Hey are you getting ready for the big Splash on Sunday? bet you wont be able to sleep tonight.
I hope you rented Star Wars to watch tonight to freshen up on some technique.....Mr Chinewalker.
Tex

Mr Chinewalker is about right. Will I need 24 or 30 inch training wheels? I am hoping it is only 24's Eddie seems to think that they will be enough. I know that it is not exactly the same hull but I was thrilled to know that you can knock on 90 and keep yours under control.

The prop testing on the x -18 went very well (more on that later). I was so happy (and miffed about the carpet) that I did not bother Eddie today to get a progress update.

Last Real Texan
06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Mr Chinewalker is about right. Will I need 24 or 30 inch training wheels? I am hoping it is only 24's Eddie seems to think that they will be enough. I know that it is not exactly the same hull but I was thrilled to know that you can knock on 90 and keep yours under control.
The prop testing on the x -18 went very well (more on that later). I was so happy (and miffed about the carpet) that I did not bother Eddie today to get a progress update.
understood but knocking on triple digits may be a whole new ball game.......just use the force ....
congrats on the prop testing.....the burn mark sounds like a case for mythbusters

Tex

penbroke
06-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Could it be too much bling??

Frank :lookaroun:

Cuda
06-29-2008, 03:51 AM
I've never heard of that either, that is a first for me. When I first starting reading this thread, I was thinking brake fluid.

BUIZILLA
06-29-2008, 06:15 AM
i've seen it happen

more than once

one time in particular, I was working as a jet engine mech at the airport in '77ish and there was a rag drum next to the hangar, on the upper outside corner of the hanger was a huge mirror so the pilots could judge the tarmac stopping point, in the right reflection the sun hit the mirror and reflected to the rag drum and POOF, up in flames it went :shocking: :nilly:

BigGrizzly
06-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Well for once you had the hotted bling item on Donzi net

MOP
06-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Call the company have them issue a "Manly Health Warning" sun castration could be a horrible death!:shocking::shocking:

LKSD
06-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Thats nutz! Who woulda thought ..

VetteLT193
06-29-2008, 02:19 PM
--Bling--
1997 - 2008

R.I.P.

:doh: