PDA

View Full Version : Two Days On Lake Huron......

Carl C
06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
.....with my little 22 foot off-shore boat:propeller:. I had a blast, great weather. Tuesday the water was awesome, varying from near calm to 1-2 foot chop so I made a run from Oscoda to Port Austin and Grindstone City. I snapped a few pics of the Port Austin Reef Light but they aren't too good because the lighting was wrong and you can't get too close to it. I idled in untill the depth sounder said 10 feet and got the hell away from it! Gassed up at Port Austin and went over to check out Grindstone City. Wednesday was a little rougher with 3 footers so no long cruises but I went down to Tawas Bay and a few little runs out into the open water. Lake Huron rocks:band:and I am liking my new chartplotter.:cool:

Sam
06-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Sounds like you made some tracks, I've made those runs many times..............great fun in good weather :eek!:. How did you like the bay ?

chappy
06-26-2008, 01:05 PM
That first pic is sharp.:checkered:

Carl C
06-26-2008, 01:07 PM
How did you like the bay ? Saginaw or Tawas? Didn't go into Saginaw Bay. There wasn't much going on at Tawas Bay. There isn't much of anything on Lake Huron week-days. If I flipped out there and couldn't find the vhf I'd be in trouble, not as much trouble as the ocean though. I will venture further and further, you know, baby steps. With the equipment on board now crossing Lake Huron at the widest part is within the realm of reality! Even cruising at 50 mph to conserve gas it doesn't take long to get places.