View Full Version : Lake Winnipesaukee's Annual Poker Run

donzinh
06-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Event Schedule
NO ENTRY FEE - ONE POKER HAND PER BOAT
Friday - July 25th 7:00pm ****tails at Naswa (Weirs Beach) - Meet and Greet

Saturday - 10:00am - Drivers Meeting - Naswa Beach Docks
11:00am - Poker Run - Return to Naswa after the race
6:00pm - Cookout - Samoset Club House Gilford-NH (DOCKS NOT AVAILABLE - PLEASE COME BY CAR) Bring food you want cooked on grill and in oven.

Sunday -12:00 noon - Relaxing at the sandbar (Small Cove in West Alton)

CONTACT INFORMATION: GEORGE CULOTTA 603-234-6294 gculotta@mandmconstructionservices.com

Please note that there is no speed limit on the lake. The Bill has not been signed by the Govenor and if he does it would take effect January 1st 2009. The Govenor of New Hampshire has expressed interest in participating in our event and has been working with Ric Perreault.

If you need any hotel information please contact George Culotta.
Dr. Dan will be setting up his clothing line and has lots of new items.

Look forward to seeing you there.

George Culotta

Air 22
06-26-2008, 11:16 PM
The Bravo Boyz will be launching YELLOW FEVER the 496HO Eating Machine :drive:on Thursday July 24th. ETA with the Silver Fox is WED 23rd 12:00Zulu at Camp 1....:cool: This after a intoxicating few days in Saratoga Springs, NY running 1 1/2 mile track with the Thoroughbred's of Saratoga...:nilly:
Looking fwd to seeing the HP525 of The Silver Fox come to Life...:smash::) and super time on Lake Winni with many great folks...The Bravo Boyz are ready and will be in rare form..:shocker:.:nilly::alky::drinkbeer::beer:.... .:drunk:.....:rock:

Dr. Dan
06-29-2008, 02:07 PM
:wavey:OK...well so to those of you that have never been to Winni, and to those of you that have, to those of you who just went to Lake George for your first DustOff... ya really have to try to make the Trek to Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire.

http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/

This is the Lake in "What About Bob, this is also the Lake in on Golden Pond.... and its a Book end Event to the DustOff. This year at Lake George we had some folks from Winni travel southwest to visit.... so ya need to get to Lake Winni for a completely different Event.

The beauty of Lake Winni is that it has several waterfront Villages to visit and lunch in... great little raft up places and a varied Night Life.:pimptwo: The majority of folks launch and retrieve their boats from Ames Farms, its an old orchard that has a Turn of the Century feel ... kind of a place that time forgot. Little Cabins along the beach, random Hot Chicks dancing in the sun trying to ignore the adolescent boys chasing them... Random Guys trying to be cool by not paying attention to the Girls... ah yes... Summer!! :band:

Families have been coming there for generations..... bring the Kids, Bring your Wife, bring your Girlfriend or Mistress... bring your MILF or your DILF... just get your proactive buns in the Sun in New Hampshire the week of July 25th.

A myriad of personalities shine in the Sun... many even bring their own boats... many freeload off those of us that do... but its all good... because the Lake is a haven for Donzis... the smart Folks arrive early... take in the sights and hang with the truly cool people.:screwy:

If you have never been and or if ya missed Lake George... Manchester Airport is but an hour and 15 minutes South of the Lake. So you can shoot in and leave before she even knows you left for the weekend.

Come see the Whipple Charged Scorpion that now breaks 100 mph, come see Rick Perrault buzz the shoreline after he lectures everyone to stay in the center of the Lake.... watch George Culotta break in his new HP525 in his 22 Classic... yes his 4th Engine configuration... that has to be some sort of Record. I am pretty sure he is knocking on the $100,000 Invested Club with his Donzi...:smash:

Watch Dwight Drama unfold in front of your very eyes... listen to fireside tails of days gone by of the Original Winni Bandits. :thewave:

Meet the One and only "Bull Hamsta" and get his autograph. :clap:

www.naswa.com www.christmasresort.com www.amesfarminn.com

www.greystoneinn-nh.com www.bpmotel.com

We've been kicked out of most of the places listed above....so tell them you're with the Dance Company from Ashtabula or something.

Bring your own SunBlock, bring your Wallet and a couple of Blank Checks... cause the Atlantic Coast Group will be looking to sell you even more Gear to support the Event.

Any questions call me or post them here...

Doc of Banditos Resurectus :spongebob:

undertaker
06-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Undertaker & Crew will be there coming in on Wednesday...staying @ Ames Farms...see ya then:):):):)

Undertaker:propeller:

PS Doc, Lake Winni was NOT the lake On Golden Pond, IT WAS SQAUM LAKE, just for future reference:):):smash::smash::nilly::nilly:

Air 22
06-30-2008, 12:47 PM
BOXY....For Winni I will be sending my company G-5 :thumbsup:to pick you and another order of Maple Sugar Candy from the Great White North. That stuff is incredible:nilly::wink: Looking fwd to yet another Great Donzi Event:beer::drinkbeer::alky::woot:

Air 22
06-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Undertaker & Crew will be there coming in on Wednesday...staying @ Ames Farms...see ya then:):):):)
Undertaker:propeller:
PS Doc, Lake Winni was NOT the lake On Golden Pond, IT WAS SQAUM LAKE, just for future reference:):):smash::smash::nilly::nilly:
Ed... its S Q U A M Lake just to be politically correct....lol :smash:
Just refer Doc and his banter:alky: as Kimo Squamy:biggrin::eek:

undertaker
06-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Ed its S Q U A M Lake just to be politically correct....lol :smash:
Just refer Doc and his banter:alky: as Kimo Squamy:biggrin::eek:

:):):):):)

undertaker
07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
How about a roll call for folks attending this event.....:):)maybe we can get some new blood to attend this event:):):):)

I will start...

Ed, Kim & Tyler
arriving Wednesday leaving Sunday
RED 22 classic (very slow with no external hydraulic steering):lookaroun::):nilly:

Dr. Dan
07-02-2008, 07:37 PM
:smash:Non Running :doh:22 Classic with a dated color scheme... way too South Beach.

Laudee Friggin Da :lame2:

Doc & TBD Guest(s) :spongebob::wavey::pimptwo:

boxy
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
BOXY....For Winni I will be sending my company G-5 :thumbsup:to pick you and another order of Maple Sugar Candy from the Great White North. That stuff is incredible:nilly::wink: Looking fwd to yet another Great Donzi Event:beer::drinkbeer::alky::woot:

There is a grass Glider strip about 5 minutes from my house. Think you can set it down there ???? :propeller: :propeller:

I have spent time with the Bull Hamsta and lived to tell about it.
Add Don Ratto to the mix, and it's a once in a lifetime event that can be best described as Apocolypse Now meets Robin Leach.... Team TSL was born that weekend.

Looks like I am out this year, but it is everything the good Doctor describes and more. :beer:

Don't miss this event if you can help it.

Air 22
07-02-2008, 08:14 PM
The Bravo Boyz are in:beer::alky::drinkbeer::thumbsup:..arriving Wed or Thursday:drive:

Dr. Dan
07-03-2008, 09:14 PM
:spongebob:OK so we understand about the Bravo Boyz who have an unusual affinity for hanging together & Prop Swapping? :eek!: Not that there is anything wrong with that...I am not here to judge LifeStyle Choices...

But other than Dwight - who has told us in no less than 40 posts that he's likely gonna show up - cuz he has to post and respond to virtually any post with his name attached, I am thinking of changing his name to Phil?:tase:

Other likely peeps to attend are:
George Culotta & his new 525 EFI powered 22 Classic
Donnie & his Smokin Testa
Rick Perrault & whatever he wants to bring
Pete & Mo - 22 Zx & Crew
Ed & Kim - 22 Incinerator Edition
Bob Haver & his "Friendly Friend" - Dwighty the DILF & Yellow Fever
Kenny Lessard & His New Rooster Tail
Pilot Guy & his 22(not AirBoy)
Scott Pearson & New Victim w the Great Pumpkin
Tom Davis & Borrowed Boat - X-18 w a Hawk
Dodge Dealer Chic with her 26Zx
Hammering Hank & his Whippled 28Zx (Chase Boat)
Doc & the Blue Venom King Cobra
Cliff & the Black Critter

I know there will be more... but who's counting .... always fun...if ya can make it...come up a few days early the best boating is early... the Patrol Men can practice on you and give you tickets so Culotta and I can run free...

Doc of Independence Day :smash::thewave::salute::thumbsup:

DON N.
07-04-2008, 10:08 AM
HI DOC,
HEADING TO THE FARM MONDAY ON THE 21ST FOR THE WEEK . I THINK THE
BRAVO BOY'S ARE GOING TO FEED THE PONIES @ SARATOGA , SO THEY WILL BE HERE THURSDAY IF THEY HAVE ANY GAS MONEY LEFT . WONDER WHAT THE COOK OFF THEME WILL BE THIS YEAR ? WONDER IF ARE OLD GUARD DOG :shark: ( THE BOAT LAUNCH ) SURVIVED THE WINTER . :drinkbeer:

Air 22
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Doc..I will render your last post as a result of having to much Gas, Indigestion and Reckelss Banter:shocker::tase:...Remember U and I will be Polishing yet another gallon of SKY at the Sandbar..:alky: Buck up and be ready Ole Boy...:beer::bighug:

Dr. Dan
07-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Doc..I will render your last post as a result of having to much Gas, Indigestion and Reckelss Banter:shocker::tase:...Remember U and I will be Polishing yet another gallon of SKY at the Sandbar..:alky: Buck up and be ready Ole Boy...:beer::bighug:

:smash:Who you calling Old? You're catching up Bucket Breath... Happy Birthday BTW.

Doc of Momentary Lapse of Reason :happy_bi:

boxy
07-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Just send the candy and the ceeeegars please sir...

Check above the Driver's side visor in Doc's Urban Assault Vehicle. I do believe there might be a Cuban Refugee hiding there ....... :D :D

Air 22
07-05-2008, 05:32 PM
A Lake Winni Sand Bar visual.....:alky::fam::flash:

Dr. Dan
07-10-2008, 06:47 AM
:smash: Well the 24th of July is only 2 weeks from now... so who's gonna make the Trek to Winnie.

Always a great time and the Dinner Saturday Night has started to Rival the Banquet at the Awakenings.... so bring your appetite and your Signature Dish to share. Culotta is sure to have some Smoked Meat to satisfy the most particular Carnivores!

:angel:Everyone promises to Drive Slow and keep their Donzis real quite - NOT!:tase:

So for those of you that are still sitting on the fence - get off and make your reservations....

Remember the best times are the Sand Bar Dementia :doh: that occurs prior to the Event.... usually on Thursday and Fridays - with the Famous Lunch Runs to Wolf Boro - and beating the Thunder Storms in the afternoon.... ahhh yes.... I remember - not remembering the afternoon before? :alky::drinkbeer::pimptwo:

Getting yelled at by the Dock Master at Ames Farms - because he can!

Finding a parking Spot in the great Ames Farm Orchard and National Wet Lands Preserve - they call the Boat Parking Area. Realizing that having a 4 x 4 Tow Vehicle comes in handy when ya go retrieve the Trailer.

Putting Sun Block on "Smoke Divers " Donzi Girl as she bakes in the Sun - Hmmmm yep that sucked - especially the Melting Ice Cube Part - that was a horrible task. :pimptwo:

Wondering if you see Clint Black in his underwear, only to discover its Dwight wearing a Black Cowboy Hat and Shorts with Cowboy Boots - :eek:

Discovering that Donny N. doesn't really own an Anchor capable of securing anything larger than a Jet Ski.

Tom Davis doesn't ever drive his own boat - its alot cheaper this way....

Scorpions sometimes carry Flourescent Bikini Eye Candy...:clap::thewave:

Rick Perrault will Buzz the Shoreline no matter how many Safety Lectures he gives to the contrary every single year!!!!! :drive:

:angel:Yep its a sickness to be sure in a setting that is truly breathtaking... make the trip - it will be at least a memorable experience not soon forgotten.

Remember Manchester AirPort is only an hour South so Fly in and ride -

Be there or be square!!!

Doc of Dementia Dribble :salute::beer::worthy::wavey:

DON N.
07-10-2008, 09:12 AM
DOC, SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FIGURING OUT HOW I KEEP THE WEIGHT IN
THE BOAT DOWN . BY THE WAY I'VE BEEN SEEING TEAL DOCK LINES
HANGING AROUND YOUR NOT MISSING ANY ARE YOU ? :drinkbeer: :fam:

Air 22
07-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Last Year's Thirsty Crew at the Sand Bar...:alky::thumbsup:
2nd Pic is the Event Instigator in one of his various postions:doh::biggrin:
3rd Pic Doc trying to sell Mr. Black a Black towel....:smash:

Tom Davis
07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
You are all right! On Golden Pond was filmed in various locations in the NH lakes region, Squam Lake, a few coves on Winni, and other location shots on Lake Wentworth (I was there when they were filming). Just to set the record straight.

Kim & I will be up in Wolfeboro from the 19th to the 27th on vacation so if you come up early give me a call (603-569-3195 my lake house).

Looking froward to seeing all our Donzi friends, Lake George was great this year and Winni should be great as well. I heard rumor even Pierson will make an appearance.

Tom Davis
Winni Bandit

Dr. Dan
07-10-2008, 08:55 PM
DOC, SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FIGURING OUT HOW I KEEP THE WEIGHT IN
THE BOAT DOWN . BY THE WAY I'VE BEEN SEEING TEAL DOCK LINES
HANGING AROUND YOUR NOT MISSING ANY ARE YOU ? :drinkbeer: :fam:

Yes I might be missing some lines... its pathetic... supposed to get the Boat back this weekend... heading to New York on Saturday... then maybe test it out on Sunday.

Should have a new SONY installed with some of the other "little mechanical issues" I got repaired.

Tom as it appears now I should be in town sometime by Wednesday late morning...have to confirm what Jorge' schedule is before I get too agressive.

I have your cell and I'll program the Lake House Number...

Looking Forward to it....

Doc :eek!:

Air 22
07-19-2008, 10:28 PM
What excessive boating beer and babes will do to you on Winni da Poo...:doh::nilly::beer::drunk::rock::shocker:..:t humbsup:
Come on ALL...make the voyage to Winni..its a blast...:wink:
And... u might just see a couple of kool things while u r here...:)

smokediver
07-20-2008, 07:10 AM
where is the great catching the football action shot, air ?

roadtrip se
07-20-2008, 11:42 AM
I find that shot of Dwight in a cowboy hat to be completely and totally wrong...
Note to self; smack him cross side the head next time I see him, which just might be next weekend.

Checked in at Ames a few moments ago and there are still three rooms available for Wednesday-Saturday.
I'll make up my mind in the AM, but the 18 is ready to go North and then East from Kentucky... and a roadtrip seems in order.

Air 22
07-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I find that shot of Dwight in a cowboy hat to be completely and totally wrong...
Note to self; smack him cross side the head next time I see him, which just might be next weekend.
Checked in at Ames a few moments ago and there are still three rooms available for Wednesday-Saturday.
I'll make up my mind in the AM, but the 18 is ready to go North and then East from Kentucky... and a roadtrip seems in order.

Bring it Tripper:drive:... u slow poke:tase:...:smash::biggrin:..I'm trying on an 18 myself for the weekend...your evil twin will enlighten us all with his antic's...:doh:
Bravo One and myself of course will be part of any problem with no solution or possible answer to anything...only that alchohol helps in most situations:alky::beer:
However..you must take us seriously because we actually know everything about nothing in general. C u there:crossfing::wavey:

BTW...I have a Cowboy hat Just 4 U!!:pimp::kingme::sombrero:

mike o
07-21-2008, 08:31 AM
:spongebob:OK so we understand about the Bravo Boyz who have an unusual affinity for hanging together & Prop Swapping? :eek!: Not that there is anything wrong with that...I am not here to judge LifeStyle Choices...

But other than Dwight - who has told us in no less than 40 posts that he's likely gonna show up - cuz he has to post and respond to virtually any post with his name attached, I am thinking of changing his name to Phil?:tase:

Other likely peeps to attend are:
George Culotta & his new 525 EFI powered 22 Classic
Donnie & his Smokin Testa
Rick Perrault & whatever he wants to bring
Pete & Mo - 22 Zx & Crew
Ed & Kim - 22 Incinerator Edition
Bob Haver & his "Friendly Friend" - Dwighty the DILF & Yellow Fever
Kenny Lessard & His New Rooster Tail
Pilot Guy & his 22(not AirBoy)
Scott Pearson & New Victim w the Great Pumpkin
Tom Davis & Borrowed Boat - X-18 w a Hawk
Dodge Dealer Chic with her 26Zx
Hammering Hank & his Whippled 28Zx (Chase Boat)
Doc & the Blue Venom King Cobra
Cliff & the Black Critter

I know there will be more... but who's counting .... always fun...if ya can make it...come up a few days early the best boating is early... the Patrol Men can practice on you and give you tickets so Culotta and I can run free...

Doc of Independence Day :smash::thewave::salute::thumbsup:
Hi, thinking about playing hookie and hooking -up for some best early boating thurs-fri. Since folks are stayin in different places... wheres the morning rendezvous spot thurs -fri? Pulling the 16 out of squam. can put in anywhere down there...

Dr. Dan
07-21-2008, 09:10 AM
:smash: I keep my Teal Striped 22 @ Ames Farms - so we normally launch there...as do quites a few others that are there early... we normally do not stir before 10am at the earliest... my cell is 717-512-3656 I stay up at the Samoset Condos just up the hill from Ames heading towards Laconia.

We will likely do a lunch run to Merideth or Wolfboro on Thursday.... then come back over to the Sand Bar along eastern run up to Alton Bay...there will be at least 6 Donzis there by Thursday maybe more..

Talk Soon

Doc Of Winnified Bandits :wink:

mike o
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks, I figure somthin out. I taken the 16 (midweek) sometimes to the meredith town ramp (7 miles) and play on winni, which I am not to familar with honestly. I can leave the boat at the meredith town docks at nite (they might give you a $10 parking ticket ). But the antique boat show is going on this weekend and they take the whole place over, so thats out. If anybody is a early riser ... it quite a sight to see all the old go - fast wooden stuff ect, pull in (some have the 12-16 cly world war aircraft engines in them) around 6ish am this saturday morning. And its parrott head saturday at the naswa......... my 4th grader is dieing to meet the big blue furry guy with the real fast donzi. But shes in rehearsals for a play thats friday night here on squam.

roadtrip se
07-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I'd like to come, but after looking at it today, I have too much going on this week to blow it all off and come to Winni, including three proposals due to a major account on Friday. Next time.

Have fun, don't get sun stroke, and Dwight, leave the hat in the truck...

Dr. Dan
07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
:smash: Cool - we'll be at Ames all weekend except during the Saturday Run when we take over the Naswa Docks. I will be glad to meet my Fan Club and Sign Autographs.... as will the other Legends in Our Own Minds.... :spongebob:

I wish her luck in her Stage Debut.... I did my first Play in 3rd Grade - but my first Stage Presence was in Mexico of all places when I was only 4 years old.

OMG- How time flies... now I just play a Big Blue Fuzzy Guy - Hope you can make it...also stop over for the Dinner at the Community Center @ Somoset Condos for Dinner on Saturday (after 5:30).... we always have plenty of food and you are welcome to bring a Dish to pass...its low key and fairly Family oriented... except for Clint Black and the Cowboy Boots you have nothing to fear.:thewave:

Doc of Cartoons - Teal Classics - and Big Blue Fuzzy Motors :thumbsup:

boxy
07-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Where are the pics ??????

roadtrip se
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
No pics, no stories, nothing?

Air 22
07-30-2008, 09:15 AM
With my liver :alky:now functioning normally...here are some pics...enjoy...:):)

First set is the Run on SAT...a beautiful day on the lake...it was at a price though...10 or so Donzi's were towed to the docks..:doh::hangum::nilly: for various mechanical issues...drives blowing, gimbals going bad, electrical..you name it..:eek!: No Marine Patrol problems however:cool:

Air 22
07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Food was great..Music was terrific..everyone had a great weekend:):)...hopefully more will post additional pic's...:wink:

undertaker
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I have some pics will try to post later today.....:propeller::propeller::propeller:

Dr. Dan
07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
:doh: I will leave my typical Narrative until a later date... meanwhile here are some passing glimpses through a Doctors Eyes. :spongebob:

Dr. Dan
07-30-2008, 02:17 PM
And some more ---

Team Jefe
07-31-2008, 06:50 AM
Nice Shot's Gents, thanks for sharing.

mike o
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Well , Ill chime in. I played hookey on friday and hauled all of 13-14 miles
from Squam Lake to ames farm... Met Dr Dan + Liz,,, Undertaker and family,,, Air 22 (no fighter helmet donded, for those who wondered if he always wears it like I did). I would have asked to borrow it, had I seen it, trying to run with all the 22 fts. Don n + wife,,, The nice couple from conn,,,, and the (indigenous winni) George and wife, and yellow fever . It was short but sweet (16) . Nice to meet ya-alll. Hope to hook -up with the WINNI LOCALS LATER ON THIS SUMMER-FALL. Had family stuff going. My 4th grader MARYSHANNON OHARA , just started watersking 3 weeks ago and was in a tournment.....HA SUMMER, SO SHORT, SO MUCH FUN, GOES BY TOO FAST.

undertaker
08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
some pics:propeller::propeller:

undertaker
08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
and more....:propeller:

undertaker
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
....................:pimp: