PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 280t Shield

Forino
06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Hi,
Looking for a Volvo 280 transom shield to give my drive trim.

Lenny
06-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Shields are the same, what you need are the ultra rare rams and stuff. Talk to Kirby on the board with the X-18 (with now) trim. :)

f_inscreenname
06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Shields are the same, what you need are the ultra rare rams and stuff. Talk to Kirby on the board with the X-18 (with now) trim. :)

Sorry Lenny but they are very diffrent.
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/986/tsjf0.jpg

Kirbyvv
06-27-2008, 07:30 AM
The 280T transom shields will bolt right up to the non trim transom shield holes, but the 280T shields do have the mounts for the rams. I think there may be 2 additional mounting bolts. it is an easy swap.
I've still got a complete 280T transom assembly, multiple trim pumps, misc braided ss lines, etc. $750 + shipping. it will need new bushings and pins, maybe a few hydraulic fittings and one of the rams appears to need new seals. Newly painted volvo greyish white. Located in the Lake George area.
I keep saying it's going on ebay, but was going to post it here first, but haven't gotten around to either yet.
I bought 2 280T assemblies thinking I'd peice together one working unit, but both were in pretty good shape and fairly complete. Like Lenny said, my X now has trim and it's great. I was going to keep the second as a spare, but I've got too too many spare parts for all my hobbies.

vonkamp
06-27-2008, 11:51 AM
The 280T transom shields will bolt right up to the non trim transom shield holes, but the 280T shields do have the mounts for the rams. I think there may be 2 additional mounting bolts. it is an easy swap.
I've still got a complete 280T transom assembly, multiple trim pumps, misc braided ss lines, etc. $750 + shipping. it will need new bushings and pins, maybe a few hydraulic fittings and one of the rams appears to need new seals. Newly painted volvo greyish white. Located in the Lake George area.
I keep saying it's going on ebay, but was going to post it here first, but haven't gotten around to either yet.
I bought 2 280T assemblies thinking I'd peice together one working unit, but both were in pretty good shape and fairly complete. Like Lenny said, my X now has trim and it's great. I was going to keep the second as a spare, but I've got too too many spare parts for all my hobbies.

That's a good price. I hope someone here get's it. You almost never see them go up for sale...

Kirbyvv
06-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I think the price is very fair. The guys at Performance marine said I should ask $1,200-1,500, but I figured I'd sell it for exactly what I've got in it to someone on the site.