PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Scott (madpoodle)

VetteLT193
06-23-2008, 08:24 AM
My trailer broke in Miami yesterday and Scott is REALLY helping me out. My brother lives in the Keys and I'm in Tallahassee so it really stinks being so far away from the boat.

I tried to get one last run out of this trailer and it failed. I went over the whole thing before I left Tallahassee and even though it was rusty nothing looked to the point of failure, I was wrong. :doh:

THANKS AGAIN SCOTT!!!!

Carl C
06-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I've never met him but I don't think you will find better people. Scott, you have a friend in metro Detroit too if you ever need anything please call. It would be my pleasure to put you up for a night or whatever I can do.

Cuda
06-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Poodle can be a prince at times. :) He's helped me out before.

Was it a bunk support that broke? They looked a bit qustionable. Unless they finished that road construction in West Palm, I-95 will take it's toll. When I hauled my Minx down there, the bumpy road caused the winch strap to be cut.:garfield:

VetteLT193
06-23-2008, 09:29 AM
From what I understand a bracket that holds the axles broke. I checked all the bunk supports before I left, even though they look bad they were all solid.

Lenny
06-23-2008, 11:43 PM
I've never met him but I don't think you will find better people.

Believe me, it is not hard to do :D :D :D

Kidding Scott. :)

Lenny and Deneen

Cuda
06-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Sorry I couldn't do more for ya, let me know what you end up doing..
AFTER you're brother kicks yer ass :D :eek: :D
I was going to say if your brother had a chain, I'd chain that sucker up as square as I could, and keep on keeping on. I've done it before. Once, when I was about 17, I took my dad's old Squall King out. On the way home, the toungue of the trailer broke (rusted from the inside). I rummaged around on the side of the road, found two pieces of 2x4, jacked up the broken tongue, the took the anchor line, wrapped it around the 2x4's, and made a "splint". I made it home.:)

I was taking to Catch 22 yesterday about your trailer ordeal, and like I told him, I'd rather puke an engine, than have trailer trouble. If you puke an engine, you can get it home to work on it, but if you break a trailer, you have to fix it then, and there. :( I had to put a complete undercarriage under one trailer, on the third of July, in a parking lot that was just paved. You talk about hot! Got it fixed, and went on up to the Suwannee eight hours later. There's a deep ditch somewhere in the Lower Suwanee Wildlife Refuge, with the remains of the undercarriage in it.

VetteLT193
06-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Sorry I couldn't do more for ya, let me know what you end up doing..
AFTER you're brother kicks yer ass :D :eek: :D

It sure looks more rusty in the pictures than it did in my driveway. :eek!:

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your help. I'll buy a trailer from you sooner or later, pending cash flow.