PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Way to Sell a Boat ... Not !!!

bgiles
06-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi there, came across this add on Boatraderonline, thought it was a typo so I followed up to see what the real price was.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1998-Donzi-22-Classic-93103504

Below is a cut and paste from the 2 e-mails I received .... doesn't sound legit to me.

First one, to which I replied questioning the shipping and taxes

Hello,

Sorry for mailing you so late!
I'm glad that you're interested in my boat. The boat is in good condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. The boat has been looked after very well - washed and cleaned every two weeks. The interior is in virtually spotless condition. The seats are clean and not torn. The exterior is in excellent condition. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time. There are no known problems with the boat as far as I know.

The total price is $5300 including shipping and delivery taxes to your address.

I'm waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Second one

Thanks for your fast answer. This boat is in great condition, the title is clear and all you have to do is to put your name on it. I like to mentioned that i am now located with my work in Las Vegas-Nevada and i have the boat here with me. I work as a pilot for US Airways and i don't have time to sell my boat. I can deliver the boat to your shipping address and I will agree to let you test it and inspect it for a few days just to be sure. I am going to use a shipping company for delivering it and I will pay the shipping and insurance fees. I want to use this company because I have a very busy schedule and travel allot so there is no time. It should take about 3-4 days for you to get the boat. The boat is already in their possession and they are only waiting for my instructions to begin shipment.

They offer third party services. In this way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will take place well. I understand that dealing through a third party company means a neutral company that verifies if the vehicle corresponds to what me and you can pay for the boat after you will receive, drive, test and confirm that you want to keep the boat. They allow 5 days inspection period after the boat will be delivered to you. The shipping company's agent told me that the first step is for you to send me your full name, shipping address and phone #. Then you will receive a complete list with instructions.

I'm waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Mr X
06-22-2008, 08:54 PM
This has SCAM written all over it!

BlownCrewCab
06-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Thats the Same scam going on-On ebay all the time. stay clear... unless you can get the boat in your posession before paying any money..

VetteLT193
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
here is another one, found it while looking for paint schemes for my Minx

http://williamsburg-michigan.olx.com/2004-donzi-classic-22-40th-anniversary-iid-8363122

Madcow
06-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Why not Email him back "That's great I live in Vegas. Give me the shippers address so i can take a quick look and we can have this done in a day or two." It will be interesting to see what run around answer you get next.:nilly:

JeffH
06-23-2008, 07:41 AM
The Yellow Donzi was here in Clear Lake, "Texas Twister" painted on the back.

It was for sale last year for 50k or more I think!

Carl C
06-23-2008, 08:22 AM
It's good that the boat doesn't have any "dents". Probably no rust on the hull either.

justleft
06-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I like the "has no technical damages at all".

That's not english.

Next it would be a bank tranfer of funds to an offshore location.

:shocking:

bwidowdonzi
06-30-2008, 10:47 PM
The dead give away for these scams is usually the broken english in the email. Another one is that they will over pay you and " after the check clears" you can pay them the difference. Problem is, sometimes they are so good, the check will initially clear, only to have problems later on then you are out the extra 1000-2000 they have sent you. " If it sounds to good to be true.................."

Walt. H.
07-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Its no longer listed when you click onto the above link.