PDA

View Full Version : Help with my '99 22ZX 502

kramsay1234
06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
The Griz's for sure can help and anyone else that has advice options, it would be great.

Firstly thanks to BigGrizz for the advice on the tabs. Trimmed those down today and took it out and ran 69.4 on GPS with my cousin and I in the boat and just over a half tank of gas. Likely could have got it to 70 if I kept on it, but thats about it.

Problem is, it still feels like the hull is not getting out of the water and getting loose. When I trim it out it doesn't really change that much and never feels like I am getting air under the boat.

Am running a 26 Bravo with about 4900-5000 rpm at WOT. But really feels like I am pushing a lot of water out of the way at 70mph. Help me get this boat out of the water and closer to 75mph.

Thanks, Kevin.

The Hedgehog
06-22-2008, 07:29 PM
You are probably getting close to the max. I am guessing that you might see 71-72 on a cool day with perfect conditions.

To see a good 75 you will need some more hp

BigGrizzly
06-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Now it is prop time. I personally don't like the BravoI prop I prefer a 3 blade. My son never played with anything except a Bravo because he was lazy and it worked ok. Since he had the blower he kept the RPMS low on the 7.4mpi. most of the mods we did were before the blower. Again your boat is taller and heavier than a classic. With that deep step it never feels aired out even if it is. What you need is to get a picture of it before you judge. I don't think you will achieve 75 with that set up with more power. You may be able to get to 72 if your really lucky. I hear the 75 MPH stories but when it comes to show me it never happens! As for the tabs information your very welcome, it also helps the handling too, it lets the hull work.

The Hedgehog
06-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I would agree about the 3 blade idea. You should try it. I had a 4 Blade Bravo I on my big non-step ZX. In the end I felt I left a few mph on the plate because I was lazy too.

Dial it in then enjoy your low 70's boat. That is moving pretty good. Then when it comes time, add some hp and look out!

kramsay1234
06-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I will for sure get a picture so I can be convinced the boat is airing out. I had my cousin with me and he has had boats and currently runs a 25 Talon. Even he felt like we were plowing along and that it was a "boring" kind of 70mph.

I noticed Bob tonight advertising his blown 350 package on his 2003 22ZX and he says he runs low 70's spinning the same 26 pitch Bravo 1. When I see the pic he posted he is spinning that prop near 5,000rpm on the same boat as me, so at least it proves to me that 5,000rpm with that prop, on that boat is a low 70's type ride.

I agree that its prop time. I have my new 23p labbed Mirage Plus from my Scarab I may throw on just to see what happens but I predict I will be way high on the rpms.

I am also curious if I slap on a 24p Bravo and take the rpm's up a few hundred to about 5,200 what the result will be. My experience thus far is spinning a smaller prop faster usually results in no speed gains and that you are better to push a larger pitch prop a few hundred rpms less to see more speed. But with the props its a guess game until you bolt them on. Luckily, I have some people on this board that have likely tried different variations on my exact hull.

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that i have a Skegguard on the drive. Not because i want it but because it was inherited with the boat thanks to a log or something the previous owner hit. It is coming off. First because it looks ridiculous bolted on there, and second because I can't see how it does any good for performance.

I am also going to do the obvious and change the plugs and do some basic tuning/maintenance on the motor just to make sure thats all in check but the boat runs well.

RedDog
06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I am also curious if I slap on a 24p Bravo and take the rpm's up a few hundred to about 5,200 what the result will be. ...

Your rev-limiter on that engine is at 5150, so... keep that in mind when propping

BigGrizzly
06-23-2008, 08:48 AM
STOP!!! A labbed 24 is not a 24. it is different depending who labbed it. You can't compare a tallon to 22ZX. Rids are different. my 18 Corsican at 65 feels the same as the 22 Criterion at 80. The Criterion at 73 feels glued to the water yet it isn't. The step will drag or so it seams. In no way will a blown 350 and 502 turn the same prop at the same speed. there is a weight difference in the stern. No offense but your over thinking the issue. Remember not all 22Zxs will perform the same. What you think about pitch is partially true providing you are using the same prop. you can't compare a Turbo with a mirage+. The Bravo and Mirage have different pitch progressions so direct replacement one for the other isn't the same. I could go on for hours but my carpel tunnel is acting up. Trust me on this I very seriously doubt if you can achieve 75 MPH with that boat and engine combination, I would be surprised at 72 mph. I know how much horse power it takes to get to 80 MPH in that boat. Doing the math and educated fugging you need another 93 HP to get to 75 mph. All in all the 22ZX is a good boat, and a great looker, but it isn't a speed demon. In the rough it will out perform other brands of the same size in ride and controllability.

ltl_mac2000
06-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey Kevin,

As an FYI, I have a '99 22ZX, 502MAG, Bravo One 1.5 drive, Bravo 26P prop....basically seems like same setup as yours. I was running 70 on GPS yesterday, at 5050 RPM. 1 driver, 1 passenger, full tank of gas. Best I have seen so far, is 72.5 on GPS, when by myself with 1/4 tank of fuel.

New motor has 20 hours, just tuned up. Only modification is Stainless Marine headers and risers which I have heard gives another 10 - 15 HP but not really certain.

Curious to hear how you make out with prop adjustments. I am actually wanting to get my prop reconditioned but don't want to give up a weekend.

Good luck!!
Danny

kramsay1234
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Dropped the boat off today to have the skeg repaired properly and found the prop shaft to be out a little. Was not surprised since when there is skeg damage (and from what I know, prop damage) there is usually a bent shaft in the equation. While there I will get the basic tune-up items done and then I will know where I stand on that end.

It sounds like 72-73 will have to be my new target, and reality is if it does a solid 70 everytime I get on it which is pretty much does now, although my 69 needs to become 70, then I will still be happy.

BigGrizz, the place I have always serviced my boats is a performance marine shop that does all the cutom poker run stuff in my area so they know their stuff and also have a bunch of props that I can try. The owner recommended for starters trying to turn a 27p Mirage Plus to see the difference and he said he will give me one to try.

I also thought about headers, and maybe some other performance improvements, but I will first see where I get with different props. I find the boat is a little quiet with the thru-hulls, although the engine has a nice rumble at idle, so the headers would be for the sound as well. Not ready to spend those $ yet though. I actually have a bunch of fun with the trial and error and fiddling with the boat as I am sure many here do. Boating for me is as much playing with my toy then actually boating. Chasing the 1-2mph is a kick for me and always has been, but I am a realist so I am not going to dream for something not attainable. Right now I am about to spend a bunch of money on my trailer that I could spend in peformance for the boat, but I want to see the thing mint and safe more than anything. I am getting the sense my brakes on the trailer are not working properly so we will see after its inspected.

I saw a guy at a restaurant last night actually with a '97 22ZX with a 454 Mag. He said turning a 24 Bravo he got 64.2 on GPS yesterday with 3 in th boat - no stepped hull of course. So I am way ahead of him.

I will keep everyone posted as the process continues and still look forward to any advice and comments. The boat is a step up from the Scarab in terms of the way it feels in the waves, and I like going to the big block and the bravo and I can tell it is a well built boat so I am very happy with the purchase. Because of the hull I think I will name the boat "Stepped Up".

kramsay1234
06-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey Red - I think the limiter is higher up than that. The recommended WOT max on the motor is 5200 and I am sure the limited is set above that. I have not had it up that high to find out though.

Your rev-limiter on that engine is at 5150, so... keep that in mind when propping

kramsay1234
06-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Danny - any chance you have the mechanical trim and tab indicators in the center of your dash that were an option? If so, where do you get your trim to on the gauage when you are running wide open?

Hey Kevin,

As an FYI, I have a '99 22ZX, 502MAG, Bravo One 1.5 drive, Bravo 26P prop....basically seems like same setup as yours. I was running 70 on GPS yesterday, at 5050 RPM. 1 driver, 1 passenger, full tank of gas. Best I have seen so far, is 72.5 on GPS, when by myself with 1/4 tank of fuel.

New motor has 20 hours, just tuned up. Only modification is Stainless Marine headers and risers which I have heard gives another 10 - 15 HP but not really certain.

Curious to hear how you make out with prop adjustments. I am actually wanting to get my prop reconditioned but don't want to give up a weekend.

Good luck!!
Danny

ltl_mac2000
06-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey Kevin, I don't have have the optional indicators, I only have the stock Gaffrig II for the drive trim. At WOT, I am about 1/3 up, maybe a little less.

I used the GPS to help me find the perfect spot but you will hear/feel it too when it is just right. Just need to find a straightaway long enough to stay WOT while doing 70 and keep playing with it.

Real curious to see how you make out with Mirage. People on this site have had luck with them in the past, don't remember the exact numbers though.

The Hedgehog
06-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Dropped the boat off today to have the skeg repaired properly and found the prop shaft to be out a little. Was not surprised since when there is skeg damage (and from what I know, prop damage) there is usually a bent shaft in the equation. While there I will get the basic tune-up items done and then I will know where I stand on that end.

It sounds like 72-73 will have to be my new target, and reality is if it does a solid 70 everytime I get on it which is pretty much does now, although my 69 needs to become 70, then I will still be happy.

BigGrizz, the place I have always serviced my boats is a performance marine shop that does all the cutom poker run stuff in my area so they know their stuff and also have a bunch of props that I can try. The owner recommended for starters trying to turn a 27p Mirage Plus to see the difference and he said he will give me one to try.

I also thought about headers, and maybe some other performance improvements, but I will first see where I get with different props. I find the boat is a little quiet with the thru-hulls, although the engine has a nice rumble at idle, so the headers would be for the sound as well. Not ready to spend those $ yet though. I actually have a bunch of fun with the trial and error and fiddling with the boat as I am sure many here do. Boating for me is as much playing with my toy then actually boating. Chasing the 1-2mph is a kick for me and always has been, but I am a realist so I am not going to dream for something not attainable. Right now I am about to spend a bunch of money on my trailer that I could spend in peformance for the boat, but I want to see the thing mint and safe more than anything. I am getting the sence my brakes on the trailer are not working properly so we will see after its inspected.

I saw a guy at a restaurant last night actually with a '97 22ZX with a 454 Mag. He said turning a 24 Bravo he got 64.2 on GPS yesterday with 3 in th boat - no stepped hull of course. So I am way ahead of him.

I will keep everyone posted as the process continues and still look forward to any advice and comments. The boat is a step up from the Scarab in terms of the way it feels in the waves, and I like going to the big block and the bravo and I can tell it is a well built boat so I am very happy with the purchase. Because of the hull I think I will name the boat "Stepped Up".

Enjoy the 1-2 mph intervals. Those are fun and we all do it.

The 502 mag is a great motor for modifying.

kramsay1234
06-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks - what are some standard mods besides headers and maybe a K&N? Are there any computer mods that can be done or things that are worthwhile but don't involve getting into the internals?

Enjoy the 1-2 mph intervals. Those are fun and we all do it.

The 502 mag is a great motor for modifying.

BigGrizzly
06-23-2008, 05:43 PM
You will not be able to turn the 27 mirage + unless it is worked and thinned. I am going to bet the mirage will some ventilation on acceleration. The speed the guy with the 454 is the standard speed of either the stepped or non stepped hull. The 502 like hedg said is a really good platform to work from. Lots of mods available. Good luck.

The Hedgehog
06-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks - what are some standard mods besides headers and maybe a K&N? Are there any computer mods that can be done or things that are worthwhile but don't involve getting into the internals?

You could lean the ECU but if you do headers it will lean itself. The K&N won't really do anything.

After exhaust, its heads and cam. You can work over the iron heads, do inconnel valves and do a big cam. You will be around 500 hp. Add boost and you will push 675 or so. Beyond that, the sky is the limit.

Or you can procharge it to get 575-600.

RedDog
06-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Hey Red - I think the limiter is higher up than that. The recommended WOT max on the motor is 5200 and I am sure the limited is set above that. I have not had it up that high to find out though.

This post has a reference to a Merc manual and pegs the rev limiter at 5100 - http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=52137

This pages shows the WOT operating range as 4600 to 5000 (although I have spun mine up over 5200 - recognizing the tach is not necessarily spot on) - http://brucebullockmarine.com/mercury/350-454-502.html

kramsay1234
06-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Good Info. Thanks. And I will definitely know for sure when I start bouncing off it.

This post has a reference to a Merc manual and pegs the rev limiter at 5100 - http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=52137

This pages shows the WOT operating range as 4600 to 5000 (although I have spun mine up over 5200 - recognizing the tach is not necessarily spot on) - http://brucebullockmarine.com/mercury/350-454-502.html

blackhawk
06-24-2008, 07:40 PM
The Griz's for sure can help and anyone else that has advice options, it would be great.

Firstly thanks to BigGrizz for the advice on the tabs. Trimmed those down today and took it out and ran 69.4 on GPS with my cousin and I in the boat and just over a half tank of gas. Likely could have got it to 70 if I kept on it, but thats about it.

Problem is, it still feels like the hull is not getting out of the water and getting loose. When I trim it out it doesn't really change that much and never feels like I am getting air under the boat.

Am running a 26 Bravo with about 4900-5000 rpm at WOT. But really feels like I am pushing a lot of water out of the way at 70mph. Help me get this boat out of the water and closer to 75mph.

Thanks, Kevin.
I'm not familiar with your hull but if you get a chance try a Rev4 25. It is the best out of the box 4-blade I have tried. Runs looser than the Bravo with more bow lift and 100-200 more rpm.

kramsay1234
06-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Will try that for sure. I am told the 3 blades like a Mirage will give more bow lift vs the Bravo 4 blade. The Rev 4 I hadn't considered so I will have to see if there is one of those I can try also. Thanks.

blackhawk
06-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Will try that for sure. I am told the 3 blades like a Mirage will give more bow lift vs the Bravo 4 blade. The Rev 4 I hadn't considered so I will have to see if there is one of those I can try also. Thanks.

Out of the box a Mirage+ will have a lot more bow lift than a Bravo. The Rev4 has very similar bow lift to the Mirage+ and on my boat was just as fast.

BigGrizzly
06-28-2008, 08:39 AM
I will admit that the rev4 is the best prop Merc makes. It works well, but it really is not a bow lifter it does lift the boat but more from the center. The more I re-prop boats the more I dislike the Mirage +. Like I say in every post, you have to try it.

kramsay1234
06-28-2008, 10:58 AM
BigGrizz - will do. Quick update. Got my boat back, comp test done, all even, changed the plugs, cap and rotor were desparate for a change. Drive lower taken out, shaft fixed, skeg fixed so I am ready to prop test. They didn't have a 27 mirage right now for me to try, so will have to wait a week or so or find someone out boating this weekend to borrow one from. Blackhawk has a couple for sale that might work ok, but I would like to try a few around here first. Hoping for some sun this weekend so I can put an hour or two on...

kramsay1234
07-03-2008, 08:07 AM
So I got to put it in the water on Tuesday. Conditions were calm, but with myself and a friend in the boat and half tank of gas got to 71mph on GPS this time quite easily. Ran out of space but it was pretty wound out. 5000rpm with the 26p Bravo. At least now I am in the 70's. Didn't get any other props to try as yet. I think the new plugs and the cap and rotor helped. Now that I am out of obvious tuning items, and my tabs are corrected. Its all prop trial from here. Boat runs great though.

blackhawk
07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
kramsay, unfortunately both my props are gone. I know when we were talking you wanted to loosen the boat up so keep your eye out for a rev4 to try. They have a lot of rake and carry the bow much better than a Bravo.

If you are spooling a stock 26 I bet a BBlades 28 would work. That 28 I had pulled the same rpm as a stock 26 but it pulled the boat out of the water a lot more and got me 2-3 mph. But my boat hated a stock Bravo where it seems yours responds well.

kramsay1234
07-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Hey Scott - I did notice you sold the props. Timing was a bit early although I was really tempted to get the 4 blade you had. Too bad. If I gained 2-3mph and sat at or near 75mph I would be one happy camper. I just wanted to try a couple test props first.

Who did the work on your 28 and did you have to specify what you were looking for when it was done?

Also, that Rev4 has some radical looking blades. What pitch would be comparable to my 26 Bravo? Edit - I see 25 is the biggest so I am guessing it will be the ticket.

Kevin

blackhawk
07-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey Scott - I did notice you sold the props. Timing was a bit early although I was really tempted to get the 4 blade you had. Too bad. If I gained 2-3mph and sat at or near 75mph I would be one happy camper. I just wanted to try a couple test props first.

Who did the work on your 28 and did you have to specify what you were looking for when it was done?

Also, that Rev4 has some radical looking blades. What pitch would be comparable to my 26 Bravo? Edit - I see 25 is the biggest so I am guessing it will be the ticket.

Kevin

Brett at BBlades did the work on the 28. It was already labbed and more bow lift added when I got the prop but I sent it to him to get cleaned up.

BigGrizzly
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
At least your over the big hump, now back to props. This is the easy part just time consuming. As for the Rev4 vs the bravoI, the bravo is really smaller then the pitch says where the Rev is pretty much where it is suppose to be. In my opinion the 25 Rev would be my choice. Try what you can. A good 25 may put you right where you want to be.

ltl_mac2000
07-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Kramsay....will you hurry up and do some testing....the suspense is killing me!!! :smash:

Glad to see you hit the 70 mark!!

Danny

kramsay1234
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Ha ha...While that winshield may keep you from a free hairstyling, it may slow you down a half mph...You will have to adjust accordingly. Although as long as you don't stand up in those bolsters, you will be more aerodynamic without a couple of heads sticking up in the wind. :wink:

Kramsay....will you hurry up and do some testing....the suspense is killing me!!! :smash:

Glad to see you hit the 70 mark!!

Danny

ltl_mac2000
07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Ha ha...While that winshield may keep you from a free hairstyling, it may slow you down a half mph...You will have to adjust accordingly. Although as long as you don't stand up in those bolsters, you will be more aerodynamic without a couple of heads sticking up in the wind. :wink:

Don't think that the hair wasn't a factor when I designed those seats..LOL

Seriously though, stop wasting time with the comments and get a hold of those props.You have work to do.:clap:

I really am very curious to see how you make out. Will be awesome to know if a little more speed is possible in our boats. Good luck! Have a safe 4th.

kramsay1234
08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
So can only offer a small update thus far as I haven't got my hands on the right sized Mirage Plus to try or anything else for that matter. Honestly weather has been garbage here and there hasn't been much boating. But today was nice, so just as a gauge, I put on a stock 23 Mirage Plus that I had and went for a ride. The rpm's were way up and I was hitting the rev limiter pretty early, but the interesting news is that I was at 68mph on my GPS. Given I am quite a bit under-pitched, and was hitting the rev limiter pretty fast, I was pretty amazed that I got within 3 mph of my 26 Bravo.

Next up to try will be a 25 Mirage Plus or a 27 depending what I can get my hands on. At least I got to take the boat out for a ride this weekend...

blackhawk
08-04-2008, 08:47 PM
So can only offer a small update thus far as I haven't got my hands on the right sized Mirage Plus to try or anything else for that matter. Honestly weather has been garbage here and there hasn't been much boating. But today was nice, so just as a gauge, I put on a stock 23 Mirage Plus that I had and went for a ride. The rpm's were way up and I was hitting the rev limiter pretty early, but the interesting news is that I was at 68mph on my GPS. Given I am quite a bit under-pitched, and was hitting the rev limiter pretty fast, I was pretty amazed that I got within 3 mph of my 26 Bravo.

Next up to try will be a 25 Mirage Plus or a 27 depending what I can get my hands on. At least I got to take the boat out for a ride this weekend...

Another prop you may want to look for is a standard Mirage 25. They have less cup so they don't plane as well and they don't carry the bow quite as high but on the certain boats they are fast!

cneidhart
08-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Hi,
I have a 97 22zx with a mildly worked 454mag (cam,heads,pistons). I've also added a procharger and emi headers. So we're starting to get some horsepower. Biggest gain in HP was by far the Procharger. Well worth the $.
The problem is fuel consumption! We run only 4 pounds boost.
We are using a 28 Bravo, not labbed. I have a Mirage Plus 30 that has been on the boat 1 time and I still have it in the box. Under hard acceleration the blade blows out and after having a 4 blade you can feel a vibration with a 3 blade.
I don't understand why if you are touching 5000+ rpm you are going smaller pitch? I'm not sure you could turn a 28 with out a blower, but if you want to go faster you need to through a larger pitch.
I will tell you my boat is dam scarey over 74 and almost no one wants in that boat at that speed. Serious! Any side wave can take you out. You want to get more air and my questions to the board were how do I make it more stable. The answer to my question came with more horsepower and then I could use a lot less trim.
Be careful, the hull is squirrely at those speeds.

The Hedgehog
08-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Hi,
I have a 97 22zx with a mildly worked 454mag (cam,heads,pistons). I've also added a procharger and emi headers. So we're starting to get some horsepower. Biggest gain in HP was by far the Procharger. Well worth the $.
We are using a 28 Bravo, not labbed. I have a Mirage Plus 30 that has been on the boat 1 time and I still have it in the box. Under hard acceleration the blade blows out and after having a 4 blade you can feel a vibration with a 3 blade.
I don't understand why if you are touching 5000+ rpm you are going smaller pitch? I'm not sure you could turn a 28 with out a blower, but if you want to go faster you need to through a larger pitch.
I will tell you my boat is dam scarey over 74 and almost no one wants in that boat at that speed. Serious! Any side wave can take you out. You want to get more air and my questions to the board were how do I make it more stable. The answer to my question came with more horsepower and then I could use a lot less trim.

More blade = more surface area and less slip. With less slip it is harder to turn. Additionally, props with more blades are typically more stable. This is especially true as teh blade starts to surface. That is where 5 and 6 blades come into play.

I hope that you are using full hydraulic steering at those speeds.

Now we need pics

BigGrizzly
08-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Chuck, your statements don't surprise me in the least. First your boat won't like the M+ as much as the bravo1. That bravo 1 is actually a smaller pitch then claimed it is between 26.8 and 27.6 pitch. There is one thing is that your tabs are dragging, this in part is the scary feeling and I will bet you do not have outside hydraulic steering. I know this because the all do until fixed. The is a thread on this. As for fuel consumption the main problem is RPMs most boats with your configuration have the best fuel economy at between 2800 and 3200. My Criterion is an odd ball and get it best at 32000 to 3400 RPMs with 4.7 psi of boost. At full throttle I use almost 50 gals an hour. At cruise between 14 and 16 gph. as soon as I hit 3600 RPMs the ball game changes drastically. I am not going to discuss props here, because there are too many subjective opinions.

kramsay1234
08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the input and interesting comments. This weekend I was blowing through other boats waves at 70mph on my GPS with my cousin in the boat driving and the boat is so stable it was boring! You need hydraulic steering. I don't have full, but my boat came with factory hydraulic and between that and the stepped hull, these are the only main differences between us. But I am telling you that at 70-71mph I am bored (not really, but the boat is stable).

I only threw on the Mirage because I had it and wanted to see what it would do and the difference in feeling with the 3 Blade. With such a pitch downsize I was shocked to be within 3mph and especially since I had more throttle to give because I was hitting the limiter. I did notice the vibration though at slower speeds and the boat porpoised (just a bit) and was not as stable with the Mirage+. There is likely a reason Donzi put Bravo I's on the boats stock. I just want a speed prop for when I want it, but the 26 Bravo is a great all around performer on my boat. As I said I will try a stock 25p Mirage+ or 27 for comparisons. Once I have some better baseline comparisons, then I will bug Randy...:wink:

Hi,

blackhawk
08-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I just want a speed prop for when I want it, but the 26 Bravo is a great all around performer on my boat.

This is exactly what I do. I run my Mirage on the local lakes and on Elk/Torch Lake and my Rev4 on the rougher waters of GT Bay and Lake Michigan. And I always carry the Mirage with me just in case I need to do a quick swap! :wink:

rtgogo
08-06-2008, 04:15 PM
kramsay....saw your comment about havin the stock hydraulic steering. Mine has this along with a helm unit that effectively gives me a double hydraulic feel (oober power steering) Just thought I'd put an idea out there for ya if your lookin for a "softer" steering. I actually thought I had a malfunction at first, but it's dialed in perfect...just really smooth..

BigGrizzly
08-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Stock inside hydraulic is not even close to outside hydraulic steering! From this post I can't tell if we are talking about outside rams or inside stock hydraulic helm.

kramsay1234
08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Neither of us have full external steering. And that would be a different league all together for sure!